IGNORED

The loan window opens today. Who do we need?

Lord Northski

On the basis that I would love to see how far Burns and Reid can get in this squad and we have a seemingly solid looking defence ( yes- untested so far) combined with the fact that loans aren't ideal- I'd just like to see one new player. A striker of the quality SC was trying to bring in  before the window closed.

For me, a striker who can actually put away the many chances created is essential - easy to say, not so easy to get, as we know. If we can get one in, then we'll be more than ok.

I am not so sure a striker is needed. The issue I have seen is that Wilbs/Kodjia have had to come a lot deeper to pick up the ball, and therefore had a lot more work to do to get the ball in the net.

We have missed the link from midfield to attack that Freeman normally provides - I think with him back we will score more of the chances. 

Depth in midfield is what I think us missing - we have no options if Pack/Smith are tiring or having a bad game.

Adebayor is available.. would any of you have him (massive wages and liklihood of him wanting to come to us aside)?

Yes. Who wouldnt want a international striker who is a proven goalscorer in the top level.

No offence but in the words of SOD "stupid question", flaps arms.

Yes. Who wouldnt want a international striker who is a proven goalscorer in the top level.

No offence but in the words of SOD "stupid question", flaps arms.

During the summer, when Joey Barton was being rumoured there was a huge split due to attitude problems/past problems etc.. would there not be the same arguments against Adebayor? Lazy, disruptive, unpredictable are all words associated to him

During the summer, when Joey Barton was being rumoured there was a huge split due to attitude problems/past problems etc.. would there not be the same arguments against Adebayor? Lazy, disruptive, unpredictable are all words associated to him

Joey Barton is in the championship again. Adebayor wouldn't drop out of the Prem. Totally different quality of players. 

Joey Barton is in the championship again. Adebayor wouldn't drop out of the Prem. Totally different quality of players. 

He cannot play in either the Premier League or Europa League until January at the earliest - If he wants to play football he doesn't have much choice.. I could see him going to a club like Hull or QPR

He cannot play in either the Premier League or Europa League until January at the earliest - If he wants to play football he doesn't have much choice.. I could see him going to a club like Hull or QPR

No championship club can afford his wages. He will stay at Spurs and play reserve if he has too. He rejected Villa cause God told him too. If God is now saying go to Hull I'm sure he will be questioning his religion.

No championship club can afford his wages. He will stay at Spurs and play reserve if he has too. He rejected Villa cause God told him too. If God is now saying go to Hull I'm sure he will be questioning his religion.

I would expect Spurs would pay the majority of it.

God can be a strange one..

Liam Bridcutt or Pritchard (if available) for midfield for me and either James Wilson or Gayle on loan. 

Is Pritchard not an attacking midfielder? We have plenty of those (Freeman, Robinson, Reid).

By the sounds of the Cotterill interview, Gayle was quite disrepesctful, so I think any bridges are burned there.

Does n't sound like anything's going to happen soon for us in the loan market after Cott's interview on Player . Could just be the proverbial ' smoke and mirrors ' but i think he is genuinely ok with what we have.

The youngsters Burns and Reid have given him food for thought .

I'm actually happy with the current situation.

Just read the following article on BBC sport,

would he be worth taking a punt on ?

Michu when fit was awesome ......

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34216925?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&%2338;ns_source=facebook&%2338;ns_linkname=sport

Pay as you Play deal ?  ...

I really don't think we can afford risks like these when our policy is to run  with a small squad . Each player's wage takes up a large part of our permitted budget so we need guys who are fit and ready. Not , unfortunately, quality players who have injury problems, let the Wolves , Derby's of this world take the gamble we can't at the moment .

Archived