IGNORED

Q And A This Week

Dollymarie

A 'limited' medium. @bcfctweets as 55,800 followers on Twitter. Pretty limited compared to otib, that.

As pointed out there are limitations on text. Does the Supporter Liaison really have 55,800 followers? Not all fans use twitter.

Just want to back up what Phantom says in post #58. I think all the mods and admin were very surprised and a bit annoyed that the appointed Fans Liaison Officer stepped away when he did. We had worked hard to be the 'middlemen' in the section, trying to make sure questions were being asked for the good of the many and cutting out anything abusive or repetitive.

I personally never came across anything abusive. There were a few repeat questions which I decided to resubmit if I felt the questioner didn't have their querie or comment dealt with fully, or if I felt the situation had changed since the original question.

I personally felt it was a very useful part of the forum. I have stated many times that it enabled David Lloyd ( or any other employee) to answer a question which would be seen by many, it would cut out him having to cut and paste answers to dozens of similar emails. Surely that is more productive use of his time?

Also I agree Twitter is a great Social media tool for the here and now, but pretty unfriendly when trying to scroll back several weeks or months to find answers or information. The Q&A section would be perfect for referring back to in my opinion.

Just want to back up what Phantom says in post #58. I think all the mods and admin were very surprised and a bit annoyed that the appointed Fans Liaison Officer stepped away when he did. We had worked hard to be the 'middlemen' in the section, trying to make sure questions were being asked for the good of the many and cutting out anything abusive or repetitive.

I personally never came across anything abusive. There were a few repeat questions which I decided to resubmit if I felt the questioner didn't have their querie or comment dealt with fully, or if I felt the situation had changed since the original question.

I personally felt it was a very useful part of the forum. I have stated many times that it enabled David Lloyd ( or any other employee) to answer a question which would be seen by many, it would cut out him having to cut and paste answers to dozens of similar emails. Surely that is more productive use of his time?

Also I agree Twitter is a great Social media tool for the here and now, but pretty unfriendly when trying to scroll back several weeks or months to find answers or information. The Q&A section would be perfect for referring back to in my opinion.

All very fair comment.

My own guess is that at the time there were some very hot threads, about things like a banned flag, the W Ham bubble machine and some others, cannot remember them all but they all hit at roughly the same time. BS were not covering themselves in glory at that time.

Handled badly by the club, and whilst the Q&As were fine in themselves there was I thought a quite provocative answer to the flag one, and it was the thread where quite a lot were really going to town on DL. In some instances it seemed to me he was clearly carrying the can for a club line, rather than a personal view. 

He left pretty much in the middle of this, and I am minded to think it was more this than the Q&A section in itself.

Not saying if was right or wrong, just what I thought at the time. Hopefully in time it can be reinstated.

I've just seen this from David Lloyd on twitter, thought it should be shared on here

#FansQ&A coming up on the website later this week. I'll be putting your questions directly to @BristolSportAB in front of the cameras

If there's a question you'd like me to ask Andrew on your behalf email it to me at david.lloyd@bristol-sport.co.uk before 12 noon tomorrow

Full interview will air later this week #FansQ&A

I travelled down to Ashton Gate to purchase a ticket for Brum away in vain was told I could have a rugby ticket but not a football one you had to book it online or phone what a joke

I travelled down to Ashton Gate to purchase a ticket for Brum away in vain was told I could have a rugby ticket but not a football one you had to book it online or phone what a joke

You could have stood outside the ticket office and used your mobile to telephone the person who told this. He / she would have then been able to sell you a ticket! When you think about it, this is quite a good system. 

Archived