IGNORED

Welsh at the Euros

sglosbcfc

The "Jolly Jocks" have been responsible for some of the worst violence I've ever seen at international football, but the thousands who turn up in skirts seem to distract the gaze from this fact.

As for Wales; you can take the boy out of the Valleys....

If you mean the Wembley pitch invasion that was absolutely ages ago! Their support is very different now.

I imagine they'll be much like Ireland and Scotland at recent tournaments and be praised for the "carnival atmosphere" they bring !

Will they behave and be like the Jolly Jocks or will they run amok and like they have in the past, even have big dust up between rival Swansea and Cardiff factions within their own support?

No love lost between these two.......even at the races !

https://youtu.be/puHyUEBT-tkiframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/puHyUEBT-tk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Swansea don't follow Wales away, it's Wrexham and Cardiff who have some kind of pikey, boyo bond.

Expect to hear numerous stories of them attacking women and children, then running away from everyone, tossers.

Yes and the English are never any trouble are they?! wake up.

If you mean the Wembley pitch invasion that was absolutely ages ago! Their support is very different now.

I imagine they'll be much like Ireland and Scotland at recent tournaments and be praised for the "carnival atmosphere" they bring !

I was talking more at Euro '96, when they fought amongst themselves and with England fans in a battle that they started, and also in 2000 and even in the recent Wembley international. 

They are the same as England fans in as much as they can have a good time at tournaments but there's still an element that will cause trouble. 

I am sure the media will come up with some 'Celtic Invasion' nonsense if say the so called 'Tartan' and 'Green' armies also qualify. They will have the 'best' fans however many cans of Tenants, Brains are cchucked. See an England supporter holding a can of Stella and the Armed Gendamerie will be getting the water canons flowing.

The words "Scotland" and "recent tournaments" should not be in the same sentance. ;)

How have the Welsh got to 9th in the world rankings, ahead of England in 10th? Maybe its because we've been playing rubbish teams in the qualifiers but you can only beat what's in front of you, bizarre!

It is a bit of an odd system.

Apparently, If Wales win on Sunday, they go up to 4th, as a lot if the teams above them are only playing friendlies which count for a lot less. Fair play to them recently, but 4th best in the world? 

It is a bit of an odd system.

Apparently, If Wales win on Sunday, they go up to 4th, as a lot if the teams above them are only playing friendlies which count for a lot less. Fair play to them recently, but 4th best in the world? 

4th best in the British Isles, I could accept ;)

Swansea don't follow Wales away, it's Wrexham and Cardiff who have some kind of pikey, boyo bond.

Expect to hear numerous stories of them attacking women and children, then running away from everyone, tossers.

I think it is safe to assume there will be a huge following  from East Wales for this their first tournament in fifty odd years. How the Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham and Newport contingents mix will be interesting. Will they unite for Cymru or will they do what they usually do and try to beat the s*** out of one another. 

Archived