IGNORED

Wilbs

old_eastender

Can never fault him for effort, but for me Wilbs was off the pace again today. Kodjia needs someone that can keep up with him and interplay with him.

Also as captain I don't think he's having enough influence on the pitch. Wade Elliot was always shouting at everyone and cajoling them. We need an experienced midfield general to grab the team by the scruff of the neck and drive them forward.

That's not too ignore or discount Wilbs though, I still think he can play an important part as a impact player from the bench and to mentor our relatively young squad.

Thought he was alright today personally, better than the previous times I've seen him this season. The link up play and understanding between him, Kodjia and Reid was very promising. He's not going to be as effective as he was in League 1 (certainly won't get 20 goals!) but I think he can still do a job.

On the captaincy debate, I think the role of a captain nowadays, on the pitch at least, is very much overstated. Off the pitch you want that experienced head, manager's voice in the dressing room etc, but during a game it's important to have leaders all over the pitch, everybody talking to each other and willing to take responsibility. And I think we have that at the minute: Korey, Flint, Ayling's always in the ear of his teammates as well.

For that reason I'd rather have someone like Wilbs: an old head, someone's who's been there and done it who'll be a calming influence behind the scenes, than a relative youngster. They can still lead on the pitch, whether they have an armband on or not.

And I don't see why the captain has to play every game. SC showed last season when he dropped Elliott for Pack for the second half that he doesn't require it. You see a lot more 'club captains' in the modern game, who barely play at all, but have that authority, respect and presence about the club.

Might work but we will be lacking height from Alby. And Freeman back in the side, did he perform well before he got his red card, cannot remember. 

not really

could go with Kodjia on his own but I'm not convinced he is an out and out frontman

Robinson and Kodjia could be sexy with Reid just behind, Reid was very good for the first 40 mins until Burnley worked him out, he has real potential

not really

could go with Kodjia on his own but I'm not convinced he is an out and out frontman

Robinson and Kodjia could be sexy with Reid just behind, Reid was very good for the first 40 mins until Burnley worked him out, he has real potential

Reid has played 3 games and impressed in every one, will deffo be a Bryan season for him.

Completely agree. Worked fine whenever it was JET and Freeman last season

That was behind Smith though, kodjia is a very different player. Would like to see it tried at some point though.

Personally don't rate Wilbs at all at this level. He runs and runs but no final product. He couldn't hold up an apple let alone the football. Kills kodjia space far to often and hasn't taken his chances. Cannot believe he was given the captaincy in front of Korey or Flinty tbh.

Hoping we will sign Bradshaw before the end of the window.

Archived