IGNORED

Kodjia

Dastardly and Muttley

Take a bit of the sting out of our seeming inability to attract a forward in the window; seems we had a decent goal scorer all along.

Key part for me is that he not only seems to score 'good' goals (that volley yesterday was very good) but also gets in and looks to poach chances too.  He mobile for a big lad, and used that well.

I add my voice to the calls for him to partner with Agard, even if for a short while toward the end of games; Wilbraham is still a hard working and useful option, but just feel the mobility of Agard might help take the game to opponents in a way we can't with Wilbraham.

Take a bit of the sting out of our seeming inability to attract a forward in the window; seems we had a decent goal scorer all along.

Key part for me is that he not only seems to score 'good' goals (that volley yesterday was very good) but also gets in and looks to poach chances too.  He mobile for a big lad, and used that well.

I add my voice to the calls for him to partner with Agard, even if for a short while toward the end of games; Wilbraham is still a hard working and useful option, but just feel the mobility of Agard might help take the game to opponents in a way we can't with Wilbraham.

I also want agard to partner him  or put Reid alongside Freeman and then we can flood the midfield and make better use of our high percentage of possession.  

I hope we're out scouting the foreign leagues in preparation for January/summer transfers.

There are players out there of Kodjias calibre who aren't over priced like the British players

The french and German second leagues will be good places to look. Scandinavia also.

Cheaper than English players indeed!

If we wrote some words to be sung to the tune of La Marseillaise (not all of it), that could work. Means it wouldn't matter if Kodjia didn't understand us because of the tune, and no one would have to humiliate themselves trying to sing in French!

And people say that the game has become too middle class :-).

If he keeps on scoring like he is and we're struggling can see the teams fighting for promotion trying to get him, not that I think we'd let him leave for a quick 100% profit and definitely hope we won't after the scouting we did to get a player of his quality as there's a lot more to come from this one imo.

Also would love to see him alongside Agard as others have mentioned as reckon we'll get even more goals if not from him from the others around him.

Said since the Brentford game the bloke is class, just watched the highlights of Saturday and he busts a gut to get back for a Birmingham breakaway. The lad has it all and if he carries on he may get a move to the prem next summer. As others have said him and Agard upfront would be worth trying, with Wilbs not looking up to much at this level im afraid to say, Preston are short of pace at the back and would struggle with that pairing imo.

I'm loving his enthusiasm and rawness, at times it's like having Albert back again in a way. Totally unpredictable but it gets bums off seats when he has the ball. I didn't think he was lazy, perhaps the opposite that at times he seemed to be chasing totally lost causes. This wasted a lot of energy and along with adjusting to the Championship etc was seeing him burnt out just into the second half. Maybe he is learning to time his runs more efficiently and getting fitter as he is playing longer with good results.

Some days a brace of goals will win you the match, his day is coming soon.

with Robison and or Reid on the pitch he looks like scoring every attempt, both are intelligent players full of confidence that play to his trengths and that getting him to tun onto balls not hold it up in the area.

Agard came on a lot last year but clearly he's not match fit, maybe a loan where he scores goals, gets match fit and comes back full of confidence.

Agard came on a lot last year but clearly he's not match fit, maybe a loan where he scores goals, gets match fit and comes back full of confidence.

Despite our additions, we really cannot afford to be loaning out first team players right now - I don't for one moment think his confidence is a problem; more the opportunity/inclination to use him by SC, and if it is a fitness issue, I don't think it would be worth our while sending him elsewhere.

Although unlikely, part of me wonders if he might start tonight; to get the best out of Wilbraham, I don't think we can expect him to play 90 minutes every game, and so far that is what he's done on all but one occasion in the league.  Was understandable that when we had next to zero other options, he would likely start and play, but now I think we've other selections we can make.

Additionally; some made the point that he adds height to our set pieces (both attacking and defending), something we lacked elsewhere.  But what with Baker now looking likely to play, I'd say we've gone some way to remedying that.

Personally I'd prefer us to look to the future somewhat, and play our younger players.  Wilbraham rolled back the years last time out, but he is 36 next month, and I don't see him being on the playing staff here next year, while Agard most likely will, if he settles at this level.  Give him a shot now.

Despite our additions, we really cannot afford to be loaning out first team players right now - I don't for one moment think his confidence is a problem; more the opportunity/inclination to use him by SC, and if it is a fitness issue, I don't think it would be worth our while sending him elsewhere.

Although unlikely, part of me wonders if he might start tonight; to get the best out of Wilbraham, I don't think we can expect him to play 90 minutes every game, and so far that is what he's done on all but one occasion in the league.  Was understandable that when we had next to zero other options, he would likely start and play, but now I think we've other selections we can make.

Additionally; some made the point that he adds height to our set pieces (both attacking and defending), something we lacked elsewhere.  But what with Baker now looking likely to play, I'd say we've gone some way to remedying that.

Personally I'd prefer us to look to the future somewhat, and play our younger players.  Wilbraham rolled back the years last time out, but he is 36 next month, and I don't see him being on the playing staff here next year, while Agard most likely will, if he settles at this level.  Give him a shot now.

Well said. Agard deserves a start, especially after scoring and looking dangerous against Leeds. Preston are slow at the back, him and Kodia would cause them real problems imo. WIlbs was great last year and I appreciate him scoring the goals to get us out of league 1, but in truth I don't think he is up to this level anymore.

Hitting a volley first time with the ball coming over the shoulder isn't a sitter tbf.

If it is for you get yourself up PNE now and replace Wilbs, please!

I havent seen it again on TV do can only go by what I remember which could be wrong. I remember thinking instead of taking the volly he had time to take a touch with his chest and control it and would have then been in a better position to score.

Archived