IGNORED

Andre Grey Debut

EmersonsRed

Looking at the Burnley forum their fans have misgivings about paying so much for Gray the same as some of ours did, eg they've already got plenty of forwards but really need a good CB and CM player, why didn't they spend this sort of money in the Prem etc.. Also he's only signed a 3-year deal so they're worried about making a big loss in 2 years time, we may have had a lucky escape and be able to spend the money on 2 or 3 good players to bolster the squad.

Also he's only signed a 3-year deal so they're worried about making a big loss in 2 years time, we may have had a lucky escape and be able to spend the money on 2 or 3 good players to bolster the squad.

This is what I think the sticking point was with us, I reckon we could agree wages etc but not the length of contract, I think he only wanted to sign a 3 year deal and we would have wanted a longer commitment for our 9m.

I could also be way off the mark but I don't believe for 1 second we would only have been offering 10-12k for wages

The atmosphere at football has become a totally sterile experience, AG has always been at it's best when it's a hostile place for visitors, ala Swindon last season and Wham a few seasons ago.

**** him and the posse he sat in the stands with at Burnley on Saturday, give him shit every time he gets the ball, it used to be the law and still should be.

Why TF would anybody want to treat him as if he was like say Albert?.

Looking at the Burnley forum their fans have misgivings about paying so much for Gray the same as some of ours did, eg they've already got plenty of forwards but really need a good CB and CM player, why didn't they spend this sort of money in the Prem etc.. Also he's only signed a 3-year deal so they're worried about making a big loss in 2 years time, we may have had a lucky escape and be able to spend the money on 2 or 3 good players to bolster the squad.

You make an excellent point, I don't think wages to be the major stumbling block, I suspect we not only expected him to sign a longer contract but also didn't offer him the sort of escape clauses he wanted, remember Burnley somehow managed to **** up the contract for Ings and virtually gift him to Liverpool.

The atmosphere at football has become a totally sterile experience, AG has always been at it's best when it's a hostile place for visitors, ala Swindon last season and Wham a few seasons ago.

**** him and the posse he sat in the stands with at Burnley on Saturday, give him shit every time he gets the ball, it used to be the law and still should be.

Why TF would anybody want to treat him as if he was like say Albert?.

Exactly, anything to create a bit of noise around the ground. Our players obviously play better with vociferous backing, did you see Ayling vs Leeds beckoning to the stands for some noise?

It didn't exactly spur Maynard on to play well a few years ago.

If I don't finish all of my prawn sandwich......mark my words I will throw the remains as hard as I can in his direction......I might even dip it in my vanilla mocha Choca latte to add a bit of extra weight....he will forever remember this day and the day he turned down the mighty city.

Good golly I'm so angry im starting to scare myself

Our problem is that we don't know if giving him some grief will put him off his game or motivate him.

I expect he'll be given grief, so we will find out which way it effects him!

I suspect 140 odd years of football would show that giving players a rough ride on balance is more likely to put them off.

I am very much in the EMB camp that football has become a bit to middle class and sterile.

Give him and his blo0dy team hell and get behind our own. Or perhaps have a prawn sandwich and clap politely. The only sensible comment made by Roy Keen in his life!

Both cotterill and Ayling tried to get the noise up on Wednesday so it's clear they view it as important, what better place to start than doing what City fans do best, abusing someone for no reason... Can't wait.

Andre Gray, what a ******, what a ******.

Let's be having some noise!!

Archived