IGNORED

Bobby Reid Against Boro.

YorkshireSection

Thought he was much more effective than Robinson v Leeds too. Linked the midfield and forwards well.

1) Slid the ball through beautifully for Agard for our first v Leeds

2) Took the corner that led to Flint scoring our second v Leeds

3) Drove to the byline and pulled the ball back for Wilbs who set up Bryan at 'Boro

Not a bad weeks work, Bobby.

His game is more suited to the C'ship than L1 I reckon...

It seems a lot of people assumption was that he wasn't good enough because he was loaned out to League 2 last season. My assumption was that we didn't waant assist any of our rivals by lending him to a team in the same league, also geography had something to do with it as he seemed to be still around training sessions etc.. 

Thought he was much more effective than Robinson v Leeds too. Linked the midfield and forwards well.

3) Drove to the byline and pulled the ball back for Wilbs who set up Bryan at 'Boro

Agree with all of this especially that he is more suited to Championship. Would love to see him Freeman and Smith in midfield. Personally I wonder if this is the right League for Marlon?

He has taken his chance this week deserves a place in the starting 11

Quite simply I thought he mas fantastic, as was Smith, but Bobby and arguably Hamer were motm.

On the down side Alby looked well of the pace.

Boro were slick, moved the ball with accuracy a and pace, definitely a top 3 team

Well done lads.

agree with all that bar wilbs

he partly set up joes goal and used the ball cleverly as per norm

I was there

Quite simply I thought he mas fantastic, as was Smith, but Bobby and arguably Hamer were motm.

On the down side Alby looked well of the pace.

Boro were slick, moved the ball with accuracy a and pace, definitely a top 3 team

Well done lads.

Agree with assessment of Bobby but cant agree with Wilbs. He was the fittest player on the pitch at the end and never stopped running. He was chasing back and bolstering the midfield for the last 20 mins. He is the proverbial model professional.

It seems a lot of people assumption was that he wasn't good enough because he was loaned out to League 2 last season. My assumption was that we didn't waant assist any of our rivals by lending him to a team in the same league, also geography had something to do with it as he seemed to be still around training sessions etc.. 

He was hardly a regular starter under SC before that. I had severe doubts, I still do, but fair play to Bobby, he's doing well. This 'more suited to the Championship' stuff is nonsense though.

Bobby deserves to keep his place but when Freeman is back i'm not sure where we can fit him in.

Korey Smith is a main stay in our side and i imagine he would be one of the first names down on our team sheet. Ideally dropping Pack for Bobby would seem logic but i worry who in our midfield will do the dirty things like putting in a tackle, winning headers and in general just having a bit of strength and presence in the midfield.

For me Marlon gets too much stick from keyboard warriors on here and twitter etc. he really does win a hell of a lot of 50/50's every game which most go unnoticed by the average fan....sure he makes mistakes like the half a dozen cross field passes he tried against Leeds but i feel he is a very important part of our team that can even deliver a good free kick!

I would love to fit Bobby in and i think he will be good enough given a good run of games, but i just can't see who he will drop unless he changes formation or drops Freeman which i can't see either happening?

With an assessment like that , I've no doubt that the premiership clubs will come sniffing soon.

Deserves to keep his place and Freeman shouldn't walk straight back in imo

It would have to be a MOTM performance from Bobby of gargantuan proportions against Burnley to prevent Freeman reclaiming his place.

He may have played well on Saturday but he's reached the age where he needs to persuade Cotts. he can be consistently effective and play to a high standard every week.

He'll need to get his shooting boots on too, because it remains as erratic as ever.

Really encouraging performance from Bobby on Saturday though.

Bobby deserves to keep his place but when Freeman is back i'm not sure where we can fit him in.

Korey Smith is a main stay in our side and i imagine he would be one of the first names down on our team sheet. Ideally dropping Pack for Bobby would seem logic but i worry who in our midfield will do the dirty things like putting in a tackle, winning headers and in general just having a bit of strength and presence in the midfield.

