IGNORED

Kevin Nolan (Merged)

JBFC II

He was a right tw*t when we played West Ham back in January, constantly in the ref's face, complaining about every single decision. Couldn't watch that week in week out - didn't come across as passion, more of petulance - not sure if that's the sort of player that we are looking for. May be a decent player at this level, personality (to me anyway) is important too however.....

As mentioned in another thread my main issue is with his agent. 

See halfway down this article on Morrison.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/15/ravel-morrison-west-ham-united-waste

Hmmm, heard rumours about Allardyce and why certain players seem to follow him from club to club, that seems to give a very cogent reason why. Morrison seems to have done the right thing in sticking to his guns and getting out of the country, they seem to be very happy with him at Lazio.

He was a right tw*t when we played West Ham back in January, constantly in the ref's face, complaining about every single decision. Couldn't watch that week in week out - didn't come across as passion, more of petulance - not sure if that's the sort of player that we are looking for. May be a decent player at this level, personality (to me anyway) is important too however.....

If we as the home fans think he is a tw*t then he must be doing something notable. I think he would be ideal - we need someone who can read the game and brake up counter attacks, his years of experience playing at higher levels gives me confidence he will be able to read the play better than most in this division and he provides some much needed experience in the middle of the park.

If we as the home fans think he is a tw*t then he must be doing something notable. I think he would be ideal - we need someone who can read the game and brake up counter attacks, his years of experience playing at higher levels gives me confidence he will be able to read the play better than most in this division and he provides some much needed experience in the middle of the park.

His antics were bad, but what put me off more was how bad he was at football which is what matters. These attributes being listed as his are imaginary. His career has been based on being a lesser Lampard - ability to get on the end of things in the box. He's not in the same league in terms of overall midfield play. He was lost in the first half last week for West Ham. He got utterly bossed by Korey against us. No indication I can see that he's going to cope with what is a youthful championship.

Let him go back to Bolton....

You could easily say that about Wilbraham or Cotterill himself tbg

Wilbraham p's me off with his antics with refs also

Part of the game sadly , and not sure it's even a modern phenomenon

You read about virtually all the great sides and they would all try and put pressure / influence referees

If you don't do it you lose out and there are plenty of experienced pros like Nolan & Wilbs who realise this and will be seen within the game as being professional

Archived