IGNORED

Fm Database

JoeAman08

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9956715/how-football-manager-is-helping-sky-sports-analyse-the-worlds-top-footballers

From sky about Football Manager's database. I know many are skeptical about its viability but it really is a good way to get an idea about players you don't know much about. It's not for making decision on whether or not a player will succeed but instead give you an idea about what he could bring to the table.

Ridiculous

The only way to have an opinion is to watch people play.

It pisses me off on here when you get people saying we should sign X from some obscure league who is only 17 and is a good prospect. Complete nonsense.

I respect Harry and one or two others who seem to watch a lot of football but other than that the suggestions are very annoying.

Ridiculous

It pisses me off on here when you get people saying we should sign X from some obscure league who is only 17 and is a good prospect. Complete nonsense.

I respect Harry and one or two others who seem to watch a lot of football but other than that the suggestions are very annoying.

Agreed. It shouldn't be used for that. I thinks it's acceptable to use in terms of if we already bought a 17 year old from an obscure country you could use some of the stats to get an idea about him. For example if he's got pace or dribbling ability.

Agreed. It shouldn't be used for that. I thinks it's acceptable to use in terms of if we already bought a 17 year old from an obscure country you could use some of the stats to get an idea about him. For example if he's got pace or dribbling ability.

Don't see it the point. It is other people's opinion. Just wait to see him play.

Ridiculous

Ermmmm....with respect...over 1300 Scouts have watched the players and compiled detailed reports about them.

Lots of Clubs...in fact...the majority of clubs now, use some form of database.

They use it to find players that stats show fir their requirements. Then send their own scouts to go and watch them. It saves many wasted hours.

I watch a lot of development football...but still use a database for player stats....that's how you build up your player knowledge.

Ermmmm....with respect...over 1300 Scouts have watched the players and compiled detailed reports about them.

Lots of Clubs...in fact...the majority of clubs now, use some form of database.

They use it to find players that stats show fir their requirements. Then send their own scouts to go and watch them. It saves many wasted hours.

I watch a lot of development football...but still use a database for player stats....that's how you build up your player knowledge.

I understand that but mistakes are frequent on FM. Giving Leon Osman a low score for workrate is just one I remember from a similar conversation on here a year ago. Should Papa Cisse have a 20 for finishing that he had on last year's Fm?

You are another that I respect by the way.

I understand that but mistakes are frequent on FM. Giving Leon Osman a low score for workrate is just one I remember from a similar conversation on here a year ago. Should Papa Cisse have a 20 for finishing that he had on last year's Fm?

You are another that I respect by the way.

No worries RD...I understand your concerns. The databases used by Football Clubs and Scouts are far more detailed than FM....the details are quiet astounding.

Thanks for the kind words...always appreciated and likewise :-)

Archived