IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

So AJ gets to create an ‘iconic moment’ fighting at Maddison Gardens against Jarrell Miller. 

The two Wembley dates that Eddie made such big noise over, looks unlikely. 

Appreciate AJ holds the belts but they’ve been left begind by Wilder & Fury. Has greed got to much for Team AJ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

I’m not sure what AJ could do while Wilder and Fury sort out another two scraps potentially.  He’s got 4 belts still - Wilder doesn’t want to fight him just yet and the WBC seem to want to stop AJ getting the belt so guess he can’t fight anyone great otherwise 

But surely AJ is being left behind ? Is it bad management by Eddie?

Hearn is talking about stacking the card with big fights. Believe it when I see it, but he'll need to do something to get people in the UK to pay up. Can't see the Joshua casuals liking the 4am start against some lad that none of them have heard of. And the US market won't give a toss either if it isn't Fury or Wilder in with him.

13 hours ago, daored said:

So AJ gets to create an ‘iconic moment’ fighting at Maddison Gardens against Jarrell Miller. 

The two Wembley dates that Eddie made such big noise over, looks unlikely. 

Appreciate AJ holds the belts but they’ve been left begind by Wilder & Fury. Has greed got to much for Team AJ?

Eddie Hearn (& to a degree AJ) have rested on their laurels. Yes, Wembley for Klitschko was a great night, great fight, everything the public could want.

Since then his fights haven't matched the entertainment factor. Takam & Parker were drawn out affairs and Povetkin was a one sided simple business. Since then Fury & Wilder have filled the void, giving people the classic 'best v best' we all want to see.

Fury won bigger respect more so from coming back to depression and fighting the world title holder after only 2 low level warm up fights. It proves he's not scared to get in there and have a go.

I get the desire to fight in America, but Miller should be a simple victory for AJ. It seems money, and a perfect record, speak more volumes than winning universal public acclaim by fighting the best (I'm thinking your Sugar Ray Robinsons, Pacquiaos etc.). I'd respect him more for fighting Fury and Wilder in 1 year and losing both than for hand picking fights like Povetkin, Miller, Pulev et al.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, daored said:

But surely AJ is being left behind ? Is it bad management by Eddie?

I think the cut challengers to AJ are demanding has outstripped any sense. Whyte has no belts and wants 40%, Fury has no belts and wants 50% and a joint BT/ Sky box office broadcast and Wilder's team won't even talk at 50/50. It's difficult to see what else they can do atm.

That said the Miller fight is utter shit. Whyte, Breazeale, Takam, Parker and Povertin are all far better than him. Fair play for talking himself into it but he's made for Joshua imo, it won't go past 5.

Edited by Stortz

2 minutes ago, Undy English said:

I'd respect him more for fighting Fury and Wilder in 1 year and losing both than for hand picking fights like Povetkin, Miller, Pulev et al.

There's no doubt he wants to fight them, why wouldn't he?

As for hand picking, Povetkin and Pulev were both mandatory defences.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stortz said:

I think the cut challengers to AJ are demanding has outstripped any sense. Whyte has no belts and wants 40%, Fury has no belts and wants 50% and a joint BT/ Sky box office broadcast and Wilder's team won't even talk at 50/50. It's difficult to see what else they can do atm.

That said the Miller fight is utter shit. Whyte, Breazeale, Takam, Parker and Povertin are all far better than him. Fair play for talking himself into it but he's made for Joshua imo, it won't go past 5.

Hi @Stortz there is no question that AJ has fought the mandatory opponents, but the fear is he may be left behind by Fury & Wilder. Like someone mentioned the other day those two may fight twice more this year. It’s clearly a ploy by Eddie to get AJ into the American market. I guess the question is has    AJ priced himself out of fights?

22 hours ago, daored said:

Hi @Stortz there is no question that AJ has fought the mandatory opponents, but the fear is he may be left behind by Fury & Wilder. Like someone mentioned the other day those two may fight twice more this year. It’s clearly a ploy by Eddie to get AJ into the American market. I guess the question is has    AJ priced himself out of fights?

Hi mate, I hope you're well.

