IGNORED

Cotterill Official Interview Post Match Comments

Lack of Action Man

I like his interviews. Nothing wrong with being true to yourself. He doesn't come on the camera and spout the usual crap. I personally don't think he's done nothing wrong so far this season. Even on the tactics front and I'm glad he's stuck with the 352 up till now. I do thinks he will have to change the system soon though.

I get the line of argument that he can be a bad loser and reel out the excuses but he can't be tarred with that brush for every interview. I feel he quite often says it as it is and that, for me, is what he did yesterday - admitted we let in some soft goals but complained, with good reason, about a decision that was a game changer. Nothing controversial there imo.

I was around Worcester and could pick up radio Bristol when he was interviewed. I thought he came across quite well. Went on a bit about the pen, but acknowledged that work to be done defensively. Didn't have a go at the reporter or try to put him down! I was quite surprised at how balanced he was considering some of his previous interviews.

I thought he was reasoned and struck exactly the right tone - disappointed, determined, expressing confidence in the teams ability , realistic about the average performance of the new players and appropriately upbeat about turning things round.  He handled himself well in the interview. 

He detests losing and there are times when that trait means post match interviews are difficult listening. I think earlier in the season he had higher expectations and was stressed by the transfer dealings or lack of them and now he has come to terms with that and is fixated on getting us up the table.   He is a winner and I don't mind the fact that he is not slow to point this out.

He'll turn things around and there will probably be one or two *****ly post match interviews. That's probably a good thing as it highlights how much he cares for the Club and of course for his own ambitions as a manager.  I can't think of a better manager to move us up and get us competing more effectively in the Championship. As he pointed out he did it when we were bottom of league 1 and he will do it again albeit not to the same extent in this league of course.

I thought he was reasoned and struck exactly the right tone - disappointed, determined, expressing confidence in the teams ability , realistic about the average performance of the new players and appropriately upbeat about turning things round.  He handled himself well in the interview. 

He detests losing and there are times when that trait means post match interviews are difficult listening. I think earlier in the season he had higher expectations and was stressed by the transfer dealings or lack of them and now he has come to terms with that and is fixated on getting us up the table.   He is a winner and I don't mind the fact that he is not slow to point this out.

He'll turn things around and there will probably be one or two *****ly post match interviews. That's probably a good thing as it highlights how much he cares for the Club and of course for his own ambitions as a manager.  I can't think of a better manager to move us up and get us competing more effectively in the Championship. As he pointed out he did it when we were bottom of league 1 and he will do it again albeit not to the same extent in this league of course.

Also worth remembering that our defence was like a leaky sieve before SC joined and look how he turned it around, even before last season. 

Brining in Baker and Moore, while they may not have been first choices at the start of the summer, hopefully reflects that SC sees the problems in defence and is prepared to make changes to improve things at the back. If so, it shows that he is not going to blindly loyal to the promotion team personnel and will make the right decisions for the benefit of the team. 

Archived