IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

22 hours ago, JonDolman said:

AJ and Fury rumoured to be offered a record site fee of 150 million dollars. Hearn says probably happening in Saudi Arabia.

So I guess that means 75 million dollars each even before the astronomical numbers it will do on PPV. Surely it will be the most fighters earn from one fight of all time.

Hearn seems confident it will happen this year. I think the plan is August.

I'm 100% confident it'll happen this summer unless one of them picks up an injury. Arum and Hearn have indicated it will indeed be in Saudi.

I'm pretty confident it'll be on 24/07 in fact rather than August- the main reason being we're due to go on holiday to a place in Cornwall with eff all internet that same morning.

Not looking forward to telling the kids that their holiday has been shortened by a day if so haha.

4 hours ago, Stortz said:

I'm 100% confident it'll happen this summer unless one of them picks up an injury. Arum and Hearn have indicated it will indeed be in Saudi.

I'm pretty confident it'll be on 24/07 in fact rather than August- the main reason being we're due to go on holiday to a place in Cornwall with eff all internet that same morning.

Not looking forward to telling the kids that their holiday has been shortened by a day if so haha.

Has Hearn made many fights like this with Arum and Warren? I’m a casual but from memory it’s always been difficult getting Matchroom vs BT fights on. From Warren’s comments today there seems to be issues around obligations in the contact? It almost reminds me of the Wilder - AJ negotiations. 

Then again, you’d think this upfront location purse and 50/50 split would solve these problems. As you said it must be 100% on as it’s clearly in the interest of both fighters. 

17 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Has Hearn made many fights like this with Arum and Warren? I’m a casual but from memory it’s always been difficult getting Matchroom vs BT fights on. From Warren’s comments today there seems to be issues around obligations in the contact? It almost reminds me of the Wilder - AJ negotiations. 

Then again, you’d think this upfront location purse and 50/50 split would solve these problems. As you said it must be 100% on as it’s clearly in the interest of both fighters. 

Every other promotion pales in comparison to this of course, but yes, despite fairly spiky relations, they've all worked together several times before- Felix Cash v Denzel Bentley just last weekend was a Matchroom v Queensbury fight, if not a co-promotion.

Despite the jockying (and Hearn's terrible Arum impression!), there's simply too much money and interest in this for it to not happen imo- especially given the global uncertainty around Covid. As you say, the fact that the split is publicly established for both fights denies anyone the chance to flounce on negotiations then claim they were wrecked by one boxer's financial demands.

None of the parties- promoters, management teams, fighters or broadcast partners- will be able to make anything like these amounts for the foreseeable future without this fight and its sequel(s) going ahead.

15 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Every other promotion pales in comparison to this of course, but yes, despite fairly spiky relations, they've all worked together several times before- Felix Cash v Denzel Bentley just last weekend was a Matchroom v Queensbury fight, if not a co-promotion.

Despite the jockying (and Hearn's terrible Arum impression!), there's simply too much money and interest in this for it to not happen imo- especially given the global uncertainty around Covid. As you say, the fact that the split is publicly established for both fights denies anyone the chance to flounce on negotiations then claim they were wrecked by one boxer's financial demands.

None of the parties- promoters, management teams, fighters or broadcast partners- will be able to make anything like these amounts for the foreseeable future without this fight and its sequel(s) going ahead.

That’s very true and also the case if you bring in this being a rare opportunity to unify the division. I don’t fully understands how it works and I haven’t heard anything about Fury possibly fighting Whyte. Joshua could be mandated to fight Usyk or Martin though as I understand. 

3 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Great display from Sunny Edwards last night, (probably didn't drop a single round) 

We are promised a new more aggressive Andy Lee inspired Parker tonight, I think he should win on points... 

Evening bird, I've been looking forward to this card.

I think Katie Taylor v Tasha Jones is a brilliant fight and Craig Richards has a great opportunity against a possibly rusty, post Covid Bivol.

I see Billy Joe Saunders has promised Morrison £10k if he can knock Eubank Jnr out. I'm interested to see Jonny Fisher again too

As for the main, I really don't know how Chisora can be such a diva with his journeyman record haha. Neither him or Parker- who stank the place out beating Fa recently- deserve to be headlining a ppv.

Taylor Jonas should be the headliner imo.

http://crackstreams.is/boxingstreams/watch-dazn-chisora-vs-parker/

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Bit disappointed that Richards didn't roll the dice a bit more, but going the distance with a clearly superior Bivol obviously looks good on his resume, and he didn't get disgraced or ktfo.

Evening all..  

looked a bit cosy, didn't it, perhaps a crowd would have spurred him on a bit more.. 

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

Evening bird, I've been looking forward to this card.

I think Katie Taylor v Tasha Jones is a brilliant fight and Craig Richards has a great opportunity against a possibly rusty, post Covid Bivol.

I see Billy Joe Saunders has promised Morrison £10k if he can knock Eubank Jnr out. I'm interested to see Jonny Fisher again too

As for the main, I really don't know how Chisora can be such a diva with his journeyman record haha. Neither him or Parker- who stank the place out beating Fa recently- deserve to be headlining a ppv.

Taylor Jonas should be the headliner imo.

http://crackstreams.is/boxingstreams/watch-dazn-chisora-vs-parker/

Really looking forward to the Katie Taylor Tasha Jones fight,who would of thought we would be saying that 10 years ago

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stortz said:

How the **** can you become more boring after being trained by RJJ?

Is Eubank's cardio so awful he can't sustain an attack? It makes no sense, he looks ripped to shreds.

Perhaps it's his punch power.. 

Odd isn't it.

I was Intruiged to see what RJJ could do for him, but even making allowances for rust, he still slaps instead of punching and takes half a round off at a time to walk around thinking how great he is.

Edit-this is the most sober I've ever seen Kalle haha

Edited by Stortz
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I was Intruiged to see what RJJ could do for him, but even making allowances for rust, he still slaps instead of punching and takes half a round off at a time to walk around thinking how great he is.

Edit-this is the most sober I've ever seen Kalle haha

Me too.. 

Degale used to spend 2-3 rounds  on the ropes as well.. 

Edited by B1ackbird

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

Well that was huge improvement from Hatton. Still far from convinced, but there's something there for a 20 year old.

It will take a lot to emerge from his dad's shadow. 

Looks keen, needs Manchester behind him.. 

But why not, bcfc rocked Main Rd, or whatever they called it now..