IGNORED

Cole Skuse

REDTURK

Before for you all start laying into me. I know our ex player has been the title of many topics and threads over the last few years whilst he was still with us and indeed after he left but I felt I needed to add another opinion and facts  to the Cole Skuse debate.

Apologies in advance if some of this information has already been outlined before but I have not picked it up myself on OTIB.

Just come back from 10 lazy sun drenched days in Mallorca. Whilst abroad one of my favourite past times is to spot the football shirt. Couldn't work out what a certain blue shirt was from afar so went to investigate. The shirt was adorned  by an Ipswich fan of the last 55 years.

He used to work for the club when he first left school and used to do a bit of chaffering... Bobby Robson and the directors being among his passengers over the years.

The subject got onto to Cole Skuse and I asked how he was getting on. I was amazed and very delighted to find out that he won the Ipswich Town Payer of the season award for last season (2014 /2015).

This avid Ipswich Town fan went on to wax lyrical about our ex academy product ........

" best defensive midfielder since Brian Talbot"

"would have easily got into the mid 70's early 80s era team squads which included players such as  Woods , Mills, Hunter ,Osman ,Johnson Beattie Brazil Wymark Hamilton Mariner Osbourne Wark Muhren Butcher.

"He is the short of player that  Bobby Robson would have liked low maintenance and good attitude."

"Fantastic tackler"

"Very rarely gives the ball way"

"best position is sitting in front of the back four"

"tremendous engine"

"unselfish team player"

"great bloke  and very modest"

" very popular with the fans as he always puts in a great shift"

He thinks that Cole Skuse will be a Premier league player next season

As a final point we did talk about JET and like myself felt that he could be very mercurial but his consistency let him down.......that's enough on that subject this is a Cole Skuse thread!!

Average player for us, as someone else said he just went stale as he got older. Fair play though clearly doing the right things for ipswich.. I just can barely remember the 'great tackles' or the 'never giving the ball away' times all to often when he was in a City shirt to be honest.

Skuse was by far one of the most underrated players I've seen play for City, worked his socks off every game and saved numerous goals by somehow appearing out of nowhere to make a block or fantastic tackle. Would love it if he got homesick and came back would suit our structure fantastically. Was very upset when he chose to stay in the championship 

Massively underated. Because he got himself into good defensive positions and spent most of his time in his feet not on his arse, that got taken for Beeing stale and not up to much by some.

The bloke was and will continue to be a very good defensive midfielder. Just his positioning and awareness is missed by some, who would rather have a Gow/Doherty blood and thunder type of player.

It is no surprise to me He could possibly the best local law we have produced in many a year... Unfortunately his talent was not universally appreciated

Before for you all start laying into me. I know our ex player has been the title of many topics and threads over the last few years whilst he was still with us and indeed after he left but I felt I needed to add another opinion and facts  to the Cole Skuse debate.

Apologies in advance if some of this information has already been outlined before but I have not picked it up myself on OTIB.

Just come back from 10 lazy sun drenched days in Mallorca. Whilst abroad one of my favourite past times is to spot the football shirt. Couldn't work out what a certain blue shirt was from afar so went to investigate. The shirt was adorned  by an Ipswich fan of the last 55 years.

He used to work for the club when he first left school and used to do a bit of chaffering... Bobby Robson and the directors being among his passengers over the years.

The subject got onto to Cole Skuse and I asked how he was getting on. I was amazed and very delighted to find out that he won the Ipswich Town Payer of the season award for last season (2014 /2015).

This avid Ipswich Town fan went on to wax lyrical about our ex academy product ........

" best defensive midfielder since Brian Talbot"

"would have easily got into the mid 70's early 80s era team squads which included players such as  Woods , Mills, Hunter ,Osman ,Johnson Beattie Brazil Wymark Hamilton Mariner Osbourne Wark Muhren Butcher.

"He is the short of player that  Bobby Robson would have liked low maintenance and good attitude."

"Fantastic tackler"

"Very rarely gives the ball way"

"best position is sitting in front of the back four"

"tremendous engine"

"unselfish team player"

"great bloke  and very modest"

" very popular with the fans as he always puts in a great shift"

He thinks that Cole Skuse will be a Premier league player next season

As a final point we did talk about JET and like myself felt that he could be very mercurial but his consistency let him down.......that's enough on that subject this is a Cole Skuse thread!!

Imagine him instead of Pack in the team now, I thought he was one of the best player of his kind I'd seen at Ashton Gate and was gutted when we got rid.

Imagine him instead of Pack in the team now, I thought he was one of the best player of his kind I'd seen at Ashton Gate and was gutted when we got rid.

Agree and disagree. Skuse was underappreciated for sure, we could use a player like him now and nobody should be surprised how well he's doing for Ipswich but he had lost his way at the end and he needed the move. I'm not in the least surprised he's been revitalised but he needed to get out of the rut he was in. Glad he's doing so well though!

The amount of criticism Skuse received on here was truly laughable. He was and still is a very decent defensive midfielder.

Those that slated him reflected their lack of football knowledge and it still does.

everyone knows he can do all the basic stuff to a reasonable standard, it was his complete lack of guts and fighting spirit he'll be most rembebered for with me. Anyway old news.

You obviously know nothing about what makes a decent player.

Obviously not, The club could really do with someone like you in their scouting set up, why don't you give them a ring and see if they have any jobs going?

Scuse was a coward and I won't forgive him for one of the most horrific seasons I've ever witnessed. But as I said old news.

everyone knows he can do all the basic stuff to a reasonable standard, it was his complete lack of guts and fighting spirit he'll be most rembebered for with me. Anyway old news.

You absolutely clueless twonk, how on earth you can say that ridiculous statement is beyond me. Lack of guts and fighting spirit is a complete disregard for how hard he worked and how strongly he felt for the club. Ludicrously innacurate.

I don't think we need someone like Skuse. I think Korey can do the duties solo with the right partner and with the full backs being alert.

In my opinion his partner ought to be someone full action and combative. Marv in his first season for example I think would be the ideal partner. I would also say Joey Barton would've been a great fit - but also that getting him was pie in the sky and even if we did I'm not sure we would've got him in the right mind anyway.

You absolutely clueless twonk, how on earth you can say that ridiculous statement is beyond me. Lack of guts and fighting spirit is a complete disregard for how hard he worked and how strongly he felt for the club. Ludicrously innacurate.

I'm a bit of a clueless twonk too I'm afraid.

I don't doubt the club was once in his heart certainly, whether it was at the end I don't know as I don't know the lad but his performances didn't give confidence (to me at least) that this was the case.

He was going through the motions to my eyes in third gear whilst capable of better. Didn't seem full blooded for most of the last 18m and, certainly of a fan, I would hope to see them whincing at the end of a game having given their all to the cause. Saw that from Skuse earlier in his career, but not even close towards the end.

Could be wrong re his attitude and intentions but I hope he would look back on his last couple of seasons with us with strong sense of regret about a lot of his own performances. He was able and capable of better but for some reason didn't deliver to my mind because yes, I am a fan of his abilities and appreciate the role he was tasked with.

"Twonk" what are you a thirteen year old girl?

No need to get personal, it's my opinion. Did you watch the 2012/13 season? I saw how bad he was with my own eyes. But feel free to give me some example to the contrary.

Archived