IGNORED

Rugby World Cup Final

Dave

I do find that a bit distasteful if honest. Would've been nice as a mark of respect to the sport. But then on the flip side Rugby doesn't ordinarily shut down its own calendar for internationals.

Can see both sides but I think it would've been with a touch more class shifting a day.

Well I care. Would be very annoyed if our game wasn't moved.

I would be concerned if City started shifting games around and inconveniencing fans for a minority sport that might be on TV at the same time.

They didn't move the game when there was an Ashes test being played, why would they move it for this?

If England got to the final (and it's a big if), I'd have to say, I'd probably skip the City match.

A match against Fulham versus a world cup final (even if it is rugby) with England in, it would be one of those occasions that just doesn't happen very often. Watching a recording just wouldn't do it for me.

I would be concerned if City started shifting games around and inconveniencing fans for a minority sport that might be on TV at the same time.

They didn't move the game when there was an Ashes test being played, why would they move it for this?

Minority sport? Right...

The Ashes is hardly a comparison is it. An event that happens for up to 25 days every two years, compared to an event that happens once every four years.

As somebody said above, if (and it's very unlikely) England were in the final, I think I'd skip the City game.

This is not a wait and see moment (because you can bet your bottom dollar that other clubs are thinking about this right now).

Make a call now because waiting is not an option.

Or start watering the pitch on finding out that England have reached the final.

Unless they decide to play it at AG I don't understand the issue, the rugger buggers can sing women's institute songs about our green and pleasant land elsewhere. At my last rugby game watching England none of them seemed to watch the match anyway, spent most of the time walking back and forth to the bar.

Record the final. Hope Tim S doesn't update us at any point

I dont announce the Rugby scores. International or domestic. That wont change.

There is no particular reason for it, its just something we have never done. Im sure with technology today, if people really want to know the score they will find out one way or another.

Just like we dont announce non-league scores. Which is why Rovers never got a mention last season!

Archived