IGNORED

Prediction League: Reading (H)

RedYoshi

Bristol City v Reading  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A thumping 4-2 win for City, taking a few more of those chances at last.

H/T 2-0

First goalscorer; Kodjia 9 mins., followed by Kodjia 27 mins., Blackman 50 mins., Kodjia (*hat trick) 68mins, Obita 74 mins., Agard 84 mins.

Thunderous roar and standing ovation: 94 mins, Kodjia carried off perilously on Flint's shoulders.

Number cautioned for swearing: 624

Possession: City 53% Reading 47%

Rotherham 1 Cardiff 1

Ringo the most popular Beatle? Bah. Longevity has worked against Paul, plus the misguided thinking that everyone wants to hear Hey Jude ad nauseum. Try Things We Said Today or Maxwell's Silver Hammer for a change, 'Macca'.

Hi Yoshi. 

1st I need to apologise for my lack of Preston prediction. I've got bronchitis and it hurts... :ill:

(just out of interest, where will you collect your possession stats from? BBC sport?) 

Hey!

No apology required. That's the first rule of this #GOTIB15to16CPL. Or at least it should be. Hope you're feeling better!

And to both you and @Gilts: yes, probably BBC Sport.. Might see what the City site says too, and maybe one other source to crosscheck and balance, but probably will just go with BBC Sport. In fact, I've already ruled out crosschecking and balancing as quickly as it took me to type it, so yes - BBC Sport.

RedYoshi - on the old version of the forum you used to be able to see your own selection in the poll, signified by an asterisk...is that lost forever?

Alas, it seems so. Had noticed this, and also the fact that you can't seem to delete your vote in order to change it anymore (I think).. If you click on the number to the right of each option you can see who has voted for it, so can pore through them to check your own, but a tad more labour intensive.

Just a heads up, @Dogbert: Sá is suspended. Do with that information what you will.

Right then. Been torn between a few scores, but have ended up going right down the middle...

BRISTOL CITY 2-2 READING F.C.

(0-1)

1st half

Blackman 19' - After a number of squandered City chances, Reading break (yes, yet another counter-attack) and Blackman rifles home from the edge of the box. Cotterill pushes Bobby Reid over, Flint screams at half the team, and Kodjia says..well..je ne sais quoi.

2nd half

Kodjia 47' - City come out all guns blazing in the second half, and for once take their first proper chance of a half. Freeman releases Kodjia with a peach of a pass, although Kodjia still has a fair bit to do as he jinks inside two defenders and curls it into the opposite corner. City well on top for the next 20 minutes.

Quinn 68' - Dominance comes to nothing, as Reading again manage to break but this time force a corner. While we'll have defended set pieces resolutely 'til now, once again we're caught napping, and Quinn nips in at the back post to poke it through Fielding's legs, before immediately being replaced.

Freeman 81' - Making up for the miss on Tuesday, Freeman slams a stunner of a left volley into the top corner, benefitting from a Joe Bryan delivery that gets deflected out to the edge of the box.

Fielding 88' - No, not an heroic last gasp winner from a corner, but nearly as good. Blackman looks absolutely certain to score, as a Flint slip lets him one-on-one (with the rest of our players miles up the pitch looking for a winner, of course), but Frankie makes an absolute worldy of a save, getting his fingertips to one destined for the top corner of the top corner, and basically makes it feel as though we've won.

Blackman cries.

Possession

BRISTOL CITY 56% - 44% READING F.C.

Wildcard

Rotherham 1-3 Cardiff City

• The topic was locked

Archived