IGNORED

The loan window opens today. Who do we need?

Lord Northski

So we've got our defence pretty sorted, but we clearly need more depth in the squad to cope with injuries. A CF and an experienced CM player (to back up Bobby Reid who's looking twice the player he was a year ago).

I found this http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/loan-window-open-you-need-4154431 which explains more of the rules around loans.

Quite surprised the forum hasn't been shut down until Cotts has got some new players signed !

Go get 'em Steve

So we've got our defence pretty sorted, but we clearly need more depth in the squad to cope with injuries. A CF and an experienced CM player (to back up Bobby Reid who's looking twice the player he was a year ago).

I found this http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/loan-window-open-you-need-4154431 which explains more of the rules around loans.

Quite surprised the forum hasn't been shut down until Cotts has got some new players signed !

Go get 'em Steve

This is reporting on last year's window hence Tuesday 9th Sept.

Kyle Lafferty & Medo Kamara. Don't know much about the latter but it seemed we tried to sign him on deadline day but for what ever reasons it couldn't be done, so sort of expecting us to go back in for him. Can't see much changing within a week (assuming we were ever actually interested). Kyle Lafferty would of course be a good one but can imagine, like James Wilson, there would be a several clubs interested.

So yeah would be happy with an experienced CM and a striker to replace Wilbs. Then I think we're sorted.

I wonder what the chances of getting Loftus-Cheek would be? Surely he will be going somewhere on loan

Mourinho seems to like him so may just keep him around the first team and if he doesn't end up being involved much by Jan then may be loaned out.

Or maybe just Uncle Tom Cobbly.. its quality after all not quantity.

Isn't that ironic? Literally just returned from Widecombe Fair!

Met Tom Cobbly in the car park, he told me he's already signed for QPR. He did say though we're well placed for signing Bill Brewer, Peter Gurney, Tom Pearce and Harry Hawke.

As an aside..... Sam's Cider which was being served in the beer tent..... Gert lush or what! Recommended. 

Isn't that ironic? Literally just returned from Widecombe Fair!

Met Tom Cobbly in the car park, he told me he's already signed for QPR. He did say though we're well placed for signing Bill Brewer, Peter Gurney, Tom Pearce and Harry Hawke.

As an aside..... Sam's Cider which was being served in the beer tent..... Gert lush or what! Recommended. 

More of a coincidence I would say unless i missed the jist a bit.

Now cider.. don't get me started on that.. all i can out here is Magners for 180 pesos a bottle (you know a Heineken green bottle size) thats about £2.60 .. actually thats not that bad is it?

Anyway.. I had a 60 peso San Mig Light instead.. not really a beer drinker but just fancied one or two with me sunday roast.

Kyle Lafferty & Medo Kamara. Don't know much about the latter but it seemed we tried to sign him on deadline day but for what ever reasons it couldn't be done, so sort of expecting us to go back in for him. Can't see much changing within a week (assuming we were ever actually interested). Kyle Lafferty would of course be a good one but can imagine, like James Wilson, there would be a several clubs interested.

So yeah would be happy with an experienced CM and a striker to replace Wilbs. Then I think we're sorted.

City have enquired about Lafferty... and I can confirm he either will, or will not be joining them on loan!

FB_IMG_1441729099724.jpg

At risk of digging myself into an even deeper hole, thought a meaning of ironic was coincidental. Anyhow, one for the forum police to debate. 

Yep, got to say some of the ciders around these parts could drive me away from premium lager drinks. Thought I was in heaven when The Rugglestone Inn at Widecombe introduced Ashton Press, got to say this Sam's Cider is even better. Worth returning to Old Blighty for I can assure you.

CM to play alongside Korey and a striker.

As we already have 4 on loan and can only use 5 in a match day squad unless one of our loans goes back we can only have one of these.

As we have Agard, Robinson and Burns who could all play up front but aren't currently starting, I'd prefer a midfielder myself.

Archived