IGNORED

I'm In The Audience For The Football League Show Tonight...

LondonBristolian

If you had Sky you'd know what top sportscasting is. They make every other sport programmes on other channels look like amateurs. Channel 5 latest attempt is as crap as the BBC's was. Utter rubbish.

The football and cricket coverage is superb and if Sky had the Football League rights that'd be superb as well.

Sky's FL72 highlights from the Sky canteen wasn't top sportscasting.

If you had Sky you'd know what top sportscasting is. They make every other sport programmes on other channels look like amateurs. Channel 5 latest attempt is as crap as the BBC's was. Utter rubbish.

The football and cricket coverage is superb and if Sky had the Football League rights that'd be superb as well.

They do the cricket well, I'd agree with that.  But they have turned football into a soap opera and 95% of the pundits talk utter crap and are completely self-obsessed. Jim White = Utter moron and makes up transfer rumours to bolster viewing figures.

Anyway, my point really was that I don't understand football fans that have such a love in with Sky.  After all, they are muchly responsible for many of the negatives in modern football and it is lower league clubs that are baring the financial hit for it. 

I actually think, if they drop the daft stuff like the models and the studio audience and find another pundit, they might actually get there.  Let's not get nostalgic about the BBC's football league show.  It was utterly dreadful and, whilst I never really felt Claridge had an anti-Bristol City bias, he was an utterly dreadful pundit utterly devoid of insight into football.   What I really miss is the ITV Sunday morning effort - both in terms of the time it was on and the quality of the show, it was ahead of both the BBC and C5 efforts...

I totally agree. The ITV show was good to watch and enjoyed watching it the season City got promoted under GJ and the season we reached the Play Offs in the Championship. Since then, under the BBC and C5 the coverage has been lamentable. The BBC was too dreary, especially for that time of night, while C5 is cringeworthy. 

Archived