IGNORED

Positioning Of Away Fans

cheesleywalksoncider

Agreed. And i have asked DL face to face and he said he did not know and said nobody knows yet about the away fans.

But they will be aware of fans feelings towards the idea now.

Bristol Sport are considering placing the away support in the Dolman stand - Season ticket holders there already views should be respected.

A unreserved standing section cannot be placed in the South Stand - Season ticket holders there already views should be respected.

Dave L mentions an on-going discussion in an e mail.

And the numerous valid points already in this thread highlight somebody certainly knows versus nobody knows.

The time to start that on-going discussion with all fans should be now, as it appears these somebody "nobody knows yet" have already started it.

Can i call on the FAN reps in the Dolman to look at what is posted in this thread and bring it up at the next meeting?

Also can the Supporters club and trust start digging deeper and get some clarification on this subject as it will effect fans.

Dolman A - B blockers email the club and start asking questions.

We had a really decent debate about this on here a couple of months ago. While I understand why some people want the Atyeo as a 'home' stand, I still can't see the logic in having any seats with access to the adjoined concourses as away seats.

It has to be the Atyeo for away fans and the 22,700 seats for us. The atmosphere question was discussed but we lost the EE and it is getting there and I'm sure it will be the same IF the whole Atyeo is given to our visitors.

Check post number 24 and others. Standing in the South Stand is prohibited hence fans seeing the Atyeo as the new East or home end.

How on earth would BS be able to put away fans in the old Dolman A and B?

1. Market St would be defunct as the concourse would be blocked.

2. all the turnstiles at the Ashton Rd entrance would be away fans only so all the SS and Dolman supporters would have to either come in via Winterstoke Rd or enter the new West stand at the Ashton Rd end and walk around. It would be chaos.

I just cannot see the logic when the Atyeo is a detatched stand and would have absolutely no effect on our nice shiny new ones and the capacity.

Away fans in the Atyeo all day long as far as I'm concerned, just like it used to be pre Atyeo.

How on earth would BS be able to put away fans in the old Dolman A and B?

1. Market St would be defunct as the concourse would be blocked.

2. all the turnstiles at the Ashton Rd entrance would be away fans only so all the SS and Dolman supporters would have to either come in via Winterstoke Rd or enter the new West stand at the Ashton Rd end and walk around. It would be chaos.

I just cannot see the logic when the Atyeo is a detatched stand and would have absolutely no effect on our nice shiny new ones and the capacity.

Away fans in the Atyeo all day long as far as I'm concerned, just like it used to be pre Atyeo.

I agree completely, it will never happen. But, I think the reason it's even being talked about is because of the singing section curry in the Atyeo and where they will go and be able to stand and put flags up etc etc. A solution for this needs to be found

as far as im concerned let the away fans have the atyeo,self contained stand easier to police, hopefully we are still in the championship and your, leeds, brum, wolves etc can have 4 thousand in there ,more money for us !!

as for atmosphere, its up to us fans to create this, im open minded as to where to go, south stand , our old spiritual

home, furthest from away fans, williams oldies will surely move to the new williams ?  dolman a/b . or corner in williams close to away fans for atmosphere ?  im sure i will be shot down by someone, so alternative, constructive  ideas are welcome !

I agree re away fans in Atyeo. That prevents losing seats for segregation, allows for decent away followings helping the atmosphere and preserves the three sided home concourse. 

Is the rake in the Dolman OK for home standing/singing section? If so, the blocks nearest Atyeo may be a decent option.

Is the rake in the Dolman OK for home standing/singing section? If so, the blocks nearest Atyeo may be a decent option.

Fans in those blocks may not wish to move. They also may want to move if BristolSport and Bristol City reveal more of their bigger picture. Bits of detail which would help answer that question for instance would assist fans as well.

Archived