IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

• Admin
1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Just saw the seams they're complaining about on Sky Sports News, they're less than a millimeter proud.

Think it's just some mind games from Usyk's team tbh.

I thought the same, though I have been known to trip over an invisible step on more than one occasion

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

For all those with IPTV, are we expecting streams of the fight to be stable this weekend or would it be best to pay for the PPV just to be sure? Would hate to see buffering for this one!

Asking for a friend obviously! 😉

There will be masses and masses of streams of every variety for this one I'm sure.

34 minutes ago, Stortz said:

There will be masses and masses of streams of every variety for this one I'm sure.

Yea I've got not worries about the accessibility of the streams, my worry is the stability of them. Often they can buffer/crash, especially as the main event starts and traffic builds, and I'd be livid if it starting messing about during this one! This is the big one, and I don't know whether to risk it or take the plunge with the PPV as a one-off! 

44 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm tempted to buy this one purely for fear of the link pausing at the wrong moment 

Exactly my thoughts. Would be fuming if the link dropped/buffered just as the fight is getting going! For a huge one off event like this I think I might suck it up and pay the money, just to be 100% sure.

• Admin

I don't know if anyone else feels the same but over the last 12-18 months or so I have become tired of listening to Tyson Fury and his antics, but the way that he has handled himself recently has been a real breath of fresh air

Listening to him yesterday and his SSN interviews he seems to actually be talking with his head and none of this usual, "Going to knock him out", "Sausage" etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I don't know if anyone else feels the same but over the last 12-18 months or so I have become tired of listening to Tyson Fury and his antics, but the way that he has handled himself recently has been a real breath of fresh air

Listening to him yesterday and his SSN interviews he seems to actually be talking with his head and none of this usual, "Going to knock him out", "Sausage" etc

Agreed. When he drops all that nonsense he comes across as a very knowledgeable, calm, respectful guy, and much more likeable. I know all that stuff is for the cameras and the social media etc, and he isn't really like that at all in 'real life', but much prefer seeing him in this serious/respectful state.

• Like 2

I had my doubts whether we'd ever see this fight but it's close now and I'm getting very excited. You have to treasure undisputed heavyweight bouts, they're the pinnacle of the sport.

The whole card is very good tbh, I have no problem paying for this event. Krusher is back for a start!

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Fair points, but that 90s boy band waistcoat/ hat combo yesterday was genuinely atrocious.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Agree. Though I think it's only because he's realised his usual antics won't bother Usyk. 

Plus there doesn't need to be any controversy to sell this fight. 

Fingers crossed it's a cracker. 

• Like 2

• Admin
42 minutes ago, Stortz said:

The whole card is very good tbh, I have no problem paying for this event. Krusher is back for a start!

I know it is being mentioned that ring walks are due to be 11pm (UK time) I'd bet it is the other side of 11:30pm

Not seen any expected times for the undercard anywhere yet - but I doubt I will be tuning in at 4pm

• Jai Opetaia vs Mairis Briedis – for vacant IBF cruiserweight title
  • Joe Cordina vs Anthony Kakache
  • Mark Chamberlain vs Joshua Oluwaseun Wahab
  • Sergey Kovalev vs Robin Safar
  • Isaac Lowe vs Hasibullah Ahmadi
  • David Nika vs Michael Seitz
  • Moses Itauma vs Ilja Mezencev
  • Agit Kabayel vs Frank Sanchez

26 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Given this is to unify the heavyweight division, the build up and hype seems to have been very low key, almost nonexistent 

Assume you aren't on social media? Inescapable on twitter. On BBC Sounds you'll find several Bunce pods from this week too. 

29 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Given this is to unify the heavyweight division, the build up and hype seems to have been very low key, almost nonexistent 

Prob because of where its taking place

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Fury is certainly fired up for it now! He's not playing it calm anymore! Usyk not affected by it at all though, ice cold! Great weight in that, buzzing for tomorrow now! 

Now we know why Sky didn't show Fury's interview lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Agree. Though I think it's only because he's realised his usual antics won't bother Usyk. 

Plus there doesn't need to be any controversy to sell this fight. 

Fingers crossed it's a cracker. 

Sometimes two boxers lead to a chess match and can be quite boring.

7 hours ago, phantom said:

This aged well mate!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ashton Yate said:

Fury is certainly fired up for it now! He's not playing it calm anymore! Usyk not affected by it at all though, ice cold! Great weight in that, buzzing for tomorrow now! 

I thought the ice cold demeanour slipped. Definitely had a worried look to him when he saw Fury fired up. 

I think Fury has played a blinder with the mind games. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I thought the ice cold demeanour slipped. Definitely had a worried look to him when he saw Fury fired up. 

Bloke's country is invaded by a nuclear superpower and he's in military uniform armed with an AK47 heading for the frontline, but a shouty Manc wearing his baseball cap back-to-front screaming "you're gonna get it" is what tips him over the edge 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

Predctions for tonight? I've said it all along, and think even more so after this week, that Tyson will win it. Won't be easy by any stretch as Usyk is exceptionally good, but if Tyson is at his best (both physically, and most importantly, mentally) then he will be too much for Usyk. Think the first half of the fight will be close, but can see the last 3 rounds being absolutely epic! Here's hoping for a cracker! 🥊

22 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Predctions for tonight? I've said it all along, and think even more so after this week, that Tyson will win it. Won't be easy by any stretch as Usyk is exceptionally good, but if Tyson is at his best (both physically, and most importantly, mentally) then he will be too much for Usyk. Think the first half of the fight will be close, but can see the last 3 rounds being absolutely epic! Here's hoping for a cracker! 🥊

I think Usyks best chance would have been if Tyson didn't take it seriously. 

As it happens Tyson has been the most professional he has ever been. Looks to be in the shape of his life both physically and mentally. 

It's going to be an interesting fight but I think Tyson will have too much for Usyk. Although I am worried about that cut being opened up. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think Usyks best chance would have been if Tyson didn't take it seriously. 

As it happens Tyson has been the most professional he has ever been. Looks to be in the shape of his life both physically and mentally. 

It's going to be an interesting fight but I think Tyson will have too much for Usyk. Although I am worried about that cut being opened up. 

Agreed. The cut could be a concern if it opens up. Although he got through the Wallin fight with a horrible cut.

2 hours ago, Ashton Yate said:

A lot depends on the ref tonight,if he allows a lot of leaning by fury then that will swing it fury’s way,if he’s a early breaker then that plays right into USYK shoes

• Like 3