IGNORED

Marvin Sordell

Youreds808

24 years old

Averaged a goal every 5 games (so roughly 8 or 9 a season at best if injury free)

Will want biggish wages

No thanks 

Oh, well that's that then.

Agard only got 14 last season in League One. 9 at the level Sordell has been at will do just fine if we contribute elsewhere too.

Suddenly we've brought in a couple of players and we're too good for a guy who's primarily played at Championship level through his short career?

A short term deal based on appearances/performances on a longer length is fine.

24 years old

Averaged a goal every 5 games (so roughly 8 or 9 a season at best if injury free)

Will want biggish wages

No thanks 

Still Young, a lot of those games were coming on as a sub and some even in the premiership.  Apart from JK can't see any of our other strikers getting more than 9 goals if I'm honest. 

Short term contract or pay as you play, is a lot better than getting a payed naff all and losing your fitness at the same time. 

Ive got a feeling that Wes could be the player we keep on looking for. Cameo role 20 minutes to go at that pace would be a real weapon, Sorddell not a bad choice either and on a free, which paves the way got a big money loan strikers or experienced midfielder.

Don't see anything wrong in this?

Burns seems to have picked up a new position in RWB/RW, so no need for him to be upfront.
Agard still not fully fit, and Wilbraham is getting to the age where he can't play a full 90 week in week out, that's been clear to see the past few games.

Sordell definitely seems like the type of player who had a big future but has been misguided along the lines somewhere. A type of player Cotts would be able to put him back on track. Short contract till January, see how he gets on.

I wouldn't see Sordell guy as getting in the way of Wes's development as I don't think Wes is a striker. For me he is a winger or wing back. I don't think he will make it as an central attacker.

I have the same opinion, just as he needs that extra space to knock the ball into and get past a man. 

However he has been playing down the middle for Wales U21's and scored 2 the other day.

To be fair it could be worth bringing him in until Jan on not great wages just to make the numbers on the bench

That is right up there with 'pay as you play' contracts for ideas that no footballer in their right mind would sign.

What next, zero hours football contracts?  

It may depend on what other offers he receives .

can anyone clarify which members of our current squad are on a deal until January (i dont mean loan players) or on a pay as you play or appearance based contract at low rates.

Or indeed, if we have ever had a player on a contract like this.

Or indeed, if any league footballer has ever been on a contract like this?

can anyone clarify which members of our current squad are on a deal until January (i dont mean loan players) or on a pay as you play or appearance based contract at low rates.

Or indeed, if we have ever had a player on a contract like this.

Or indeed, if any league footballer has ever been on a contract like this?

Wasn't Darren Caskey on a pay as you play contract? I'm sure it was either that or he was on a lower wage made up with a bigger appearance fee?

I could be completely wrong but am sure he virtually cost us nothing during his time here.

Wasn't Darren Caskey on a pay as you play contract? I'm sure it was either that or he was on a lower wage made up with a bigger appearance fee?

I could be completely wrong but am sure he virtually cost us nothing during his time here.

he was on a trial and had three games with the reserves. And a shed load of cake.

22 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Just signed for Cov on a free having scored 5 in 25 last season for Colchester. 

Something not right there, is there?

Keeps getting clubs but whatever he might have had seems to have gone.

On 6 September 2015 at 00:09, wallaceboy said:

Can't become a bad player overnight. Perhaps lost his confidence. Sc can get this back. Burnley have loads of striker's so obviously knew he wasn't gonna get a game.let's see what happens.

After they join us many a signing has become a bad player overnight.

Archived