IGNORED

Brentford Fans View Of Gray.

marksy

For what it's worth I think Gray would have been the division's top scorer if he'd have stayed. His transformation from 12 months ago has been beyond all believe, and he's incredibly effective as a striker. For instance, Benham doesn't really care how many goals a striker scores, all he really cares about is the amount of chances created when that striker (or any other player) is on the pitch compared to how many chances offered up to opponents. Gray's scoring exploits last season weren't bad, seeing as he'd never played league football before, but the amount of chances he was creating for himself and others were incredibly high; this is where his value was last season.

This season we've scored 6 goals in 2 league games. Gray has been on the pitch for less than a game and a half, but has been involved directly in 5 of those 6 goals. I think that highlights his value, particularly as an all round striker - he can play off the shoulder, run in behind, run the channels, poach, but also hold the ball up and bring teammates into play. Based on this I think he'll be quite comfortably better players than Hofmann and Vibe this season. However, our two new signings do look decent, but i reckon they'll need to to settle and for the wider team to gel properly. That said, last season Gray had so many creative players supporting him, as you've correctly pointed out, and the same applies for this season. Whereas, I think there's a chance he may suffer somewhat at Bristol City unless they add quality to their midfield.

A guy I follow on Twitter who supports Brentford and who's analysis I value very highly says he's worth the fee. That's a big statement from him; he firmly believes he'll develop into a premiership striker.

Do you mind saying who that is Foggy...as it might be someone I know.

Interesting point about the amount of chances he creates. I noticed on Saturday that he was just involved in everything. Looks like a real asset to the team, looking beyond the goals he scores. Really excited about the prospect of him and Kodjia together.

If he signs!!

Think he covered that...

If he signs!!

Yes it's a big if, if he signs for us. But as far as Brentford are concerned he's almost certainly going somewhere once bid or bids like these arrive. Yes I know in Maynard's case we accepted a bid and he didn't leave but I think the majority of the time it really is only a matter of time. The player gets unsettled, the fans have him down as gone or looking to go, saying his heart isn't in it anymore and the club are looking to spend the cash.

For what it's worth I think Gray would have been the division's top scorer if he'd have stayed. His transformation from 12 months ago has been beyond all believe, and he's incredibly effective as a striker. For instance, Benham doesn't really care how many goals a striker scores, all he really cares about is the amount of chances created when that striker (or any other player) is on the pitch compared to how many chances offered up to opponents. Gray's scoring exploits last season weren't bad, seeing as he'd never played league football before, but the amount of chances he was creating for himself and others were incredibly high; this is where his value was last season.

This season we've scored 6 goals in 2 league games. Gray has been on the pitch for less than a game and a half, but has been involved directly in 5 of those 6 goals. I think that highlights his value, particularly as an all round striker - he can play off the shoulder, run in behind, run the channels, poach, but also hold the ball up and bring teammates into play. Based on this I think he'll be quite comfortably better players than Hofmann and Vibe this season. However, our two new signings do look decent, but i reckon they'll need to to settle and for the wider team to gel properly. That said, last season Gray had so many creative players supporting him, as you've correctly pointed out, and the same applies for this season. Whereas, I think there's a chance he may suffer somewhat at Bristol City unless they add quality to their midfield.

The 2nd sentence in the first paragraph makes me think 'one season wonder' and if he is we are spending a lot of money on the hope that he is more than a 'one season wonder'

Yes it's a big if, if he signs for us. But as far as Brentford are concerned he's almost certainly going somewhere once bid or bids like these arrive. Yes I know in Maynard's case we accepted a bid and he didn't leave but I think the majority of the time it really is only a matter of time. The player gets unsettled, the fans have him down as gone or looking to go, saying his heart isn't in it anymore and the club are looking to spend the cash.

Pretty sure it was quoted somewhere yesterday that he has told Brentford he wants out....lets hope Bristol appeals

Forget... Is it Pebble Mill at One the day before or the same day as a match for a new player to be eligible?

Its gone 1 on the day of the match anyway so i guess i have answered my own question... It took me over 9 minutes to type this out mind!

Pebble Mill

Blimey - there's trip down memory lane. Can't remember Gary Sprake, but Angela Rippon stood outside introducing the show I remember clearly

Pebble Mill

Blimey - there's trip down memory lane. Can't remember Gary Sprake, but Angela Rippon stood outside introducing the show I remember clearly

Yeah good ole Angie. I liked Anna Ford better though for some bizarre reason.

Talking of girl presenters i wonder if Leeds fan Gabby Logan will be at Ashton Gate tonight; she came down last season if i recall.

Archived