IGNORED

SC won't pay infaled wages article in Post

hortonred

I found this a strange old read.SC. In it he says  from when we started and where we have come from we have done very well.From my uninformed position I wonder why  we started late and why that would be and  I would have said we haven't done that well in the transfer market. What do others think.Is this to cheer us up or does SC really believe this or of course has the Post got what he said wrong.                                                                                                       

I think he's bang on in that interview.

With the exception of the wages expected for players who he deems to be worth 6m - its naive to think that they wouldn't want a salary commensurate with that sort of transfer fee. And also naive to think that the rest of the squad would be put out by it.

If he's offering 6m, expect to pay an inflated wage to go with the inflated transfer fee or just don't bid for those players.

Two massive exceptions wouldn't you say Cynic?

Naïve to say the least...do it twice, and it's downright stupid. What does he expect? Spend time with Chairman making Million pound deals, without knowing a ball park figure of what a player wants? Yeah right....how stupid does he think the public are?

I'm sorry...but when it comes to our transfer activity since the end of last season, I tend to take everything SC talks about with a pinch of salt....especially the transfer policy.

And since when did it look in the press, that the Club was bad or Bristol has something wrong with it? What a load of bollox.

Players talk....and the majority love Bristol as a City to live, in or around.

If it hasn't already been noticed, SC is a marmite manager... many players don't like him or his ways. Very similar to GJ in that. And yes players talk about it. Some like him....but many don't.

He alludes to bringing Kermogant here in January....someone who has just signed a new deal at his own club. Is that player going to want to come here, if we are in a relegation battle come January, and because we don't have that much needed Midfielder and forward that he admits we need?

Sorry....I've got no problem with how we are playing, our tactics, our players etc...but this article is bullshit imho.

Pelling going, Fredericks going.... are just the tip of an iceberg when it comes to our transfers.

Don't believe a word of what is coming out in the media regarding transfers....my opinion only...I'm sure most will just believe it all though.

They could just keep it private. I have to be honest and say I don't know what the other guys in my work are on. The boss hasn't told me and they haven't told me.

As a result. I haven't stabbed any of them. We have never fallen out over wages (only over who nicked the stapler).

Footballers could learn a lot from me.

They could just keep it private. I have to be honest and say I don't know what the other guys in my work are on. The boss hasn't told me and they haven't told me.

As a result. I haven't stabbed any of them. We have never fallen out over wages (only over who nicked the stapler).

Do footballers have need of staplers ?

When the new signing has a house twice as big and several sports cars I reckon you'd have an idea what  they were on

I think it less about what wages we pay someone coming in, more like the wages in the squad. One sure fire way to create issues is paying differently to an extent it becomes an issue. We are in a mess of a football system that rewards Prem teams who fail with parachute payments. Indeed, there was no need need to do that, you have contracts with relegation clauses, we now have a Championship with a club like us, trying to compete with a wage budget 5 times our own. But the real core issue are squad sizes. Pre teams now make a business out of signing anything half decent , loaning them, and selling on. Never will these players reach the first team. If we had squad size limitations, those same players would have to play somewhere, and play where wages are lower. The whole system is geared towards the top teams, who already have enough money to make sure they have 24 top players. That teams can loan out 20 plus players is a farce and disrupts the system. The top players deserve the best and some, but what we have created is monster, that stops competition and results in a few clubs controlling football down to the lowest levels. They need to create a far better balance. The top clubs are having their cake and eat it. 

Totally Concur Billy...which makes the whole situation of us going for 8 million rated players ridiculous.

I was going to mention Frazier Campbell as a potential target for us...Hull are now interested in him to take on loan....but he's on a reported 35 K a week, which Palace want fully paid by Hull....that's what we are up against.

Totally Concur Billy...which makes the whole situation of us going for 8 million rated players ridiculous.

I was going to mention Frazier Campbell as a potential target for us...Hull are now interested in him to take on loan....but he's on a reported 35 million a week, which Palace want fully paid by Hull....that's what we are up against.

Lad's done well for himself.

I was going to mention Frazier Campbell as a potential target for us...Hull are now interested in him to take on loan....but he's on a reported 35 million a week, which Palace want fully paid by Hull....that's what we are up against.

We'd need to have a richer owner than SL to bankroll £35 million a week - that's near £2 billion a year. 

I don't think its unrealistic for SC to think we could better Brentfords wages for Gray, despite the cost of the player he would of probably been offered double his salary here. How was SC to know that wouldn't be acceptable.

Gayle I think was the strange one as he would of clearly had to take a pay cut or had to take the same wages in a lower league.

I don't think its unrealistic for SC to think we could better Brentfords wages for Gray, despite the cost of the player he would of probably been offered double his salary here. How was SC to know that wouldn't be acceptable.

Gayle I think was the strange one as he would of clearly had to take a pay cut or had to take the same wages in a lower league.

I think Gray chose to go to Burnley as a football move...not just wages.

What I find strange...is why is the BP bringing out another article about our Transfer business.

Are these recent quotes by SC or just old news being dragged out?

I can't imagine it being the latter, as the relationship between journalist and manager needs to be an ongoing one.

So why the hell is tranfers being spoken about AGAIN...this is all old stuff, that has been spoken about before by SC...nothing new.

I find it all very odd...it's like he's trying to make some kind of point.

We must have been given an idea how much the players would be looking for before we started the process, and we would have asked them if they would be interested in coming. Gray got a better offer financially and a better chance to play in the Prem next season, which changed his mind on us and his outlook on his wages. We did all we could afford.

• Admin

What I find strange...is why is the BP bringing out another article about our Transfer business.

I can't imagine it being the latter, as the relationship between journalist and manager needs to be an ongoing one.

So why the hell is tranfers being spoken about AGAIN...this is all old stuff, that has been spoken about before by SC...nothing new.

You will find that these are questions Stockhausen asked at the pre-Birmingham Press Conference (the first game following the closure of the transfer window). That he had not been able to ask questions about the transfer window before this point says everything about his relationship with the club these days.

You will find that these are questions Stockhausen asked at the pre-Birmingham Press Conference (the first game following the closure of the transfer window). That he had not been able to ask questions about the transfer window before this point says everything about his relationship with the club these days.

Thanks for confirming what I thought maybe the case Ian....appreciated :-)

I was going to mention Frazier Campbell as a potential target for us...Hull are now interested in him to take on loan....but he's on a reported 35 K a week, which Palace want fully paid by Hull....that's what we are up against.

There was a report that we made a 'late cheeky' loan bid for him on deadline day.

Perhaps we are in negotiation with someone at the moment and this is just a little reminder that we are n't mugs ! :cool:

Archived