IGNORED

I'm Absolutely Fed Up...

PFree

All we read in the press now is, it's only Bristol City, you can expect three easy points there etc..

I read earlier that "it's only Bristol City so get your money on Andre Grey scoring and Burnley winning with ease".

I'm sorry but no, sod off all doubters, we are here, we are here to stay and we will make it to the Premiership.

We have a great Chairman, we have significant financial clout and we'll shortly have a stadium to be proud of - but most importantly, we have a massive catchment area across the South West whereby WE will be the only Premiership team in the region. Once we get it right, it represents an incredible platform on which to build a commercial enterprise, just think of the sponsorship potential, population numbers available etc..

Our stadium will shortly take far more than the following great and in theory much larger clubs - West Brom, Swansea, Crystal Palace, Hull City, Reading, QPR, Fulham, and oh yes, Burnley but of course Andre signed for them as he soon expects to play for England and as it's a far better career move, it was of course nothing to do with money.

So, let's welcome Andre and all others who are soon to visit the gate in style, they all expect an easy win, so all, please do bring your best singing voices along and get behind the great club we have!

We are in a really strong position so please, BELIEVE  :city:

I don't understand who you are angry at.

People who view us from outside as a 'little club' with 'little potential' without understanding anything about us, and those who fail to recognise what 'we' achieved last seasons and as a result, see us an easy push-over in this league as we've only just arrived..

People who view us from outside as a 'little club' with 'little potential' without understanding anything about us, and those who fail to recognise what 'we' achieved last seasons and as a result, see us an easy push-over in this league as we've only just arrived..

1. We are a small club in this league

2. We have potential but have had for decades and never realised it. You can't blame people for being cynical

3. Why on earth do you care what fans of other clubs think? Why does it matter?

It is annoying, but we are viewed as a small club that many will think will struggle.

Last time we were in the Championship, we spent the last couple of years struggling at the bottom and went down like a lead balloon with no fight at all.

Those are the memories that many people will have of us, rightly or wrongly. They'll also look down our team sheet and see no "name" players. When you consider that there are players like Darren Bent and Downing in our division, you can understand why some fans think that when they see Wilbraham and Kodjia as our strikers.

We're unfashionable and somewhat unknown at the moment, with a squad that has little or no Championship experience. It's no wonder people write us off, because they don't know how good our players are as they haven't seen them week in week out like we have over the last year.

Let them underestimate us and we'll carry on surprising them.

#COYR

People/football pundits are generally condescending and patronising about any team apart from the top four. I put it down to ignorance and general stupidity. Don't let it get to you.

We won Division 3 last season and a pretty minor cup competition. We are now in a division where about 17 of the other teams have been in the Premier League so have received huge parachute payments for getting relegated from it and are all in a pretty strong position because of that.

So it's not really surprising that we are seen as small fry in this division

We won Division 3 last season and a pretty minor cup competition. We are now in a division where about 17 of the other teams have been in the Premier League so have received huge parachute payments for getting relegated from it and are all in a pretty strong position because of that.

So it's not really surprising that we are seen as small fry in this division

Last season there were twelve clubs with average attendances in the 16k and under in the championship, that's half of the division, seven of them were former premiership clubs. This season, Hull a former premier team played at Wolves (former prem) 20k attendance, they played at Charlton (former prem team), attendance 14.8k. Hull at home against Fulham, (former prem team) 16.5k. Not really big clubs with attendances far superior than ours are they?). If parachute payments only last three seasons (I believe), only nine teams can be in receipt of them and they diminish each season, with many clubs currently having hard times (Forest, Leeds) even though they were once in receipt of parachute payments. Our history isn't great admittedly but, I wouldn't mind betting we'd do an awful lot better for attendances than some of those clubs people are currently saying are bigger than ours, given just a little more success.

I guess what I'm saying is, we must be realistic but, if we talk ourselves down then it's no surprise others less knowledgeable will also dismiss us as also rans and that in itself will hinder our progress. There's nothing wrong with being positive and promoting ourselves, we must get out of this shy, retiring, Bristolian negativity and push ourselves higher up the pyramid.

Last season there were twelve clubs with average attendances in the 16k and under in the championship, that's half of the division, seven of them were former premiership clubs. This season, Hull a former premier team played at Wolves (former prem) 20k attendance, they played at Charlton (former prem team), attendance 14.8k. Hull at home against Fulham, (former prem team) 16.5k. Not really big clubs with attendances far superior than ours are they?). If parachute payments only last three seasons (I believe), only nine teams can be in receipt of them and they diminish each season, with many clubs currently having hard times (Forest, Leeds) even though they were once in receipt of parachute payments. Our history isn't great admittedly but, I wouldn't mind betting we'd do an awful lot better for attendances than some of those clubs people are currently saying are bigger than ours, given just a little more success.

I guess what I'm saying is, we must be realistic but, if we talk ourselves down then it's no surprise others less knowledgeable will also dismiss us as also rans and that in itself will hinder our progress. There's nothing wrong with being positive and promoting ourselves, we must get out of this shy, retiring, Bristolian negativity and push ourselves higher up the pyramid.

