IGNORED

New Striker

redpole

Why would nahki Wells join us? Sideways step if you ask me. Would one of our best players join Huddersfield? Nope. We aren't going to be able to tempt a regular starter from almost any team in this league to come and join us. Not this season as a newly promoted side. Maybe next year if we've had a good 1st season in the championship and once the stadium is finished.

I think we should first concentrate on being around mid table come the January window (which with a couple more signings before the end of August, I think we will) and then we'll be in a much better place for attracting the marquee 9 million pound signings if we still really want to splash out. 

For the time being, someone like Bradshaw could come in and do a good job for sure, but I'd rather see us loan a solid striker in from the Prem until Xmas to support Kodj, Agard and Wilbs, and spend 4-5 million on a centre mid & centre half. 

Matt smith?

Injured. I wouldn't mind him back for say 1.5m but he was playing for Fulham and now injured for about 6 weeks. Could secure a loan for him again maybe when he's healthy as hell need match fitness. Who knows though? Probably seen the last of him. He had a great spell and we should appreciate it but not hold on too tight to it.

When we bring in some signings and warrant the decision to release him.

Plus, when some actually want Nicky Maynard back, that's a sign of not being able to let it go. A player that ****** the club over and is long past his best after years of injury and sitting on the bench, instead of a player mistakenly let go on a free in his prime.

But there would be no point him being here as Cotts doesn't want him and wouldn't pick him unless there were injuries to the others. He wants to bring in someone who he thinks is better. So really you could say if you want JET back that much that you'd want Cotts to leave cos that's the only way JET could be here and play. For me I'd take Cotts and believe in him bringing someone in. He's just trying to get quality rather than settling for mediocrity. In my opinion there is no way JET will get 15-20 goals and that is what he's looking for. So yeah, not just you, but anyone wanting JET back, let it go.

If Kodjia is our pacey striker, with Agard decent cover/competition, im surprised we aren't looking at more of a Wilbraham long term replacement

Moves for Gayle and Gray certainly suggest we are looking for another pacy one though (even though gray could be considered more of an all rounder)

Archived