IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Evening all, half decent Matchroom card tonight.

Okolie is fairly unlikeable as a fighter with his awkward, economical style and is an unengaging character too,  but will surely have far too much for a fading Glowacki-despite the far higher level that the latter has operated at.

13 minutes ago, TomF said:

It’s better than nothing!  Whyte / Povetkin next weekend too I think 

Yeah it is, an absolute joke of a ppv haha.

The main, which Whyte will win easily this time, Fabio Wardley v Eric Molina and Cambpell Hatton's bloody debut as well as Ted Cheeseman, all yours for £20. I think the **** not Edward.

32 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Evening all.. 

Okolie, 16 fights to win a world title.. 

Is he "sweet Pea"? 

Nah. 

Interesting gamble though... 

Evening Bird, hope you're well!

Not too much of a gamble imo, I can't see Okolie losing- it is possible he might bore us all to death before winning though!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TomF said:

Fury/Tyson is going to be 50 large isn’t it?

Haha, can't wait for Eddie's pitch.

'Well, as the Crown Prince was brave enough to pay the £200m site fee, diverting valuable resources from the international death squads, £49.99 is an absolute bargain'

edit- Berterbiev with another debilitating ko tonight, he is one heavy handed mofo

Edited by Stortz

7 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Haha, can't wait for Eddie's pitch.

'Well, as the Crown Prince was brave enough to pay the £200m site fee, diverting valuable resources from the international death squads, £49.99 is an absolute bargain'

Well, I've got a pair of Canelo's pajamas on so, **** you lot, £49.76 is a reasonable price... 

On 24/03/2021 at 18:14, B1ackbird said:

Povetkin v White 2. Should be White's but Povetkin will know he's cleaned him out previously... 

Should be an interesting one. I make Whyte the favourite as Povetkin suffered with covid for ages. He may have had some 'help' recovering though. 

I'd like Povetkin to win really because then Whyte will be shoehorned into conversations concerning the top guys when he isn't really at that level. 

15 minutes ago, TomF said:

If Whyte loses IMO he's done with any chance at a belt. 

Yep. He's probably top 10 but will always lose against the top guys. He was winning the first Povetkin fight fairly comfortably so I wouldn't be surprised if he wins this. 

I think him vs Wilder would be fun though. I just don't want Hearn to try and use Whyte to fight Usyk (who really should be eventually fighting the winner of Joshua vs Fury provided he beats Joyce)

On 25/03/2021 at 09:50, Super said:

Only just noticed it's taking place in Gibraltar? What's that all about?!

It's because Dillian was training in Portugal and at the time the venue was confirmed the country was still on our red list, meaning a mandatory 2 week hotel isolation when he returned to the UK. Not the best end to a training camp!

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Should be an interesting one. I make Whyte the favourite as Povetkin suffered with covid for ages. He may have had some 'help' recovering though.

image.png.488483ae1f503547fbcb8a17d812c877.png

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep. He's probably top 10 but will always lose against the top guys. He was winning the first Povetkin fight fairly comfortably so I wouldn't be surprised if he wins this. 

I think him vs Wilder would be fun though. I just don't want Hearn to try and use Whyte to fight Usyk (who really should be eventually fighting the winner of Joshua vs Fury provided he beats Joyce)

Agree with you mate, Whyte was easily lighting Povetkin up before walking onto that uppercut. It was a last throw of the dice from Sasha and Dillian was dopey enough to eat it. I can't see it going beyond 4 rounds.

Interested to see Hatton Jnr but it's clearly not going to last long, matey he's fighting has fought 10, lost them all and hasn't been in a ring since June 2019! Fabio Wardley v the ghost of Eric Molina may be ok, but Eddie will not be getting £20 out of me for this haha.

Edited by Stortz