IGNORED

How Much Do You Expect The Club To Spend?

Lrrr

Spending  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Given the size of proposed transfers for Gayle and Gray and reading fans saying we need/should be spending large amounts I was curious how much fans expect to be spent for the rest of the window. Obviously depends how many players you think we'll bring in as well, so maybe just post how many players you expect as well.

Its a tough question to explain the answer. Basically I would like to see about a 5m spend on quality U25 players with championship experience. I think Kodjia will grow more into a poacher in time and that isn't out most pressing area. I'd want 2CBs and a quality CM. all of them starting caliber even if 1 of the CBs was League 1 level or lower(Egan or Goldson for example). The CM is a must and must have experience at this level or higher. These won't come cheap in terms of transfers but that's basically 2m on a CB 2m on a CM and 1m on a lower league CB(if wanted).

I'm not worried about going forward as we have 3 strikers and 2 more that can play anywhere on the wing to striker. Plus Reid of need be for Freeman.

Kodjia should have been our big signing. The rest should be proven L1 players and young premier league players not deemed good enough for the top flight

We'd still struggle to pay wages to Prem players deemed not good enough in the top flight.

As I pointed out in another thread...as an example...young Matt Grimes went from 500 a week to 10k overnight...on a four and half year deal....and he can't even make the bench at Swansea. There are many like him. Only loans with part payment of wages would be possible imho....unless like Fredericks they move for football reasons.

I think there's a good chance we won't sign anyone unfortunately.

Have a feeling that this unwanted media attention the last couple weeks has done some serious damage in terms of what a selling team will now expect us to pay for their players.

Archived