IGNORED

I'm Absolutely Fed Up...

PFree

How do you know we wouldn't have 25k in the Premiership then?

I meant if we finished 1st/2nd in this league. And yes we should get a sell out purely because the Premier League is something what everyone wants to see this day and age. That is a long way away though at the moment before we start even talking about that

1. We are a small club in this league

2. We have potential but have had for decades and never realised it. You can't blame people for being cynical

3. Why on earth do you care what fans of other clubs think? Why does it matter?

I guess for me the danger is we assume we are small and hence offer offer other clubs too much respect? The point I made in my post was around potential that once realised (including the new capacity) it makes us far more than a small club.

We do need to perform and stabilise but in the meantime why not change the external negativity into positivity and get the fans and team thriving on shoving it back up where the sun doesn't shine!

We will get there but need to close ranks and get more together, the future is bright and I've no doubt we can do this ( and before you ask, I've been a ST holder for 20 years plus so I do understand just how poor times have been).

Anyway, onwards and upwards, let's get behind the lads today and send Dyche, Barton and Grey home realising it wasn't so easy after all!

We all need to realise that our new stadium is going to help us move from being a smaller club to a decent medium sized championship club. Example being Swansea, looked how they built on the feel good factor of moving to the liberty stadium. Although I realise Tha bricks and mortar don't build a good football team, that's where SC comes in to his own. The perfect man(and personality) to help us make that change. Exciting times

I guess for me the danger is we assume we are small and hence offer offer other clubs too much respect? The point I made in my post was around potential that once realised (including the new capacity) it makes us far more than a small club.

We do need to perform and stabilise but in the meantime why not change the external negativity into positivity and get the fans and team thriving on shoving it back up where the sun doesn't shine!

We will get there but need to close ranks and get more together, the future is bright and I've no doubt we can do this ( and before you ask, I've been a ST holder for 20 years plus so I do understand just how poor times have been).

Anyway, onwards and upwards, let's get behind the lads today and send Dyche, Barton and Grey home realising it wasn't so easy after all!

I don't think SC lets the players think like that. I think that is pundit talk and you hear it repeatedly at the World Cup. I don't understand the mentality. You go out to beat your opponent, that's it.

The only thing that is starting to get on my nerves is the constant referral as playing 'Bristol' not 'Bristol City'

Never used to, but probably like most I refer to us as City and it just dosnt sound right. I blame the other Bristol team for being so crap they aren't thought of....

The only thing that is starting to get on my nerves is the constant referral as playing 'Bristol' not 'Bristol City'

Never used to, but probably like most I refer to us as City and it just dosnt sound right. I blame the other Bristol team for being so crap they aren't thought of....

Brad, nowt wrong with Bristol Manor Farm :laughcont: :laughcont:

And Rich: you say we'll be getting 'great' attendances if we did a little better? You mean like finishing 4th in 2008, our best season for ages and a chance to get to Premier League we've never been in before and we still only managed a 16,000 average attendance? I love City but please stop trying to make out we're some great club and we'd have 25,000 if we got promoted from this league

Every game was a sell out towards the end of that season and we sold the general sale of our Wembley tickets in about fifteen minutes, which is a clear demonstration that this club would achieve great attendances if it were doing well at the top end of the Championship.

If we were in the top flight we'd sell out every week, without question.

Agree with what you say, but to put a slightly more positive spin on it all those Bristolian Man U or Arsenal fans will become City fans, go down the Gate, buy the shirt, enhance commercial opportunities. I believe that a couple of seasons in the Prem would completely transform City.

I personally know a 'Liverpool' fan who bought a season card for him and his son this season based on our promotion to the Championship and the redevelopment. Whilst he may only have a soft spot for City it would be great for his young son to grow up with City as his first team.

But that's just on the back of a good season in L1.

Every game was a sell out towards the end of that season and we sold the general sale of our Wembley tickets in about fifteen minutes, which is a clear demonstration that this club would achieve great attendances if it were doing well at the top end of the Championship.

If we were in the top flight we'd sell out every week, without question.

No it doesn't prove anything. We were near the top of the Championship for majority of the season and still there was no show of the 'great' attendances apart from last 2 games where people jumped on the play offs bandwagon. Stop trying to kid yourself we would have 15,000 locked out if we got in the play offs this year...we were in the play offs all season 2008 and still people of Bristol weren't interested...

No it doesn't prove anything. We were near the top of the Championship for majority of the season and still there was no show of the 'great' attendances apart from last 2 games where people jumped on the play offs bandwagon. Stop trying to kid yourself we would have 15,000 locked out if we got in the play offs this year...we were in the play offs all season 2008 and still people of Bristol weren't interested...

Really odd, you're a very determined WUM. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

I am not a WUM. I am just amazed how deluded some of our fans are. I think we got voted most deluded fans on a football forum..even worse than big ego clubs like Leeds and Shef Weds...

I just don't buy you're not a wum!

Mind you, you'd have to be a very bored WUM to trawl a random teams message board posting about attendances on a matchday!

Archived