IGNORED

Our Keeper

Redmycolour

What a load of crap.9 goals in 3 games. Who's our spotter.3rd choice keeper at previous club I can see why.no command in area.how many will he let in against LEEDS.Please get our keeper FIELDING back.i know he's injured.but help.I was there Saturday.he doesn't look safe.

9 goals in 3 games? 2 of them were by Fielding.

Against Luton he had been at the club for a matter of hours, and on Saturday he made a couple of mistakes but we were left exposed due to the sending off. He also made a few great saves.

I agree that he has not had the best start, but give him a chance.

What a load of crap.9 goals in 3 games. Who's our spotter.3rd choice keeper at previous club I can see why.no command in area.how many will he let in against LEEDS.Please get our keeper FIELDING back.i know he's injured.but help.I was there Saturday.he doesn't look safe.

Couldn't agree less! How was he meant to keep any of those out? The first goal he did well to save Greys shot and rebound had no chance, second goal was deflected out of his hands, 3rd and 4th goal he had no chance, Grey lost his marker and Flint got turned too easy for the 4th. Hamer couldn't have done nothing.

As for being commanding, I thought he was very vocal and told the defence what to do and where to go well. In my opinion anyway. He definitely can't be blamed for any of the 4 goals.

To be fair he was at fault for the first where he parried a powder puff shot straight in to an unmarked play.

Lets give him a chance but the defending in general was very poor on Saturday.

Out of interest, who was playing Alan Judge onside there - he seemed to be offside from where I was.

If I didn't know better I'd say you were just being contrary because you're still sore about the miracle match...

Jeez - please, I thought we'd agreed you'd never mention that again!!

I still remember sat in the pub in complete silence at the end of that game. The perfect storm, in the most non perfect way I could ever imagine!

Couldn't agree less! How was he meant to keep any of those out? The first goal he did well to save Greys shot and rebound had no chance, second goal was deflected out of his hands, 3rd and 4th goal he had no chance, Grey lost his marker and Flint got turned too easy for the 4th. Hamer couldn't have done nothing.

As for being commanding, I thought he was very vocal and told the defence what to do and where to go well. In my opinion anyway. He definitely can't be blamed for any of the 4 goals.

Yeah but apart from that!

Please don't use facts to argue against, farcical nonsense, it most certainly will be lost on the op.

When he settles in, he will prove to be a quality keeper, he's not had any time to bed in with the squad, had we signed him preseason he'd be ready by now, I look forward to seeing him play his part.

Jeez - please, I thought we'd agreed you'd never mention that again!!

I still remember sat in the pub in complete silence at the end of that game. The perfect storm, in the most non perfect way I could ever imagine!

Sorry, Woodsy! I'm a little emotional after Paulie's departure, misty-eyed for the good old days. That was essentially the opposite of my reaction, although I was a bit too young to really cane it in the way that I might now.

Back on track. I haven't seen Hamer play yet - bar the highlights. Regardless, we shouldn't be deciding that he's no good this early on. He's got more Championship experience than most of our other players and who knows, he's a big City fan, maybe he's nervous? He, like everyone else in the squad, deserves our support.

Sorry, Woodsy! I'm a little emotional after Paulie's departure, misty-eyed for the good old days. That was essentially the opposite of my reaction, although I was a bit too young to really cane it in the way that I might now.

Back on track. I haven't seen Hamer play yet - bar the highlights. Regardless, we shouldn't be deciding that he's no good this early on. He's got more Championship experience than most of our other players and who knows, he's a big City fan, maybe he's nervous? He, like everyone else in the squad, deserves our support.

Ha, I certainly caned it that night, I can tell you!

As for Hamer, absolutely needs time to settle. As you say, he's not just playing for anyone - he's playing for HIS team. That's got to put more pressure on him, not from anyone else, from himself

He'll be fine, I've no doubt about that

He should of clearly done better with the first two, he could of easily caught that weak effort for the first goal.

He should of clearly done better with the first two, he could of easily caught that weak effort for the first goal.

The first one was definitely as you describe, the second was unfortunate, when a ball comes in at that angle the keeper has to be ready for a touch that goes to his right and the chance that everyone will miss it and it will continue on. unfortunately for him a touch was made but only enough to deflect it between his legs.

From where we were in the Atyeo we thought he controlled it with his arm, that's what Hamer was appealing for.....

Handbaall shout from the Dolman too.

However - as Super says - he should've dealt better with that initial shot. His positioning was wrong too. He was standing almost on the penalty spot. An invitation for someone to run in behind him.

Archived