fabio

Felt like doing some stats, shots on target to goals

Burn 8 sot 1 goal

Leeds 11 sot 2 goals

Midds 4 sot 1 goal

Brent 5 sot 2 goals

Weds 3 sot 0 goals

31 shots on target for 6 goals

If we had scored 3 more = 9 in right games (burn and Leeds) we'd have 5 extra points

Agard to start with kodjia for me not saying that will sort but I think it's something agard will enhance

Discuss

Burn 8 sot 1 goal

Leeds 11 sot 2 goals

Midds 4 sot 1 goal

Brent 5 sot 2 goals

Weds 3 sot 0 goals

If we had scored 3 more = 9 in right games (burn and Leeds) we'd have 5 extra points

Agard to start with kodjia for me not saying that will sort but I think it's something agard will enhance

Discuss

IF...

We must convert a bigger percentage of our shots on target. It is a simple as that.

Without delving into stats for this season, I remember that Brentford scored 4 with only 4 on target and did Burnley have any more in addition to the two they scored?

Also think Leeds only had three or four and one of them was a pen.

We have to up our game in front of goal or face the consequences.

Burn 8 sot 1 goal

Leeds 11 sot 2 goals

Midds 4 sot 1 goal

Brent 5 sot 2 goals

Weds 3 sot 0 goals

Discuss

if all those teams had scored more with their chances we might have zero points

Trying to be positive just doesn't work on this forum does it

Problem is, SOT is such a poor surrogate for real chances - a blast from distance that is easily saved counts, whereas putting wide an easy chance does not.

However, using it as it is, we have as you say had 6 goals from 31 shots on target - let us say one in five. The teams we have played have scored 10 from 19 SoT, on a quick count up. Let us say one in two. Just shows how clinical sides are at this level and goes sone way to explaining why we think we are outplaying teams for large periods - but losing. It is quite a difference.

We must convert a bigger percentage of our shots on target. It is a simple as that.

Without delving into stats for this season, I remember that Brentford scored 4 with only 4 on target and did Burnley have any more in addition to the two they scored?

There are shot metrics - TSR's. With a small sample size of matches it will be hard to get a true reflection, but at present City's goals to shots conversion is on the high side.

Doesn't includes chances like kodjia had when he cut in either or headers just over the bar so balances out. Guess I'm trying to say at least we're creating chances better than not. If agard can help with converting a few more then happy days

Watching the extended highlights on player shows how we cut them open so easily time and time again. Brilliant approach play but absolutely woeful finishing, so many tame efforts after getting into brilliant positions. 

Personally though, I'm confident this will get sorted out. 

Also, regarding the goals conceded I wonder how much of this is just bad luck? I mean, even in the premiership you don't seem to get punished quite as clinically as we have been this season, you see many games with lots of SOT without scoring. 

Those stats tell me we have a defensive problem. Defence starts up front.

Archived