IGNORED

Positioning Of Away Fans

cheesleywalksoncider

Anyone know why the away fans are in the section nearest the Dolman? I would have thought it would have made sense from a segregation point of view to have away fans where they were last year so they are not near the Dolman and able to goad the City fans that leave early from from Dolman. Also as the Ayteo tends to have the most vocal City fans wouldn't make sense to have all the City fans in one complete section, therefore hopefully the Ayteo gets the songs and chants going and it then moves around the ground.

Anyone know why the away fans are in the section nearest the Dolman? I would have thought it would have made sense from a segregation point of view to have away fans where they were last year so they are not near the Dolman and able to goad the City fans that leave early from from Dolman. Also as the Ayteo tends to have the most vocal City fans wouldn't make sense to have all the City fans in one complete section, therefore hopefully the Ayteo gets the songs and chants going and it then moves around the ground.

Surely Dolman early leavers are less visible than when they used to walk along the front of the stand?

Because that's where the manager wanted them - away from the tunnel.

Surely as eminent posters on otib would have people believe it was the collective result of a in depth consultation the like of which few, if any other football clubs have pursued?

To which, the usual suspects will reply "Well, no bugger asked I".

Be nice if we could goad them at some stage this season.

Away fans in Dolman blocks A and B is a non starter, you will effectively rule out home fans using the Dolman entrance to the concourse, you would have to block off the concourse to segregate fans, you'd have to lose capacity by covering blocks of seats, nobody with an ounce of common sense would even suggest it. The away fans will be in the Atyeo as originally planned, the sooner people stop suggesting such nonsense as away fans in the Dolman the better

You appear to be absolutely incensed by this idea judging by your posts on the subject! Do you sit in Dolman A/B by any chance?

The people who have suggested it include BS employees, it's not some fan led proposal necessarily.

Away fans in Dolman blocks A and B is a non starter, you will effectively rule out home fans using the Dolman entrance to the concourse, you would have to block off the concourse to segregate fans, you'd have to lose capacity by covering blocks of seats, nobody with an ounce of common sense would even suggest it. The away fans will be in the Atyeo as originally planned, the sooner people stop suggesting such nonsense as away fans in the Dolman the better

It is unclear who "you" and "people" are. It was rumoured that Bristol Sport were considering placing the away support in the Dolman stand as a possible option. the Supporters Trust confirmed that this was true, which is why an enquiry was made via the Supporter Liaison regarding how Bristol Sport will gather fans views.

At this point it is unclear how fans can affect and shape their future, if at all.

You appear to be absolutely incensed by this idea judging by your posts on the subject! Do you sit in Dolman A/B by any chance?

The people who have suggested it include BS employees, it's not some fan led proposal necessarily.

I'm incensed at the ridiculous lack of common sense in the proposal, it literally blows my mind! I sit wherever I can get tickets so it's nothing to do with that, I just can't see any logical reason why you would spend all that money on a concourse and new entrances etc etc which will work really well for home fans, and then decide to do this!

Purely from an architectural and logistical point of view it would be madness to put away fans anywhere other than the Atyeo. We've spent all that money creating a concourse that extends all the way around three-quarters of the ground, we're developing the "market street" idea in the Dolman and as Tinman said the entrances have clearly been designed for home fan use only. It would be such a huge compromise of the original design intent for the redeveloped stadium, when there is such an obvious alternative (away fans in the Atyeo), I just can't see anything else happening. Not to mention the necessary segregation and thus loss of revenue from empty seats that would otherwise be avoided. It seems a complete no-brainer to me.

I'm incensed at the ridiculous lack of common sense in the proposal, it literally blows my mind! I sit wherever I can get tickets so it's nothing to do with that, I just can't see any logical reason why you would spend all that money on a concourse and new entrances etc etc which will work really well for home fans, and then decide to do this!

Fair enough. I've debated this with a few different posters since it's been discussed.

If it gives our vocal support a dedicated home I'm all for it. Anything to improve the atmosphere.

Logistically though it's tricky you're right.

Once the new grandstand is up and functioning why not put the away supporters in one end of the lower section? That's what they do at Selhurst park and Molinuex.

In the meantime where else can the away fans be placed with only three stands? The end of the Artyeo is the only realistic place. What is needed to avoid possible trouble is a wider gap between fans and more stewards.

At this point Bristol Sport have made no decision. Within your post you used the word "you". What has been asked is how "you" will be included in forming Bristol Sports eventual decision.