I don't know about pricing himself out of fights, he's apparently going to get $32m for fighting Miller in New York in June, his career high payday!

Once Fury and Wilder have fought- I agree it may well be twice- then surely one of them v Joshua will take place. I can't see it being in 2019 though.

26 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Hi mate, I hope you're well.

I don't know about pricing himself out of fights, he's apparently going to get $32m for fighting Miller in New York in June, his career high payday!

Once Fury and Wilder have fought- I agree it may well be twice- then surely one of them v Joshua will take place. I can't see it being in 2019 though.

There’s an interesting interview with Whyte on sky sports where he mentions he’s been offered fight with AJ at Wembley. His argument is which I can understand is if he beats AJ and they trigger a rematch clause , AJ gets the higher purse for the second fight. Whyte argues that if he beats AJ he should get the higher purse for the second fight , but Eddie and AJ refuse 

28 minutes ago, daored said:

There’s an interesting interview with Whyte on sky sports where he mentions he’s been offered fight with AJ at Wembley. His argument is which I can understand is if he beats AJ and they trigger a rematch clause , AJ gets the higher purse for the second fight. Whyte argues that if he beats AJ he should get the higher purse for the second fight , but Eddie and AJ refuse 

Yeah, Whyte is claiming that, but Hearn argues it was 50/50 in a rematch in this IFL video- it's well worth a watch actually, Hearn and Whyte bickering is very entertaining!

Can't see Milller being anywhere near good enough to give AJ any problems, fancy an early stoppage and a lot of grumbling afterwards.

Feel a bit sorry for AJ in the respect that some boxing "fans" have turned against him. Its not his fault Wilder's people have been messing him around and it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest he's scared of fighting anyone. 

Find it annoying that some people treat the sport like football in that you have to side with a team and hate everyone else. There's no reason to side with Fury or Joshua, just appreciate a rare time that we've probably got the two best heavyweights in the world.

Hope they both keep winning until they eventually meet. What a fight that would be. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TomF said:

Interesting presser from Fury/Warren.   Signed to ESPN/BT.  Now means Wilder is on Showtime, AJ on DAZN/Sky and Fury on ESPN.  Going to make this harder to sort out the bigger fights.

Also BJS moving up a division and going for the WBO strap.

Yeah it's made a complicated situation far worse. There's no way Wilder Fury 2 happens next now and the chance of an undisputed HW champ is next to zero in the next few years imo.

Good news for Tyson's Bank balance, terrible news for boxing fans.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TomF said:

Hopefully be the end of Jr if he does. I genuinely thought he might be decent early in his career but he's going nowhere unless he sits down and listens to the right people.

To late for that mate,he’s not a youngster anymore so will always revert to type and try to bully his way through,might work with degale if his heart isn’t in it anymore 

17 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

To late for that mate,he’s not a youngster anymore so will always revert to type and try to bully his way through,might work with degale if his heart isn’t in it anymore 

Jnr is convinced DeGale is just after a final payday mate. I think he's underestimating how much Chunky hates him haha.

Eubank has a chance to pick up some points if DeGale takes some rounds off as usual, but other than that he's not getting much change out of tonight imo. I would love to see him get sparked out.

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

Jnr is convinced DeGale is just after a final payday mate. I think he's underestimating how much Chunky hates him haha.

Eubank has a chance to pick up some points if DeGale takes some rounds off as usual, but other than that he's not getting much change out of tonight imo. I would love to see him get sparked out.

Don’t think degale has the power to spark him out but let’s hope there are good streams out there,bein 3 will have no buffering and is always solid but would prefer English because french is not my strong point 

25 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Evening all, I wonder if Degale will take a breather on the ropes like his channel 5 days, or Eubank won't let him.. 

Caught up with a couple of American shows I recorded, Lopez looked very good and Krusher won his title back.. 

Evening Bird, I hope you're doing ok.

The prospect of Kovalev v Mundo excites me greatly!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Don’t think degale has the power to spark him out but let’s hope there are good streams out there,bein 3 will have no buffering and is always solid but would prefer English because french is not my strong point 

I know mate, we can but hope though!