IGNORED

First Impressions Of New Ag

Aizoon

We  could take a leaf out the cricket with pre poured pints and drink only lanes . So you would have for example 4 tills but only one cueing , when its your turn the person on the till take your order another person fetches the drinks while at the same time people are pouring the pints. It works very well at Test matches.

Today under the Dolman the service was slow , I ordered 3 pints but it took a while for these pints to poured out of a bottle into pint glasses. 

We  could take a leaf out the cricket with pre poured pints and drink only lanes . So you would have for example 4 tills but only one cueing , when its your turn the person on the till take your order another person fetches the drinks while at the same time people are pouring the pints. It works very well at Test matches.

Today under the Dolman the service was slow , I ordered 3 pints but it took a while for these pints to poured out of a bottle into pint glasses. 

Ah. The Ashton Press and a couple of the beers were pre-poured...

First game for me yesterday not in my normal seat as we were with the flag bearers from Portishead Girls. Don't normally drink at games but yesterday with all the girls parents there it had done quite impressed although the queuing does need to be sorted.

Glad you got served quickly!

Me and a mate joined two queues in the South stand to try and buy a pint each.

My queue didn't move at all so I joined my mates queue only to get right to the front and a message came over the tannoy from David Lloyd for everyone to welcome the teams back out.

We had to make a decision to still get a drink and miss the first few minutes or ho back to our seats. Decided on the latter.

To compound matters my mate had to use the toilet as well so my experience was that service was way too slow.

Think they need dedicated beer lanes as people were buying stuff that you can take back to your seats where in reality the alcohol needs to be served ASAP as theres no way it can be taken back to have during the match.

I queued ( SS) from just after half time whistle and got served about 5 mins into the second half- saw loads leaving the queues. All I wanted was a pint- the girl serving was slower than Pitman and about as motivated as Fredericks (oops).

I thought how much easier and faster it would be to have a "beer lane"particularly as unlike in the old Williams they have a steady supply of pre poured pints. One of the probs seemed to be that they had run out of certain food and customers then discussed their gastronomic requirements in detail before deciding.

As the SS was no where near 100% full- I did wonder how they'll cope when it is. I'm sure it's still all a learning curve and they'll get it right-  I think it's really impressive and has a sort of 'Wembley feel'- in a good way! Bogs are pretty good too.

As for the micro shop- not a pleasant place to be on a match day- would advise anyone to avoid using this on a match day if they can.

Overall- I love the SS and Ashton Gate will be magnificent when fully built. As will the team.

I got a drink in the SS bar before the game and my line was moving very slow. The reason for this as I found out when I came to be served was that the lad serving must be new to the UK  and was taking forever to work out the change that needed to be given.

I really like the new turnstiles in general, they are superb. I don't like the shoddy fit and finish of the precast concrete in the Dolman stand,it also gets in the way of my field of view. Should be better when the pitch moves again. it's a rush job, and nothing lines up. 2 yrs worth of snagging I'm told for the stadium in general.

I thought that the till does that for them?

No. The till works out how much change to give - they have to translate that into notes and coins.

If you remember the snack bar in the Dolman, you will recall that the staff spoke no known language and were clearly unfamiliar with decimal currency. I suspect they were from the Planet Tharg and were used to a number system based on elevens...

Well first time I have seen the new stadium,got a shock looks very good ,but was with a slight tinged of sad ness ,that the old ground has changed ,for the good I might add. But you must realise I have been going down since the late 60s early 70s, so I am entitled a little bit of nostalgia, and need time for these new fangled ideas. Just getting used to my mobile phone. Any way onwards and upwards.

It's great and I'm happier giving my Cider money to BCFC than Bedminster Cricket Club . Just need some platforms to put your pint on, and a few family portraits and a bit of art on the walls .

Tables are being installed round the pillars, and big hero photos are being hung from the ceiling. Also the concession stands are being clad in black and TVs put above them. And flooring the same as what's in the dolman is being put in the SS

Tables are being installed round the pillars, and big hero photos are being hung from the ceiling. Also the concession stands are being clad in black and TVs put above them. And flooring the same as what's in the dolman is being put in the SS

Do they want a photo of Horace? I can help there...

Seriously, that sounds good.

I must say the South Stand has looked awesome on the TV footage so far, really looks impressive in size and angle, the front of the Dolman (albeit with Vom problems) also looks great, the black panels in the corners really add something different to the usual bowls you see, the ground definitely has its own character! Good job BS!

Yes- that does sound good. Bit surprised about the small screen TV's- they look midget.

I wonder if big hero photos are going to spark a heated debate? 

Yes- that does sound good. Bit surprised about the small screen TV's- they look midget.

I wonder if big hero photos are going to spark a heated debate?

Only among my generation if they put up Bobby (Shadow) Williams' portrait ;)

I was wondering about a clock inside the ground temporarily showing the number of minutes played - I always forget to look at my watch at kick off so am unsure as to the number of minutes left.

Maybe they could put one of those projector clocks pointing at the black cladding for the moment?

I was wondering about a clock inside the ground temporarily showing the number of minutes played - I always forget to look at my watch at kick off so am unsure as to the number of minutes left.

Maybe they could put one of those projector clocks pointing at the black cladding for the moment?

Mins played is shown on the rather unimpressive scoreboard at the back of the Atyeo.

Archived