IGNORED

First Impressions Of New Ag

Aizoon

Liked the "matchday experience", but would be nice to have some seats and/or counters in the concourse. Bloody difficult to handle a pie and pint otherwise. Pleasantly surprised by the food I did have, though.

Glad to get a seat where I can step back and into the vomitorium without disturbing my neighbours, too :)

Turnstile worked first time!

Service at food:drink stalls quick and efficient.

Ashton Press quite drinkable- sausage roll hot and tasty.

Concourses impressive but can we have some searing for us old uns?

Or even some seating?

Glad you got served quickly!

Me and a mate joined two queues in the South stand to try and buy a pint each.

My queue didn't move at all so I joined my mates queue only to get right to the front and a message came over the tannoy from David Lloyd for everyone to welcome the teams back out.

We had to make a decision to still get a drink and miss the first few minutes or ho back to our seats. Decided on the latter.

To compound matters my mate had to use the toilet as well so my experience was that service was way too slow.

Think they need dedicated beer lanes as people were buying stuff that you can take back to your seats where in reality the alcohol needs to be served ASAP as theres no way it can be taken back to have during the match.

Glad you got served quickly!

Me and a mate joined two queues in the South stand to try and buy a pint each.

My queue didn't move at all so I joined my mates queue only to get right to the front and a message came over the tannoy from David Lloyd for everyone to welcome the teams back out.

We had to make a decision to still get a drink and miss the first few minutes or ho back to our seats. Decided on the latter.

To compound matters my mate had to use the toilet as well so my experience was that service was way too slow.

Think they need dedicated beer lanes as people were buying stuff that you can take back to your seats where in reality the alcohol needs to be served ASAP as theres no way it can be taken back to have during the match.

Yes, that was my thought as well. My point was that the counter staff were competent at handling money and spoke reasonable English, and the two-tier serving system worked well.

PS MInd you, not sure how you'd handle that if people want a pie and a pint...

Don't worry Aiz, they are just lulling you into a false sense of security.

When they snatch Horace from you and put him into quarantine you will know things are back to normal,

You must be in a parallel universe or something, the complete opposite for me, burnt food, long queues drinks advertised not available. Absolute complete shambles.

Your better of giving the local pubs your money and rock up at 2.55pm

Don't worry Aiz, they are just lulling you into a false sense of security.

When they snatch Horace from you and put him into quarantine you will know things are back to normal,

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no sign of the promised Hedgehog Enclosure yet. Will that be at the front of the new Williams Stand?

You must be in a parallel universe or something, the complete opposite for me, burnt food, long queues drinks advertised not available. Absolute complete shambles.

Your better of giving the local pubs your money and rock up at 2.55pm

H'mm - I turned up at 2:40 and had time for a quick pint of Ashton Press and a credible sausage roll. I did sneak out early for a pint at half time, I do confess. Coincidentally, just after the second Burnley goal. It helps that I just have to leap over the seat back to the egress.

Always thought it might be easier to load up a season ticket and go cashless. Maybe have top up terminals around the ground or an app to load up.

Probably a stretch to expect us to be able to implement that properly.

Always thought it might be easier to load up a season ticket and go cashless. Maybe have top up terminals around the ground or an app to load up.

Don't even think about it! Can you imagine the chaos?

I thought the cash-handling was pretty smooth. Doesn't help when there's a dad with four kids, all of whom want something different and keep changing their minds :grr:

If only someone could invent contactless payment on bank cards....

If only someone could invent contactless payment on bank cards....

Well I was just merely thinking it works in the canteen in work, even simply to collect printing. It's not that sophisticated tech plus increases club cash flow as its a prepayment system. Even could generate some valuable advertising data - Mr X of this address buys this brand and this product.

POTD clearly precludes it being solely this way, but some season ticket only lanes might help. Like I acknowledge though, far beyond what I expect the club to be able to implement - even if rudimentary.

Well I was just merely thinking it works in the canteen in work, even simply to collect printing. It's not that sophisticated tech plus increases club cash flow as its a prepayment system. Even could generate some valuable advertising data - Mr X of this address loves this brand and this product.

POTD clearly precludes it being solely this way, but some season ticket only lanes might help. Like I acknowledge though, far beyond what I expect the club to be able to implement - even if rudimentary.

I would like to see drinks-only lanes. As I said, I think the cash-handling I saw, in both the Dolman and South Stands, was pretty sharp.

Archived