IGNORED

Q And A This Week

Dollymarie

Well, me! I barely ever use the official site aside from player - and even then I usually use the app!

FL clubs have to use some format template that makes them poor function sites.

It's an interesting question though, I bet hits on the official site have declined in last 3 years as Twitter has grown.

Yes, you're right. But the point is you use twitter instead so you were notified. The point i think Robin1988 is making is that if you are an active user of an internet forum you are also going to visit other sites.

I'd wager almost 100% of posters on here either use @bcfctweets for their city news or visit the official website. The Q&A thing was posted on both of these so by my logic every OTIB poster would also know which makes posting it on here unnecessary.

I won't. It's shocking. I get everything I need from here and Twitter.

Now tickets are sold through the Bristol Sport site, I can't see when I'll ever need to read the official site again.

Never fear, it's on Twitter as well. Can't imagine flat-out abstaining from the OS is not going to end up in missing something though.

Well, me! I barely ever use the official site aside from player - and even then I usually use the app!

FL clubs have to use some format template that makes them poor function sites.

It's an interesting question though, I bet hits on the official site have declined in last 3 years as Twitter has grown.

I reckon they've grown, but at a lower rate than had Twitter not existed.

I won't. It's shocking. I get everything I need from here and Twitter.

Now tickets are sold through the Bristol Sport site, I can't see when I'll ever need to read the official site again.

I do the same as you. Only thing is if i want to read a match report from a game, the twitter link will take me to the official site. That's the only times i'd visit it but it would always be from a link on twitter, here or facebook.

I see where you're coming from. I used to use bcfc.co.uk a lot but since the increased prominence of twitter i rarely visit it as well the and rely on bcfctweets and the youtube channel. I agree that's the way clubs will go too but think they'll still have a website to 'host' content and will use twitter to direct people to relevant content on there (much like now). For people who are active users of the internet there is plenty of communication through the mediums we've discussed without a need for it to be included on OTIB. It would have been great if this thread had been a place where people could have shared their questions with each other (something the club probably would have read even if not officially) but within 3 or 4 posts it hard turned into a moan. Pathetic and miserable imo.

I think there is a difference between valid points and moaning. People feel there should be a club presence on here, I think that's a fair point. I don't think it's got nasty or personal.

What's wrong with following David Lloyd? If someone's a city fan on twitter it would be silly not to follow him. You don't have to like the bloke. But as others have mentioned there are lots of club employees who tweet the same links and news stories, espcially the main bcfctweets feed.

I do follow him, as I'm sure lots of others do. I have no opinion on him as a person as I don't know him. Yes that's true, but you actively have to search for content instead of having it on a place that's much easier to find and accumulate questions on.

I disagree that OTIB should be used. I don't think it reaches any more fans than can already access it and for me it would just further feed the self-importance mindset of some on here. I don't know of direct abuse to David Lloyd but he did withdraw from Otib for that reason. Whether that was the stuff being said about him on other threads or private messages i don't know but i have no reason to believe he was being untruthful with his reasons.

It's not about self importance, it's about functionality. I trust the moderators to keep up the work they did on the QnA and make sure it was acceptable. People did criticise him a bit for the way the flag and bubble machine issues were handled, but it was more Bristol Sport - that's a whole different story.

As for the moderated Q&A thread, I don't mean this as a dig to the mods because i think they do a great job on here but i didn't think it was moderated particularly well. I know they tried there best to link answers but there was lots of duplication of questions. I also personally didn't like the tone/attitude of some of the posts that were approved by mods. None of them were abusive (obviously) but there were lots with an arsey manner.

There was repetition of some questions, but I believe that was down to how they were answered. I remember feeling some were answered in a "political" way, skirting the issue. Especially those about singing sections, flags and bubble machines. The mods did prevent duplicate questions coming through, I personally had one rejected! As for asking questions in an "arsey" manner, same could be said for how they were answered!!

Some people will certainly disagree with this but FLO or not, I know this is a football forum and i know it's informal and people say things how they would in a pub to their mates but i don't think you should expect to be able to talk to a club employee in this same way. You wouldn't speak to your boss or the bank manager about an issue in the same way that you told your mates about it over a drink. My issue is that when people rant or rave on the main forum (which is fine; it's a forum) this general attitude was transferred into the Q&A too.

I don't think we're going to agree on this, addressed your points above which are all good points, I just feel the opposite!

I don't think we're going to agree on this, addressed your points above which are all good points, I just feel the opposite!

Thanks for your response. I agree that we see this differently.

It would be nice to still have the Q&A thread or even the ask Steve L for that matter but for whatever reason neither have seemed to work out. I don't think this is solely the clubs fault though. Maybe it could be given another go in the future...?

Thanks for your response. I agree that we see this differently.

It would be nice to still have the Q&A thread or even the ask Steve L for that matter but for whatever reason neither have seemed to work out. I don't think this is solely the clubs fault though. Maybe it could be given another go in the future...?

That would be good, I think some of the stadium team could be useful to have on here.

Hopefully there'll be a resolution that works for all parties.

