IGNORED

Penalty ?

Cideriuplandlord

I thought Hamer did well to dive across the goal, rather than at the player and forced him wide which is why he went down. It's our own fault for leaving the keeper and just one defender (was it Smith?) exposed so easily though. Tighten up that problem (and make sure no other problems appear in the mean time) and we should be a good side in this division imo.

To be fair it was a great save with his leg.

I thought the keeper got a touch, couldn't believe the ref gave a GK.

That said shouldn't have given the keeper a chance.

I thought Hamer did well to dive across the goal, rather than at the player and forced him wide which is why he went down. It's our own fault for leaving the keeper and just one defender (was it Smith?) exposed so easily though. Tighten up that problem (and make sure no other problems appear in the mean time) and we should be a good side in this division imo.

Getting caught on the break too easily, I think we need to tweak the 3 CB's and can't be so gung ho. 

It may work attacking but 30 yards between your covering defenders leaves us too open. 

For me the jury is still out on Hamer, hasn't done much to impress while leaving a few question marks.

I was in the South stand but knew we were in trouble as soon as I saw Hamer haring out and it look like a pen to me. However the bloke on the radio said it looked like he was going down before Hamer got there surprising Cotts agreed that there was no contact ;). Seen it on Sky since but can't really tell

No!  Because on Sky, one of their players was right in the way of a good view.

• Admin

I'm not sure you can criticise Hamer for anything tonight. Maybe in the previous 2 games but last night he caught the few crosses he had to deal with soundly, his kicking was fine and he was badly exposed for both goals.

In the build up just before the penalty the ball came across his box, there was a split second where he could have slid out and claimed the ball, I'm guessing he was off balance as he didn't go for the ball, this gave the striker the chance to go around him and subsequently win the penalty.

Hard to see whether there was contact, it appeared the lineswoman gave the decision - but her view was the same as mine and really it needed to be from the refs angle as to whether there was any contact or not

It was 100% a pen. Dolman A block right in line. Hamer came out too late but shouldn't have been left that exposed (again). Lineswoman was right to give it. 'Dippy Diana'.... deary me :facepalm:

There was one aggressive cretin in your block who made an utter disgrace of himself who would disagree with you.

I pity the steward who had to deal with him.

There was one aggressive cretin in your block who made an utter disgrace of himself who would disagree with you.

I pity the steward who had to deal with him.

There were plenty shouting around me (as fans will do when a pen is given against you, stone wall or not) but didn't notice anyone being that bad. Shame on them

There were plenty shouting around me (as fans will do when a pen is given against you, stone wall or not) but didn't notice anyone being that bad. Shame on them

He was clearly one of life's losers. I know which seat he's in and will photograph/film him if he acts similarly again.

On this occasion however, I think the steward did the right thing in warning him. Next time it should be a stadium ban.

He was clearly one of life's losers. I know which seat he's in and will photograph/film him if he acts similarly again.

On this occasion however, I think the steward did the right thing in warning him. Next time it should be a stadium ban.

What exactly was said? Having a go at the female lino I assume?

For me he had to come out due to Williams being in no mans land, the striker is only going away from goal because Hamers come out.

Williams in no mans land? The person to blame for the 1st goal was Fredericks, giving the ball away allowing for a 4 against 1 breakaway. To blame Wiiliams for being in no mans land is bizarre.

What exactly was said? Having a go at the female lino I assume?

Everything under the sun to the female lino, while climbing over a steward at the touchline. Only thing missing was some frothing at the mouth.

The most disgusting performance I've seen at a match for a long time. And in front of plenty of children.

This time the steward got loads of verbal for not reprimanding the chap as much as he might have done. Damned if you do...

We'll done to the lino for running the same line second half.

Williams in no mans land? The person to blame for the 1st goal was Fredericks, giving the ball away allowing for a 4 against 1 breakaway. To blame Wiiliams for being in no mans land is bizarre.

Not really. Players give the ball away. It happens. So there should be some sort of contingency for that - you can't just pile everyone forward and hope to God that no one gives the ball away

Archived