IGNORED

Burger King for the lads

gavlin

the wife and I are doing some of that this evening when I finish work. 

In my "naughty days" many moons back I bonded with someone else's wife in the Premier Inn outside Bromsgrove.

Unfortunately her husband found out.

Even more unfortunately, he was built like a brick shithouse and had been inside for ABH.

Right. Well that starts a debate. One that OTIB can be proud of.

The perfect 8 piece breakfast. Assume that tea/coffee/juice is automatically included, likewise toast or fried bread, and you have 8 items to select. Also assume the menu includes eggs the way you like them and all usual brekkie items.

2 bacon? Thats two items.

Mushrooms?  That's one.

Knock yourself out kids, how would you order? Me?

2 Sausage

1 Bacon

2 scrambled eggs

1 hash brown

1 mushroom

Beans.

To be clear, coffee and fried bread as well.

Item count:

1: bacon

2: bacon

3: poached egg

4: poached egg

5: mushroom

6: sausage:  only if cooked on all sides, don't present a crispy top side and hide the raw underbelly 

7: grilled tomato

8: beans

coffee and toast.  

Items that can GTFO:  fried bread, hash browns, black pudding, white pudding

Item count:

1: bacon

2: bacon

3: poached egg

4: poached egg

5: mushroom

6: sausage:  only if cooked on all sides, don't present a crispy top side and hide the raw underbelly 

7: grilled tomato

8: beans

coffee and toast.  

Items that can GTFO:  fried bread, hash browns, black pudding, white pudding

No way. Re-add black pudding and drop beans.

Baked beans at breakfast time is just so wrong.

In this modern times of talk of high quality balance diets for football players. Just stopped at Hopwood services and Burger King was full of the city squad ordering and eating burgers. Love it just shows they need there carbs. Off for a few pints at the hotel to wash them down!!!

thanks for the photographic evidence there . There can be absolutely No doubt now that you are not talking absolute and total bollocks.

In this modern times of talk of high quality balance diets for football players. Just stopped at Hopwood services and Burger King was full of the city squad ordering and eating burgers. Love it just shows they need there carbs. Off for a few pints at the hotel to wash them down!!!

thanks for the photographic evidence there . There can be absolutely No doubt now that you are not talking absolute and total bollocks.

that spooky parallel universe thingy again !

DANGER

do not read this post .

I did a Robbie Fowler once and as the ball came over my shoulder under the floodlights I pinged one first time on the volley (I was out on the wing) and it rifled into the right hand corner of the 5-a-side net.

At least that is what I thought happened?

Then I flew home in like 3 minutes

A treat to a burger king isn't an issue, just regular visits isn't good.

They'd burn off a BK no problem.

It's not the fat content that's the problem mate...it's all the other crap in them...especially Sodium, which can have an effect even just after one meal.

Excessive sodium disrupts your body's water balance and raises your blood pressure, putting you at risk for serious cardiovascular problems. The Institute of Medicine recommends you keep your sodium intake below 2.3 grams a day to protect your heart, but a Burger King Whopper contains more than 60 percent of this, with 1.4 grams. If you eat a large order of french fries with it, your sodium intake increases to more than 2.1 milligrams of sodium in one meal.

I feel really crap the next day after eating them.

Is the bacon smoked or unsmoked? Grilled or fried? Streaky or Back? 

Are the sausages tat like Richmond or a more artisan banger like what you get in Bob Wherlocks/Rare, DR Butts etc? 

This thread has ended up posing more questions than it answers, and I'm ITK FFS 

can only be premium back unsmoked done under a grill.

similarly, you can stick your non-artisan tat sausages where the sun don't shine.

It's not the fat content that's the problem mate...it's all the other crap in them...especially Sodium, which can have an effect even just after one meal.

Excessive sodium disrupts your body's water balance and raises your blood pressure, putting you at risk for serious cardiovascular problems. The Institute of Medicine recommends you keep your sodium intake below 2.3 grams a day to protect your heart, but a Burger King Whopper contains more than 60 percent of this, with 1.4 grams. If you eat a large order of french fries with it, your sodium intake increases to more than 2.1 milligrams of sodium in one meal.

