IGNORED

Berahino Has Unfollowed His Own Club West Brom On Twitter

BCFC You Reds!

Wow. It's all too much. Is this now news? Who does it affect? It's not like he's managed by the official West Brom twitter feed. Based on the output of most football club tweets, this is just the modern day equivalent of "Player No Longer Reads Matchday Programme".

But football is so broken now, THIS is what's worth talking about. There's probably a team in the lower leagues that has gone unpaid, or a player battling life changing illness or a club in danger of going bust, and football's big news is what a Prem player reads on Twitter.

Shame on Sky Sports News, and shame on Berahino for being such a passive aggressive attention seeking whore, doing this knowing full well what the utterly pointless reaction would be. Players need to start honouring contracts* and stop playing all these stupid games.

We've been here with West Brom before. Peter Odemwingie is still driving around the UK in his Landrover since their last deadline day embarrassment of driving to QPR uninvited and being told to do one. Perhaps Berahino should follow him and see if he can get a lift.

(*yes, I said it, honouring contracts. It's all well and good people saying "if you had a better paid job offer you'd go" but it conveniently forgets that these players are not full time employees working indefinitely, they take huge signing on fees to sign for specific periods.

If you're a full time employee, your only security is your notice period - 1-3 months? These players are on deals guaranteeing money for a fixed period and I'm fed up hearing about them wanting it paid up when it goes wrong but treat it as meaningless if it works for them.)

To be fair if you're a WBA fan then this is pretty big news. For him to unfollow the club is pretty disrespectful, can see why sky sports has picked it up. It's not amazing news but needs to be reported. Seems we've got another young English talent who thinks he's better than he actually is. **** knows why he wants to go to a bigger club when he'll never get played. He'll be back at a team like west brom on loan within a few years.  

To be fair if you're a WBA fan then this is pretty big news. For him to unfollow the club is pretty disrespectful, can see why sky sports has picked it up. It's not amazing news but needs to be reported. Seems we've got another young English talent who thinks he's better than he actually is. **** knows why he wants to go to a bigger club when he'll never get played. He'll be back at a team like west brom on loan within a few years.  

Tony Pulis has already told the lad that if he stays at West Brom and does his stuff then the real big money move he obviously wants will come and it will come at a time when the buying club will want to play him every week. Like Pulis or loathe him why are idiots like Berahino, his Agent and his parents unable to listen to an experienced football professional giving good advice? Instead they want everything now, now, now for me, me, me and the kid is just coming across as a total ar$ehole who nobody seems to want to touch with a bargepole at the moment.

The way Twitter has become part of life for a certain group of people is understandable, I am sure it gives some people a feeling of ITK in many walks of life. What I have never understood is why other media organisations can refer to it so regularly and even make it the main point of contact with them, this seems to exclude people like myself who have no interest in the phenomenom. It also appears to be free advertising for what is presumably just another company trying to make money, especially galling when it is the BBC, who have to be so careful and balanced in other areas. I never hear anyone say "follow us on Twitter, but other social media outlets are available", why the exclusivity?

Sorry, I realise this has little to do with Berahino and his tiny piece of rebellion, just something I needed to get off my chest.

Archived