IGNORED

The End For Nicky?

cottsciderarmy

Nicky Maynard suffered a serious hamstring injury this morning playing in a reserve game for Blackburn. He came off 2 weeks ago with a pull on his hamstring but had played since scoring twice, however today his leg gave way around 10 minutes into the training match. Mates (who work at Blackburn) say the injury would take at least a year to heal from what they know and they reckon he will probably have to call an end to his playing career.

Personally think anyone saying good is a bit wrong in the head. Whilst some have made clear feelings on him ever coming back when suggested, to wish someone, anyone bad luck that their career is ended by injury is wrong in my opinion.

He is the best striker to have played for us, and probably the most successful forward we've had in the last 10 years. Yes he wanted to better himself and it didn't work out but he's not the first player and he won't be the last player to make that decision. 

It's a shame when someone's career plateau's and ends the way his probably has today, and he scored some of the best goals I've seen a player in a City shirt score.

Personally wish him a full recovery and best of luck in whatever his future holds.

To wish ill of something and say good in this scenario is wrong and sick in my opinion.

Personally think anyone saying good is a bit wrong in the head. Whilst some have made clear feelings on him ever coming back when suggested, to wish someone, anyone bad luck that their career is ended by injury is wrong in my opinion.

He is the best striker to have played for us, and probably the most successful forward we've had in the last 10 years. Yes he wanted to better himself and it didn't work out but he's not the first player and he won't be the last player to make that decision. 

It's a shame when someone's career plateau's and ends the way his probably has today, and he scored some of the best goals I've seen a player in a City shirt score.

Personally wish him a full recovery and best of luck in whatever his future holds.

To wish ill of something and say good in this scenario is wrong and sick in my opinion.

Personally could not give a shit. 

Was a bit of a bellend in how he ended things with us but don`t think he deserves people celebrating a possible career ending injury.

And as mentioned that QPR goal was stunning. Not just one of the best in a city shirt but one of the best ever scored I reckon!

Can you remind me of how he was a bellend? Either it's fabricated to say so or I've forgotten something....

Don't understand some of the vitriol towards him. Wanted to leave to further his career and given the state of the club at the time, you could hardly blame him. He's had a shocking time of it since leaving and if this really is career ending, then I for one feel extremely sorry for him. Club record signing and his goals kept us in the Championship while he was here.

Archived