A trial where the away support is relocated to the other side of the Atyeo could help that "you" inform their views. That option could also allow City fans in the Atyeo to access the Dolman concourse, probably affect the atmosphere of the Dolman stand positively and avoid the negatives in your earlier post.

Fair enough. I've debated this with a few different posters since it's been discussed.

If it gives our vocal support a dedicated home I'm all for it. Anything to improve the atmosphere.

Logistically though it's tricky you're right.

I think the issue has only come up because BS advised no standing or flags in the SS therefore the Atyeo has become the singing section. However when common sense prevails I believe BS will change this and allow flags and standing somewhere else ie SS which will become the singing section

I think the issue has only come up because BS advised no standing or flags in the SS therefore the Atyeo has become the singing section. However when common sense prevails I believe BS will change this and allow flags and standing somewhere else ie SS which will become the singing section

I think the issue is BS don't really want our vocal support there. The community corner / family area / corporate boxes are there and BS won't want songs about Darrell Clarke's mother being sung there. They've also given some excuse about a 27% rake meaning standing is not allowed.

Also, existing ST holders in the Ss will have to be moved again.

At this point Bristol Sport have made no decision. Within your post you used the word "you". What has been asked is how "you" will be included in forming Bristol Sports eventual decision.

A trial where the away support is relocated to the other side of the Atyeo could help that "you" inform their views. That option could also allow City fans in the Atyeo to access the Dolman concourse, probably affect the atmosphere of the Dolman stand positively and avoid the negatives in your earlier post.

A big factor could well be to see if we stay up this season, get promoted or stay in the championship as that could govern ticket allocation numbers next season and maybe that is why the club is waiting to see how it pans out.

I think the away support will get relocated to the other side of the Atyeo once the players tunnel is moved to the touch line and i think the possible out come would be the Atyeo staying split with home and away but of course that all depends on what fans want to do who are there now and what the other options may be.

I think the issue is BS don't really want our vocal support there. The community corner / family area / corporate boxes are there and BS won't want songs about Darrell Clarke's mother being sung there. They've also given some excuse about a 27% rake meaning standing is not allowed.

Also, existing ST holders in the Ss will have to be moved again.

It's not "some excuse". There are guidelines that state that 25deg is the maximum safe rake to protect against the risk of progressive crowd collapse - that is, the risk of one person falling forwards and causing a domino effect on those below.

Source:-

http://www.iwi-associates.co.uk/downloads/persistent_standing_presentation.pdf

It's fashionable to blame Bristol Sport for everything negative at our club. In reality they have supported proposals for safe standing and cannot be blamed for acting in accordance with existing guidelines for safety.

A big factor could well be to see if

Could well be and if's were not mentioned by the Supporters Liaison when he was contacted regarding this topic. What was referred to was an on-going discussion which will arrive at an eventual decision.

It is not apparent what the specifics are and how fans will be widely involved, or otherwise.

Could well be and if's were not mentioned by the Supporters Liaison when he was contacted regarding this topic. What was referred to was an on-going discussion which will arrive at an eventual decision.

It is not apparent what the specifics are and how fans will be widely involved, or otherwise.

Supporters Liaison came out with a lot of ''we don't know yet'' when asked in person

Supporters Liaison came out with a lot of ''we don't know yet'' when asked in person

There is / or will be an on-going discussion. Basic detail that can be revealed at this point v suck it and see is who is / will be involved e.g. Supporters Trust / Fan.

The Atyeo singing section can't be moved to the South Stand due to its rake being a % too high = Dangerous. A fact rather than an 'we don't know yet'.

Bristol Sport can start the initial process of on-going discussion involving fans [?] beyond persons unknown right now.

Like others have said, logistically the away fans will be in the Atyeo from next season. Away fans coaches park next to Halfords so it'll be a short walk out to them. I really hope they do a segregation again like with the old EE and let City fans in the Parkend take over Atyeo Block H and inwards. Really want to sit there with my lad like my old man and Grandad did before me...

It's not "some excuse". There are guidelines that state that 25deg is the maximum safe rake to protect against the risk of progressive crowd collapse - that is, the risk of one person falling forwards and causing a domino effect on those below.

Source:-

http://www.iwi-associates.co.uk/downloads/persistent_standing_presentation.pdf

It's fashionable to blame Bristol Sport for everything negative at our club. In reality they have supported proposals for safe standing and cannot be blamed for acting in accordance with existing guidelines for safety.

Don't play that card round ere Chummy.

There are chaps on these threads who went to BS backslappings.

The BS bods failed to "Pssst see that South Face stand, DEATH SLIDE that is!"

Archived