Charlton have to compete with Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham for fans. Same with Fulham

Who do we have to compete with? Swindon...Bristol Rovers...Cardiff? Hardly 'glory hunting' hot spots

A rubbish comparison

And Rich: you say we'll be getting 'great' attendances if we did a little better? You mean like finishing 4th in 2008, our best season for ages and a chance to get to Premier League we've never been in before and we still only managed a 16,000 average attendance? I love City but please stop trying to make out we're some great club and we'd have 25,000 if we got promoted from this league

Charlton have to compete with Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham for fans. Same with Fulham

Who do we have to compete with? Swindon...Bristol Rovers...Cardiff? Hardly 'glory hunting' hot spots

A rubbish comparison

Birmingham, Bolton, Blackpool and former champions Blackburn are some of those clubs with 16k and under in that season. Charlton and Fulham are in one of the worlds biggest cities, with an 11m catchment area and a fantastic transport system, so there's plenty of people to attract, even with four big clubs. It may surprise you to know that Charlton had one of the biggest grounds in the country (84k) I think, their attendances have dwindled with a downturn in success in more recent times.

You carry on having a glass half empty and rubbishing someone else's opinion, I'll have a more positive approach and ignore plicks like you.

We get too wound up by "everyone else's" perception of us. **** em.

We're a league and cup winning side, if teams think we are fodder, good luck to them!

Heard Neil Lennon on taksprt this week saying we are one of the biggest threats in the league.

Let them come. We hunger for their scalps.[/quote

Exactly..we'll always be viewed as a small club until we do something people remember. Now we all know Wigan are a small club with not many fans but they are definitely more well known than City and many people would say they are a bigger club than us! They've done something people will remember, fair play to them.

Birmingham, Bolton, Blackpool and former champions Blackburn are some of those clubs with 16k and under in that season. Charlton and Fulham are in one of the worlds biggest cities, with an 11m catchment area and a fantastic transport system, so there's plenty of people to attract, even with four big clubs. It may surprise you to know that Charlton had one of the biggest grounds in the country (84k) I think, their attendances have dwindled with a downturn in success in more recent times.

You carry on having a glass half empty and rubbishing someone else's opinion, I'll have a more positive approach and ignore plicks like you.[/quote

Again Burnley, Bolton, Blackburn all near the biggest club in the world, Liverpool, Manchester City and possibly even Everton would be attractive rather than supporting your local team.

I am not rubbishing your opinion I'm just stating there are reasons why these clubs don't have massive attendances. There are no big or Premier League clubs around City...we have the whole region to ourselves..in them parts 5-6 clubs are competing as well as the lure of these Premier League clubs

And Rich: you say we'll be getting 'great' attendances if we did a little better? You mean like finishing 4th in 2008, our best season for ages and a chance to get to Premier League we've never been in before and we still only managed a 16,000 average attendance? I love City but please stop trying to make out we're some great club and we'd have 25,000 if we got promoted from this league

You really know sweet FA about our club don't you. Our ground was limited to a capacity of 19k due to segregation. We then had to allow 2k plus for away followings which rarely happened, attendances increased as the season went on but rarely fell below 16k.

In 1976 (attendances were similar to todays) this club was promoted to the top division (todays Premiership), we managed to stay there for four seasons. our average attendances were 23.5k, 23.3k 22.3k and 19k in the relegation year. Bare in mind that we only got there and then hung on for grim life, with a struggling side. At the same time as these average attendances, Forest were winning the league, then champions of Europe and their average attendance was 26k, for what some people call a massive club.

Give us some success and we'll get good attendances.

I did not say we'll get great attendances, read properly before posting shyte.

But they have had massive attendances, those attendances related to success and were all once as big as those clubs you refer to as far as success goes. We haven't had any success, or very little as yet to be able to compare. We have had a taster and didn't do too badly, given sustained success, who knows what might happen.

You really know sweet FA about our club don't you. Our ground was limited to a capacity of 19k due to segregation. We then had to allow 2k plus for away followings which rarely happened, attendances increased as the season went on but rarely fell below 16k.

In 1976 (attendances were similar to todays) this club was promoted to the top division (todays Premiership), we managed to stay there for four seasons. our average attendances were 23.5k, 23.3k 22.3k and 19k in the relegation year. Bare in mind that we only got there and then hung on for grim life, with a struggling side. At the same time as these average attendances, Forest were winning the league, then champions of Europe and their average attendance was 26k, for what some people call a massive club.

Give us some success and we'll get good attendances.

I did not say we'll get great attendances, read properly before posting shyte.

Then how was the opening day attendance v QPR 18,000?? No point trying to convince me that QPR had 2,000 fans they have shit away support outside of London and couldn't even sell 1,000 tickets for Chelsea last year. Watford at home and Plymouth at home 19,000..Norwich at home 17,000...absolute zero chance Watford and Plymouth had more away fans than Norwich. There wasn't only 17,000 home seats or else Norwich had no away fans and Plymouth and Watford brought 2k each

Rarely below 16,000??

4th December Ipswich 14,000

15th December Cardiff 15,000

1st January Coventry 15,000

26th January Blackpool 15,000

9th Febuary Shef Weds 15,000

1st March Hull 15,000

And all of these were when we were cemented in the top 6 too...

How do you know we wouldn't have 25k in the Premiership then?

Archived