IGNORED

Wilbs

old_eastender

Sure I will get abuse for saying this, but really he has not looked lively enough in this division for me. Kodjia is used to playing as main striker and reckon we might do better with Agard & Kodjia paired together.

However, can't see Cotts dropping Wilbs esp. as he made him captain.

Shame we didn't follow through for Matt Smith too as he would have been natural replacement for Wilbs.

He should never have been made captain. Weird decision, usually the captain plays. I would get another more mobile target man before its too late. Freeman will be back after the break to aid with the chances created. 

This weekend will make or break our season. We will either get some good players or keep struggling game after game. Possession is great but does not ensure points unfortunately.

I won't knock Wilbraham for his efforts and past contributions, but I don't think he offers enough at this level.  I would prefer Agard and as he has shown recently he knows how to finish.  I think Kodjia and him with Bobby scheming behind would be pretty impressive.

His hold up play and link up is the main reason for him being in the team alongside our faster more exciting striker in Kodjia. Both of those things have been pretty diabolical so far except for a simple assist for Bryan. Agard imho should be started with Kodjia vs Birmingham.

Making him captain means nothing, if he is not playing well then he will be dropped and flint Will be captain. I think he had a very good game against Brentford. Apparently he played well against born. He works his socks off and wins a lot in the air and has a great touch, good when coming deep too. He just lacks that sharpness and does not look like he will score. But I'm worried if agard were to play then although he is deadly in the box, our build up play may be affected without Wilbraham up there doing what he does. I hope Cotterill looks at giving it a go though at some point.

Surprised with Agard on the bench he wasn't the third player to come off.

He worked had but found the lad on loan from Man U a difficult opponent.

If it's Keane you're on about they made that permanent in January I believe and he was very good. Even outpaced Pack up the pitch and almost had a 1v1 with the keeper. The kind of CB we could use really.

We really could use a striker that finishes. Wilbraham has his uses but his touch and pace let him down far too often. Needs to be dropped and I also would like to see Reid and Freeman behind Kodjia if we get no other striker or at least Kodjia with Agard.

Yep wilbs is looking lost in this division. Looks knackered come the 2nd half and doesn't really add much, wins the odd aerial battle and good with the flick ons but that's it. Need to see what Agard and Kodjia are like together. We won't ever see that though, can't see cotterill dropping Wilbraham any time soon.

I'm sure when Agard and JoKo are both up to speed they will be a great partnership.

Which we haven't seen 6 games in yet. At least he let Kodjia go the full 90. Why he made AW captain I will never know. I would have been happy with Korey. Will he drop Wilbs? I'm not too sure. We seem to like having him up there to knock the long ball to and him chest it 10-15 feet away from himself or flick it on to no one.

I thought the samething today that I would like to see Agard alongside Kodjia. But I didn't think of playing Reid and Freeman in a hole just behind.

The issue with playing hold up play entices the ball to be launched, when our most exciting bits are when we take teams by passing it around on quick breaks.

Making him captain means nothing, if he is not playing well then he will be dropped and flint Will be captain. I think he had a very good game against Brentford. Apparently he played well against born. He works his socks off and wins a lot in the air and has a great touch, good when coming deep too. He just lacks that sharpness and does not look like he will score. But I'm worried if agard were to play then although he is deadly in the box, our build up play may be affected without Wilbraham up there doing what he does. I hope Cotterill looks at giving it a go though at some point.

No he won't, Korey will.

Amazing that KA suddenly seen as our potential

Saviour - been reading from many for months that he's not good enough for us !!!!!!!!!!!

Well with the strikers we've been in for he isn't a flashy name. In terms of a guy like Bradshaw though, give me KA. He scored goals at a good rate the past 2 years in League 1 and I think he can net a few in the championship. He's more our style player anyway imo. Can hold it up better than Wilbs and knock it around and we won't boot it up to him in the air which is our biggest contributor to losing possession.

Yep inclined to agree, said when he was made captain I couldn't understand it as he wouldn't be a regular starter for me.

The game was begging for a nippy striker to run the channels in the second half and try and break their defence down.

Wilbs and Williams the weak links for me atm based on what I've seen so far.

Archived