IGNORED

Better player after injury.

Major Isewater

We often see players coming back from injury who sadly never achieve the standards they had before , just wondering if any one can think of a player whose game actually improved because of an injury ?

Perhaps in the vein of Dion Dublin who converted to Centre Back after having started out as a forward , though i don't think in this case his transformation was due to being crocked .

Unless your hero is Scott Murray. He is someone certainly worth meeting.

He is one of the exceptions in that I have both met him and liked him :) . I met Keith Fear and that was a mistake, I have met Galley, Garland, Newman, Gillies, Russell Musker, Walshie all of whom were very nice people so it doesn't always follow for sure...

He is one of the exceptions in that I have both met him and liked him :) . I met Keith Fear and that was a mistake, I have met Galley, Garland, Newman, Gillies, Russell Musker, Walshie all of whom were very nice people so it doesn't always follow for sure...

Agree with Galley , top man .

When i lived in Nottingham , as a wine merchant,  i had a client who booked a  tasting with me and asked if i minded if he invited a friend . The more the merrier says I and on arriving at my client's house presented the great John Galley to me .

After an evening of talking City,  which did n't interest my client one little bit , i took their orders and left .

The next day i rather sheepishly called to present my excuses for the subject change of  the evening and said that i hoped that Mr Galley was n't too bored by my inane questions and fawning ! I may have told him once or twice that he was my childhood hero and that i'd only ever seen him in Black and White on the telly.

" Oh no ,not at all " was the reply he loved it !

So there you go ,so much for playing it cool .

John Galley ,Gentleman .:clap:

Mark Gavin. He struggled for a long time with Hamstring injuries but then started to rely on beating players for skill instead of pace. Made him a far better player.

He was superb in that 1989-1990 season. Gavin on the right with his trickery and Smith on the left with his pace was am exciting combination. l didn't know he'd had injury issues. I remember that he played well against us for Bolton in the first half in the Freight Rover Trophy final in 1986 up until the point that Rob Newman clattered him.

Archived