Q. Should the fans liaison officer liaise with the fans through all popular mediums?

send the question in.... Oh wait you no the answer already. Why would he bother to communicate on this forum after last time. People forget hes a paid employee , send him an email generally replies within 3 days

It should be part of his contract to post on this forum tbh. If I refused to carry out certain duties in my job then I'd be sacked. I work at the hospital and I can assure you I receive far more abuse than Dave did. It's just part of the job though.

are you for real?? Doesn't matter what job you do , you don't have to take abuse from anyone!! Especially thoose who hide behind keyboards

Even though it was moderated there was still some absolute turd posted on there.

Did you report posts? 

The mods obviously had a different perception to your own to allow these questions.

Another view could that be that the Q&A demonstrated what a broad church fandom is. Football clubs are different things to different people. A limited medium such as twitter will not reflect that.

are you for real?? Doesn't matter what job you do , you don't have to take abuse from anyone!! Especially thoose who hide behind keyboards

No I'm a made up character from outter space.

Abuse isn't nice especially when trying to help someone but when taking on the job you know it is part of the job. When I first started working in hospitals and prisons etc Idid take the abuse personally but after a while it just becomes part of the normal woworking day and you develop a thick skin.

Abuse isn't nice especially when trying to help someone but when taking on the job you know it is part of the job. When I first started working in hospitals and prisons etc Idid take the abuse personally but after a while it just becomes part of the normal woworking day and you develop a thick skin.

It's called life experience.

"Sticks and stones" and all that.......

It's called life experience.

"Sticks and stones" and all that.......

Aren't you a big brave boy.

Obviously gaining life experience includes learning how to deal with disappointment and people who disagree with you or give you abuse etc etc. I agree with that. But to suggest that DL and Bristol Sport should accept abuse of individuals because it's 'life experience' is laughable. That doesn't make it OK.

Another view could that be that the Q&A demonstrated what a broad church fandom is. Football clubs are different things to different people. A limited medium such as twitter will not reflect that.

A 'limited' medium. @bcfctweets as 55,800 followers on Twitter. Pretty limited compared to otib, that.

Aren't you a big brave boy.

Obviously gaining life experience includes learning how to deal with disappointment and people who disagree with you or give you abuse etc etc. I agree with that. But to suggest that DL and Bristol Sport should accept abuse of individuals because it's 'life experience' is laughable. That doesn't make it OK.

You are missing my point completely.

• Admin

A 'limited' medium. @bcfctweets as 55,800 followers on Twitter. Pretty limited compared to otib, that.

I think he meant limited as in 140 characters to describe your issue, 15 of which will be wasted typing @BristolSportDL.

I don't do t-watter or farcebook so I'll only know what's said on these forums unless it's reported here.

Here's a suggestion, people post questions and the one's that get the most approval, a rep from this site posts them over to DL. Obviously, if an individual feels strongly about a question, they should ask it.

I'm not a flag person but I accept that some do get pretty excited about them.

Can the club make it easier for flags to be hung around the stadium because there is nothing worse than a badly hung flag?

I'm not into flag waving but it's good to see the colours displayed (hung) in prominent places.

• Admin

I don't know of direct abuse to David Lloyd but he did withdraw from Otib for that reason. Whether that was the stuff being said about him on other threads or private messages i don't know but i have no reason to believe he was being untruthful with his reasons.

As for the moderated Q&A thread, I don't mean this as a dig to the mods because i think they do a great job on here but i didn't think it was moderated particularly well. I know they tried there best to link answers but there was lots of duplication of questions. I also personally didn't like the tone/attitude of some of the posts that were approved by mods. None of them were abusive (obviously) but there were lots with an arsey manner.

Ok, let;s deal with some facts here!

DL NEVER received any abuse in any of the questions that were posted, the only questions that didn't get approved to appear on the forum were duplicate question on a topic already answered.

I know that the PM's sent through were checked and there was NO abuse sent through to him!

WE as a forum and the Supporters Trust have raised the issue with Bristol Sport as to was the contact was removed and apart from the reason that you refer to above (which was given to us at the time), nobody has had an answer that actually makes any sense...

There was feedback that the decision would be reviewed at the end of the season, and to date there has been no further comms on this subject

I also have to disagree with the second point, if there was a duplicate question asked, the mods would reply to it, so DL didn't need to

Also the arsey reference is ironic as there were just as many questions as answers that could have been perceived as being arsey!

Many people seem to forget that this forum was set up by the club, but the funding of it was taken on more recently by the Supporters Trust - that is why many feel this is the place where the club should still keep a chain of communication rather than stepping back from an already established forum

I don't do t-watter or farcebook so I'll only know what's said on these forums unless it's reported here.

Here's a suggestion, people post questions and the one's that get the most approval, a rep from this site posts them over to DL. Obviously, if an individual feels strongly about a question, they should ask it.

I'm not a flag person but I accept that some do get pretty excited about them.

Can the club make it easier for flags to be hung around the stadium because there is nothing worse than a badly hung flag?

I'm not into flag waving but it's good to see the colours displayed (hung) in prominent places.

I've yet to see one that's well hung.......but life is full of supprises  :blink:

Many people seem to forget that this forum was set up by the club, but the funding of it was taken on more recently by the Supporters Trust - that is why many feel this is the place where the club should still keep a chain of communication rather than stepping back from an already established forum

Is that really relevant? It was what, 10 years ago now? Hardly recently. The fact is, it isn't their forum and hasn't been for a long time.

Archived