IGNORED

Banners

The Chaplain

No.  

Best keep all politics and religion out of sport (and, ideally, life in general). Sport is the one place you can escape from the total and utter mess that both have made of this planet and human'kind'. 

I agree to an extent.  Although, I'm afraid football has also got caught up in the mess and I often find it just as repulsive and unethical as many other things.  I thought you could avoid it at our level, but really you can't.

Over 900 million paid in transfer fees by Premier League clubs alone this season. Utterly ridiculous.

No.  

Best keep all politics and religion out of sport (and, ideally, life in general). Sport is the one place you can escape from the total and utter mess that both have made of this planet and human'kind'

Really? Even when you realise you're only allowed to buy alcohol during a 15 minute window because of political will, we don't have those excellent looking safe standing seats because of political will, and we have had to build a stadium part by part because of, amongst many things, political incompetence...*

*not a moan about AG by the way. Thus far the redevelopment has exceeded expectations massively.

Really? Even when you realise you're only allowed to buy alcohol during a 15 minute window because of political will, we don't have those excellent looking safe standing seats because of political will, and we have had to build a stadium part by part because of, amongst many things, political incompetence...*

*not a moan about AG by the way. Thus far the redevelopment has exceeded expectations massively.

I was looking more at the macro - trashing the environment and other species, inhumane and unsustainable factory farming, economic migrants, wars et al - rather than the micro, but you do have a point. Down with football too then!

Sod it. I'm off to the pub. 

Archived