For me Marlon gets too much stick from keyboard warriors on here and twitter etc. he really does win a hell of a lot of 50/50's every game which most go unnoticed by the average fan....sure he makes mistakes like the half a dozen cross field passes he tried against Leeds but i feel he is a very important part of our team that can even deliver a good free kick!

I would love to fit Bobby in and i think he will be good enough given a good run of games, but i just can't see who he will drop unless he changes formation or drops Freeman which i can't see either happening?

I think Pack is very good in the air, a good physical presence and at times a good passer. He is also very good at crossing from set pieces. But those qualities are not enough for him to be in our midfield I reckon. I do hope I am wrong as no one works harder than Pack, which is all you can ask, but I really think he is a weak link. The only player though I would have alongside Smith instead of Pack is Ayling. I would not play Reid and Freeman, we'd be way too weak without the ball I reckon. I think one thing Pack is very handy for is winning the ball in the air. And with Reid in that position, although he has a decent leap on him, I cannot imagine him winning a lot of downfield long balls from the opposition, or 2nd balls.

It would have to be a MOTM performance from Bobby of gargantuan proportions against Burnley to prevent Freeman reclaiming his place.

He may have played well on Saturday but he's reached the age where he needs to persuade Cotts. he can be consistently effective and play to a high standard every week.

He'll need to get his shooting boots on too, because it remains as erratic as ever.

Really encouraging performance from Bobby on Saturday though.

hopefully Sc will show faith in bobby when Luke freeman available again. Having said that it must be on merrit and agreed he needs extra shooting pratice. Very encouraging though

I think Pack is very good in the air, a good physical presence and at times a good passer. He is also very good at crossing from set pieces. But those qualities are not enough for him to be in our midfield I reckon. I do hope I am wrong as no one works harder than Pack, which is all you can ask, but I really think he is a weak link. The only player though I would have alongside Smith instead of Pack is Ayling. I would not play Reid and Freeman, we'd be way too weak without the ball I reckon. I think one thing Pack is very handy for is winning the ball in the air. And with Reid in that position, although he has a decent leap on him, I cannot imagine him winning a lot of downfield long balls from the opposition, or 2nd balls.

Pack has two problems a lack of natural pace and a lack of consistency. I think he can cure one of those and maybe there is a way of hiding the other (by playing quick players around him).  I can't see Booby being first choice over a fit iinform Freeman as it stands, but he should still be able to "spell" him for the last 15 or be a tactical change.

No way Bobby replaces Pack. Love Bobby and he's good back up for Freeman but he can't play deeper. Not strong enough or defensive enough. Pack needs replaced but that should be someone we buy.

Also Bobby needs to play this way every time he's on the pitch whether it is for 90 minutes or 15. That's how he can keep his place in the side

Our fans seem to get on Marlons back when he tries a cross field pass and it fails which of course isn't ideal but it really doesn't put us in much danger apart from losing possession. People should be praising his vision and confidence not boo him! With a bit more pace he would have enough tools to play in the Premiership in my opinion....(*puts tin hat on)

I agree playing Bobby next to Korey would leave us weak in the middle, shame really.

Our fans seem to get on Marlons back when he tries a cross field pass and it fails which of course isn't ideal but it really doesn't put us in much danger apart from losing possession. People should be praising his vision and confidence not boo him! With a bit more pace he would have enough tools to play in the Premiership in my opinion....(*puts tin hat on)

I agree playing Bobby next to Korey would leave us weak in the middle, shame really.

Well his passing has left a bit to be desired so far this season so I understand why people get mad. It's easy to see what he gets wrong with his pace and passing at times. He does provide us a good aerial threat in the middle allowing Flint to stay back. He's not perfect but we don't have any other options at the moment because Bobby is an attacker.

Not sure why anyone would boo any of our players. I think a midfielder keeping possession is the most important thing they are supposed to do, to brush it off as not that bad a thing when he misplaces passes, well, makes no sense!

Joe had a season at Plymouth came back a better player

Bobby had a season at Plymouth came back a better player

Perhaps all out up and coming should go there

Actually Joe was only there for 10 games and as for Reid looking better there than Callum Robinson that's because the latter is really a striker...

Still, really good to see Bobby doing well, let's hope he is a regular presence in our squad this season.

Archived