IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

Shields goes the same way in under 4 rounds.  Wouldn’t surprise me if she wants none of it despite the trash talk 

Marshall walks her down and sparks her out for sure. Shields is a great boxer but has no pop.

There's no way she can keep Savannah off her for 10 rounds.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Tommy Fury ffs. Anything worth watching?

May be an image of 8 people and text that says "BT SPORT B OFFICE FURY WHYTE UNDERCARD ANTHONY ANTHONYCACACE CACACE ۷ ROMERO ISAAC ISAACLOWE LOWE V BALL DAVID AVIDADELEYE ADELEYE ۷ HEALEY TOMMY FURY V BOCIANSKI KAROL KAROLITAUMA ITAUMA V CIACH ROYSTON ROYSTONBARNEY-SMITH BARNEY-SMITH V WALTON"

Undercard is dreadful. Thankfully the main event is very good, but they clearly spent their entire budget on it with little regard for the undercard.

Matchroom and Sky, often deservedly, get lots of criticism - but their undercards are never this poor for a big fight. It's probably BT's biggest ever boxing match. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Super said:

Tommy Fury ffs. Anything worth watching?

May be an image of 8 people and text that says "BT SPORT B OFFICE FURY WHYTE UNDERCARD ANTHONY ANTHONYCACACE CACACE ۷ ROMERO ISAAC ISAACLOWE LOWE V BALL DAVID AVIDADELEYE ADELEYE ۷ HEALEY TOMMY FURY V BOCIANSKI KAROL KAROLITAUMA ITAUMA V CIACH ROYSTON ROYSTONBARNEY-SMITH BARNEY-SMITH V WALTON"

Speaking of the main event, I am really looking forward to this.

I think the outcome basically depends on Fury's shape and mindset. For Wilder 3, he was clearly distracted with the complications around his new baby, the arbitration and knocking around with too many hangers on out in the States.

This time he's had a full camp in the UK, no real distractions and some high level training/sparring partners in the likes of Parker/Bakole (shame Jared Anderson got injured). Also got Big Baby Miller over (probably to simulate fighting against someone rough and strong like Whyte).

If Fury is in good shape (ala Wilder 2) and takes it seriously, which it appears he's doing, I expect him to win fairly easily and look good doing it. Probably similar to Chisora 2 but with a knock out.

If he's lost a step (he is 33 now) and/or hasn't taken it seriously then it could be quite interesting. He's still the heavy favourite for me regardless though. 

13 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Undercard is dreadful. Thankfully the main event is very good, but they clearly spent their entire budget on it with little regard for the undercard.

Matchroom and Sky, often deservedly, get lots of criticism - but their undercards are never this poor for a big fight. It's probably BT's biggest ever boxing match. 

It's insultingly bad haha. Isaac Lowe ffs. Tommy Fury is absolute shite.

You're right, if Hearn had put this under a Joshua PPV, he'd have been slaughtered.

I think Whyte is going to surprise a lot of people in this fight. I'm not saying he's going to win, but I think he'll give Tyson a much tougher night than many people are expecting.

12 hours ago, TomF said:

It's just a shame Whyte isn't doing any presser on the build up to this.   I was really looking forward to the two of them going at it. 

However it might also be a very clever tactic from Whyte.  Fury cannot enter his mind game strategy that's worked for him quite well v Wlad/Wilder etc. 

I think he's contractually obliged to attend the pre fight presser, if not the earlier ones.

edit- my boy GGG on Saturday too in a tricky fight v Murata to line up the 3rd shot at Canelo. I'll be huddled over a phone in BS3 watching that before kick off- ringwalks are around 1300 as it's in Japan.

Edited by Stortz

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Who doesn’t love ggg,a clean hard as nails boxer,while Fury and Canelo eat the boar meat this lad just keeps doing what he always has 

What a bloke. Love him.

It's a shame he's had to wait until he's over 40 to try to avenge himself on Canelo, but he'll give it a ******* good go.

• Flames 1

I remember everyone writing off Whyte in the AJ fight and i was telling everyone who would listen, that this was a real fight. Everyone assumed it was an easy fight.

The same here. Fury wont have an easy night. He will probably get the win, but Dillian whyte wont make it easy for him and fury needs to watch out for that left hook.

Cant wait.

3 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Boxing galore tonight...

?

I don't think the card on BT need detain us mate.

Boxxer will be good fun I'm sure, the format guarantees exciting fights. The DAZN card is decent other than the main (and Campbell Hatton) too.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1