IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

12 minutes ago, TomF said:

So what’s on tonight forgive my ignorance?

Put it this way Tom, they were only selling tickets to the bottom tier of the O2.

It's Ted Cheeseman v Sergio Garcia, Lawrence Okolie trying to prove he's not terminally dull (atm) and some other people.

10 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Not great mate, reffered to Papworth, but hay, I'm just glad I'm here at all.. 

Sending positive vibes mate!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Don’t think there was anything he could prove tonight. Fighting a nobody. That fight was embarrassing.

He's had ample opportunity not to look shit against the likes of Watkins and Chamberlain, but he's taken the no risk cheating approach every time.

He has singularly failed to live up to his hype, and stinks out every fight he's in. He's only being indulged by Matchroom as Joshua is (so say) managing the fey shithouse.

Not a fan, as you may have noticed haha.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

The whole Wilder/Fury draw has ****ed up the division.  Basically know it’ll be a rematch regardless who wins 2nd time.

AJ has nobody of note to fight and has to wait. 

You're right mate, Joshua and Matchroom have lost the political battle and been outmaneouvered at HW atm, the US promoters are desperate to keep Eddie's nose out of the trough!

Miller is a decent fight in terms of US exposure but it's nothing more than a keep busy fight in any otther respect.

Was nice to see a bit of boxing on a Saturday night again even if it wasn’t a great card.

It was so frustrating watching the big cheese just keep walking forward in straight lines eating punches. It reminded me of the Ritson fight when he stepped up to European level and just got outclassed all night. I think Eddie can sometimes rush these fighters on a bit when they’ve still got plenty to learn, I guess he’s desperate for a couple more stars to break through with people like Bellew, Haye, Brook, Khan retiring or looking past it.