IGNORED

I Was Actually Impressed

cheshire_red

Bristol played well,and credit were it's due,we could /should have scored a couple in the 2nd half but for their keepers heroics and some poor finishing, i think AK definately underestimated them,if Bristol play like that all season they'll catch a few of the "so called" big boys out and could be a surprise package this season (Ala Bournemouth last year)

In fairness whilst leaving the ground I did hear a mix of "we should be beating them" along with "they set up really well and played some nice football at times".

Radio phone in was great though. One loss to little old Bristol city and many were questioning their teams promotion credentials.

I usually say that make sure you get your points at home and pick up the odd win away and you'll be fine.

I do wonder this season whether we will have some frustrations at home, where teams stifle us, and we might get a few more of the Middlesbrough type results, where the emphasis is on the home team to make the running. With JK we really do have an out ball away from home.

Glad to hear people say that JK was lively again yesterday. He seems to be settling in nicely.

This is so similar to reaction when we were last promoted to the championship.

Even we were at the top of the table, fans of so called big clubs we still saying they should be beating times like us.

I suspect that after the first couple of games many of us were perhaps starting to doubt whether the champions were as good as we thought and certainly whether they would be good enough  to compete in the championship.

I know it's only one result, but if the team gains confidence and can continue to produce results and performances like that, then perhaps we might have to consider that they are as good as we thought, and with the right additions, could even be much better than we ever suspected.

For what it's worth I think we will be fine, especially if Sc can make another 2/3/ decent additions to the team/squad, and still have a sneaky feeling that they could go an surprise us, let alone other teams this season.

I usually say that make sure you get your points at home and pick up the odd win away and you'll be fine.

I do wonder this season whether we will have some frustrations at home, where teams stifle us, and we might get a few more of the Middlesbrough type results, where the emphasis is on the home team to make the running. With JK we really do have an out ball away from home.

Glad to hear people say that JK was lively again yesterday. He seems to be settling in nicely.

Personally, I think we'll do fine against teams who come to Ashton Gate to defend. It's the teams who come to attack us I'm far more worried about, given the formation we are currently playing.

Personally, I think we'll do fine against teams who come to Ashton Gate to defend. It's the teams who come to attack us I'm far more worried about, given the formation we are currently playing.

Well so far we've been caught out attacking at home. Think of the 6 we've conceded at home at least 3 have been on the counter. It's when we have the possession and our CBs(Ayling & Williams) push up a bit after each pass. That's when we get caught out and once that tightens up we will beat these teams at home. Like yesterday, we are a well organized group that defends well when we have the time to set up(65% possession got Boro). Sure Hamer bailed us out some but we do set up well.

As far as JK, he looks a nightmare for defenders. He's probably close to the top in terms of shots of any striker in the league. So while his finishing needs to sharpen(which I'm sure it will) he is getting into those positions. Look at the Bobby Reid miss. JK left the defender for dead with his quickness and got it to AW for a shot. He's a steal from what I've seen and should get at least 10 but I think he will be in that 15-20 range.

Bristol played well,and credit were it's due,we could /should have scored a couple in the 2nd half but for their keepers heroics and some poor finishing, i think AK definately underestimated them,if Bristol play like that all season they'll catch a few of the "so called" big boys out and could be a surprise package this season (Ala Bournemouth last year)

WE ARE NOT BRISTOL  :grr:

We are Bristol City 

You don't call Sheffield Utd , SHEFFIELD do you.

Rant over  :blink:

WE ARE NOT BRISTOL :grr:

We are Bristol City

Rant over :blink:

In Sheffield there are two competitive football teams so you need to differentiate between them by referring to United or Wednesday.

In Bristol, there's only one team. Who else is there to confuse us with?

In Sheffield there are two competitive football teams so you need to differentiate between them by referring to United or Wednesday.

Good point but still don't like it  :thumbsup:

It makes me laugh the comment that shouldnt be losing to bottom of the table bloody hell only 3 games have been played, totally ignorant fans

Reminds me when we last got promoted, in our first season all we got was "we should be beating teams/small clubs like bristol city".  I hope we get underestimated all over again.

It grates on me people only calling us Bristol even though I know that there's only one team in Bristol just does my head in but really shouldn't, even if Rovers ceased to exist (which is looking more and more likely every season) it would still annoy me grr.

• Admin

WE ARE NOT BRISTOL   :grr:

We are Bristol City 

Rant over   :blink:

It grates on me people only calling us Bristol even though I know that there's only one team in Bristol just does my head in but really shouldn't, even if Rovers ceased to exist (which is looking more and more likely every season) it would still annoy me grr.

You do realise cheshire_red was lifting a quote from a Boro forum in his OP?

When talking about other teams, do you talk about Blackburn or Blackburn Rovers? Norwich or Norwich City? Colchester or Colchester United?

It really doesn't matter if people who don't support us refer to just Bristol, it's the way it is and only serves to show that we have no relevant rivals with the Bristol name that we might be confused with.

Having a look (out of boredom) on the Boro forum. After trawling through plenty of self-righteous shit, this was a good comment:

"Bristol did a very professional job on us. Scored early and defended their lead heroically whilst still looking like they could add to it. They're a better side than many other champo teams despite just having been promoted. The goal they scored was beautiful (think our first against Millwall at home last season, very similar but not quite as flashy). In the second half they were excellent, sitting very deep, pressurising whoever was on the ball into going backwards, clearing the ball way down into our half and forcing us to start again and looking decent on the counter. They'll be more than alright this season."

Archived