IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

3 hours ago, TomF said:

A scapegoat really, as many boxing commentators have already said - at best Taylor won about 4-5 rounds tops and suffered a knockdown.  So the other two scoring it by one round either way is still an injustice.

I don't know mate, his card is the most batshit crazy of them all by a distance!

3 hours ago, Slacker said:

Could this be used for a potential appeal?I assume not.

There is no appeal beyond this, which is essentially the BBBofC  having a token look at things. There's nothing they can order at all beyond writing to the various sanctioning bodies advising their opinion that Catterall should be made mandatory challenger for the belts. As Taylor is vacating them all to move up anyway, it's entirely academic beyond trying to save face.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

I don't know mate, his card is the most batshit crazy of them all by a distance!

There is no appeal beyond this, which is essentially the BBBofC  having a token look at things. There's nothing they can order at all beyond writing to the various sanctioning bodies advising their opinion that Catterall should be made mandatory challenger for the belts. As Taylor is vacating them all to move up anyway, it's entirely academic beyond trying to save face.

Seems a bit of an empty gesture then.

20 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I  definitely fancy Wood tonight mate, he's bigger and stronger than Conlan.

It should be a cracking atmosphere.

Should be great mate, Conlans brother was entertaining because he turned every fight into a war..

The Irish already had one gift today.( the rugby) Wood very underrated 4/1 KO/TKO a decent price.

4 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Should be great mate, Conlans brother was entertaining because he turned every fight into a war..

The Irish already had one gift today.( the rugby) Wood very underrated 4/1 KO/TKO a decent price.

He was a fantastic amateur, but Conlan's style doesn't seem to have translated to the pros all that well and his lack of pop doesn't help.

Wood properly believes in himself now after the demolition job on Xu Can. He seems to have taken being the A side in his stride this week too.

9 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

My god DAZN shows are a painful watch. The constant montages between fights are so long and dull.

Costello’s commentary the saving grace. 

He's brilliant isn't he. The best current commentator in any sport imo.

Edited by Stortz

28 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Has been for sometime imo. He's brilliant on athletics comms too. 

Fancy Wood too. Seems like a decent amount of Irish have made it over so should be some atmosphere. 

I'm not an athletics fan but I'll take your word for it.  He has a fantastic economy in his delivery but paints vivid pictures at the same time. Like the very best, he well appreciates when you need to say nothing!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I'm not an athletics fan but I'll take your word for it.  He has a fantastic economy in his delivery but paints vivid pictures at the same time. Like the very best, he well appreciates when you need to say nothing!

It's just a shame he couldn't continue on Buncies podcast ..

• Like 1