I'm sure they'll survive one burger. 

I'm of the opinion that the science of nutrition is at about the same level of understanding as chemistry was at during the Middle Ages. Take the complete reversal recently of 30 years of advice to avoid saturated fat. It now emerges - from a study of half a million people's diet and health - that fatty meat, dairy (etc) is good for you whereas polyunsaturated fats - originally marketed as "good for the heart" - are bad.

Salt is a current bugbear. The campaign against it is jollied along by a quango of full-time anti-salt campaigners funded by the NHS. 

Now I'm not going to say tbey are right or wrong, but all I know is my grandparents,  who all lived into their late 80s,  used to smother their meals with salt. My first wife's granddad used to.literally pour salt onto everything, claiming he couldn't taste it otherwise. He died at 98 - and not of anything to do with a heart problem. 

I'm of the opinion that the science of nutrition is at about the same level of understanding as chemistry was at during the Middle Ages. Take the complete reversal recently of 30 years of advice to avoid saturated fat. It now emerges - from a study of half a million people's diet and health - that fatty meat, dairy (etc) is good for you whereas polyunsaturated fats - originally marketed as "good for the heart" - are bad.

Salt is a current bugbear. The campaign against it is jollied along by a quango of full-time anti-salt campaigners funded by the NHS. 

Now I'm not going to say tbey are right or wrong, but all I know is my grandparents,  who all lived into their late 80s,  used to smother their meals with salt. My first wife's granddad used to.literally pour salt onto everything, claiming he couldn't taste it otherwise. He died at 98 - and not of anything to do with a heart problem. 

Totally agree mate...All natural organic products that our grandparent ate were good for us. If you could pick it, pull it, kill it, fish it....then eat it.

Unfortunately most products are now pumped full of chemicals and crap....even what we think is natural. Even salt...unless it's natural rock salt.

I know if I eat natural organic products I feel energised and work better. It's all the crap in products that muck around with our health and immune systems. They suggest we will live longer....but all with illnesses....just great....just suffer longer.

I've had dealing with sports nutritionalists in both Professional Skiing and football....none would advice eating products from fast food premises.

Hopefully it is a one off.

I think the dietary advice for athletes is to eat healthily but AFTER the match, run or whatever it is, when you won't be training the following day, you can eat what the hell you like. High fat and carbs is not a problem at that point as you need to get some kind of energy back into your body. By the time Monday comes round after a Saturday game and assuming you don't eat the same crap on the Sunday you will be fine again.

Indeed, bodies like 'The Institute of Medicine' come out with different erroneous scare stories all the time and have often been proved completely wrong, even to the extent of their previous advice causing damage. Their funding should be stopped and all these useless self important quangos scrapped.

My Mum used to say, 'Everything in moderation', and 'A little bit of what you fancy does you good'.

That, including the occasional burger, will do for me.

I think the dietary advice for athletes is to eat healthily but AFTER the match, run or whatever it is, when you won't be training the following day, you can eat what the hell you like. High fat and carbs is not a problem at that point as you need to get some kind of energy back into your body. By the time Monday comes round after a Saturday game and assuming you don't eat the same crap on the Sunday you will be fine again.

Far from it fella....after exercise, you have to replenish all the nutrients you have lost....especially with good protein and rehydration.

Your body is like a sponge after a hard workout...it absorbs everything. You put shit into it, then it won't repair itself properly and it will have a knock on effect to your next performance.

Perhaps that's why so many Foreign coach's are shocked at what British players consume. I know there has been massive changes with diets at clubs.

You're all nuts. Its clearly:

3 x smoked back bacon

2 x grilled pork sausages

2 x fried egg

2 x hash browns

2 x piece of black pudding

2 x slices of white toast w/butter

big dollop of beans. 

Mug of tea, though I'll allow coffee. And if anyone suggests a Source other than brown to accompany it, you're dead to me. Ketchup is for fish and chips and little girls

Bloody hell I'm hungry now...

Archived