IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

14 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

Really tempted but might just try and watch it in the morning without knowing the result.

Nice to see Brook win again, is he popular with Wednesday fans?

Unfortunately not, especially since the red and white shorts at Bramall Lane. It's a shame though because anyone who follows Kell knows he doesn't actually care about football, he only did it in honour of his uncle. Personally I like to keep boxing and football entirely separate, I'll support any British boxer, and if they're from Sheffield then even better.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Unfortunately not, especially since the red and white shorts at Bramall Lane. It's a shame though because anyone who follows Kell knows he doesn't actually care about football, he only did it in honour of his uncle. Personally I like to keep boxing and football entirely separate, I'll support any British boxer, and if they're from Sheffield then even better.

I remember Brendan Ingle with Herol Grayham, fuc* knows why they ended up fighting Julian Jackson at middle...

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Bomber was a bit before my time, still really respected up here though, sad to see he's been having mental health issues recently

Talented beyond belief, fought the Caribbean ' body snatcher' 70% blind, I think the general concencus was promoters wanted him to fight in London...

7 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Nice one (ran out of likes today :laugh:) Probably would make a really interesting doc his life.

100% The arms tied behind his back, taking on everyone, Herol was a special talent, unfortunately Grayham and Kirkland Laing didn't have Matchroom behind them, even if they did, would they have fought any different?

probably not..

39 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Well Ortiz certainly gave him a fight. I’ve seen many a fight stopped earlier than where he had Wilder in the 7th. 

I couldn't believe how shite Wilder was, he looked like a rank amatuer.

He can't really box at all, he can just hit. On that showing Parker is more of a test for AJ, all Wilder has is the right hand but he telegraphs it so clearly it's ridiculous. I thought Ortiz was going to finish it in the 7th but then he was blowing out of his oap arse for the rest of the fight.

Kell put in a decent enough performance. I wonder if there was something up with Rabchenko though, he was just charging in. Maybe he was carrying an injury and knew it wouldn't hold up for long.

Kovalev made a right mess of Mikhalkin's face too

Edited by Stortz

You have to hand it to Wilder really, getting this far while being so technically awful is quite some achievement, but that power is a huge leveller. He took some big shots in the 7th and 8th and clearly has a chin, but no way he stands up to that kind of attack from Joshua. As long as he's still in there he has a chance of course, but that fight only goes one way for me. Needs to happen this year though.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Well Ortiz certainly gave him a fight. I’ve seen many a fight stopped earlier than where he had Wilder in the 7th. 

Another 10 seconds and he was gone, Ortiz got saved by the bell in the 5th though.

At least he’s shown he can take it and give it out though but he’s still seriously lacking in basic technique.

BJS definitely isn’t keen on him though anyone seen his interview on IFLTV calling him a racist c@nt?