IGNORED

The Official Champions V Burnley Match Day Thread

It is true we can, but we won't. A draw would be a fantastic result now but got a feeling things could get worse in the 2nd half. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cotts walk tomorrow.

Blimey, that is a huge call. Sounds like we have done ok, just making basic mistakes. Let's see where we are come the end of the game before we go in to meltdown.

We are thoroughly on top here. Had the better of the game by far. Two corners, we switch off, two goals. Just no final product in the area on the attack despite a lot of good play, especially from Reid.

Did we switch off, or was it two exceptionally good corners and two good finishes? Conceding goal is not always about what the defending team did wrong.

For all those that are saying Kodjia can't finish obviously aren't here, he's looking very impressive and showing some neat first touches to spin and run at players. He's just had Heaton on top form and some good defending. Linked up well with Reid who got better as game went along.

Nice early goal and we're back in it as they don't have much at all

• Like 2

This is the most frustrating game and it's Leeds all over again.

Absolutely all over them going forwards, playing some fantastic football and making chances. Kodjia has been immense.

Two goals conceded from two corners - Burnley's only proper chances. Really need to buck up defensively. With a bit more luck Flint and Kodjia could have two each already.

COYR. Goals left in this game.

You only have to listen to how annoyed Cotts is at present by his interviews and he is clearly frustrated. He has already intimated we can't afford the players we want. Look at Cotts history at clubs, he has never been a fighter. he's very much sing when you're winning. 

In his own words "I can't sell this club anymore than I have tried to". Basically gives me the impression that he feels that the club just doesn't appeal to bigger players or we can't compete with wages.

Also he stated the other day it was down to the players we have to put us on the map, but deep down I think he feels the majority of this crop just haven't been good enough to make the step up.

I'll probably be wrong but I just don't get the impression he will stick it for a fight and his whinging is always aimed at someone or something else, he never takes personal blame. Just get the feeling if we fail to sign anyone before Tuesday and if things don't pick up, he will walk.

We are getting punished as we are not good enough to play this formation at this level constantly getting done on the counter change of formation required

We've conceded two corners today, and limited them to zero other chances; not sure the formation is the problem, more our inability to finish the masses of chances the formation give us.
  • Like 1

We are getting punished as we are not good enough to play this formation at this level constantly getting done on the counter change of formation required

Not sure corners count as counters? Need to get the basics right, whatever our formation.

Edited by cityexile

A few teams seem to be a moving to a 4-4-2 in this league with the wingers on opposite foots, IE right winger left foot..

Little off. He looks miles away from match fit.

He's not !

Tbf to the lad he had a nasty injury which many underestimate the seriousness off - affects your whole body movement / running etc

When I've seen him he's 'carrying' the injured shoulder - hasn't looked comfortable at all and physicality / power is a large part of his game