IGNORED

We're here, we're every ****ing where, City fans, City fans

cidered abroad

Yesterday I travelled from my seaside villa in Burnham on Sea into deepest, darkest Somerset. I had rented a lovely red van to bring back my purchase of a piece of furniture advertised on eBay.

The seller turned out to be from Brizzle and a red hot City fan. He can't get to too many games because of personal commitments and the fact that if he could get away, the tickets have sold out then.

Just thought I would post this as a little reminder to any WUM's from other clubs, that the City's fan base is a helluva lot  bigger than many realise. All we need is a little bit of continuing success to have SL scratching his head and wondering how to turn The Gate into a 40,000 seater!

PS. Russ if I ever know of a spare ticket, I'll text you.

cringe, has anyone seen the abuse we give the gas for saying they have a larger support than they actually do.

The OP wasn't saying we have larger support than we actually have. He was saying that there's a larger fan base than many people realise and that, with a more sustained successful period, people actually attending games would increase.

Can't see anything wrong with that theory to make you cringe. Perhaps you need to apply a little restraint before having a pop at what appears to be a genuine poster, telling of his experience and thoughts. 

cringe, has anyone seen the abuse we give the gas for saying they have a larger support than they actually do.

you really are a bitter poster, why rubbish the originator for bigging up the city catchment area. My old mum says if you do not have something good to say, say nothing at all.

The OP wasn't saying we have larger support than we actually have. He was saying that there's a larger fan base than many people realise and that, with a more sustained successful period, people actually attending games would increase.

Can't see anything wrong with that theory to make you cringe. Perhaps you need to apply a little restraint before having a pop at what appears to be a genuine poster, telling of his experience and thoughts. 

So what your saying is with more success more people will attend - thanks for clearing that up!

It wasn't meant as a pop (it certainly wasn't personal) it was meant as an observation.

Thank you Rich.

I was walking with my dog on Berrow beach this afternoon and spent a good half an hour chatting with another dog owner, who I had never seen before. He told me he lived in Midsomer Norton, has a City ST and rarely misses a home game. 

We are everywhere!

So what your saying is with more success more people will attend - thanks for clearing that up!

It wasn't meant as a pop (it certainly wasn't personal) it was meant as an observation.

I thought the point was if we had a bigger capacity more people would attend - and given that most home games have been sold out this past year, it's not  surprising the fella can't get a ticket. 

Years ago, I was in a bar in Bangkok and I saw a guy in a Hirerite red City top- I couldn't believe it- also that I recognised him.

As we approached each other I realised it was a mirror. I was so pissed.

I'm here I'm there I'm bloody all over the place

Ha, not quite the same thing but...whilst stumbling pissed into the bogs of a Benidorm nightclub I bumped into a bloke who, at the time, sat a couple of rows in front of me in the Atyeo. A quick chat confirmed it was definitely him. I appreciate this is not the same sort of thing that the OP is talking about but 13 years on the sheer coincidence of it still amazes me.

A while back I was in Darwin (Northern Territory, Australia), sat in a bar with my City shirt on.  I was talking to an Australian couple and the woman asked me if it was a Bristol City shirt that I was wearing. It turned out that she was related to the owner/manager ( can't remember which) of the Wedlocks pub. Sure enough a few months later I bumped into her in Wedlocks where she was helping out at the bar while in the UK visiting her family. Small world!

Yesterday I travelled from my seaside villa in Burnham on Sea into deepest, darkest Somerset. I had rented a lovely red van to bring back my purchase of a piece of furniture advertised on eBay.

The seller turned out to be from Brizzle and a red hot City fan. He can't get to too many games because of personal commitments and the fact that if he could get away, the tickets have sold out then.

Just thought I would post this as a little reminder to any WUM's from other clubs, that the City's fan base is a helluva lot  bigger than many realise. All we need is a little bit of continuing success to have SL scratching his head and wondering how to turn The Gate into a 40,000 seater!

PS. Russ if I ever know of a spare ticket, I'll text you.

Does he know there are tickets available for today's game..?

surely any red hot city fan can get a ticket for pretty much any home game they want. 

He foes infect sound like the typical apathetic type of "fan" that can't be bothered most of the time and exactly the type that hold us back from getting any bigger. 

Had been up all night in Ibiza a few years ago and when walking on the beach a group of lads noticed my City top and came over. They were American and said Bristol City was their team as well. They said they had watched City on TV in the states and followed them ever since, new all the players, managers, songs etc. Thought that was a novelty. 

A while back I was in Darwin (Northern Territory, Australia), sat in a bar with my City shirt on.  I was talking to an Australian couple and the woman asked me if it was a Bristol City shirt that I was wearing. It turned out that she was related to the owner/manager ( can't remember which) of the Wedlocks pub. Sure enough a few months later I bumped into her in Wedlocks where she was helping out at the bar while in the UK visiting her family. Small world!

Where in Darwin ? I lived in Palmerston for a while before starting my business in Katherine ?  Great memories of watching Darwin Olympic playing Darwin Hellanic and watching the Greeks in their best nightclub fashion finery knocking 7 levels of crap out of each other. Sounds crap I know but was actually great fun. I was working for a Greek company where one brother was Olympic and the other Hellanic. Would I stir the pot .......................................... who ME !!!  Never

Where in Darwin ? I lived in Palmerston for a while before starting my business in Katherine ?  Great memories of watching Darwin Olympic playing Darwin Hellanic and watching the Greeks in their best nightclub fashion finery knocking 7 levels of crap out of each other. Sounds crap I know but was actually great fun. I was working for a Greek company where one brother was Olympic and the other Hellanic. Would I stir the pot .......................................... who ME !!!  Never

Can't remember the name of the place but was staying in the YHA in the centre and it was a bar pretty much next door. We're talking about 12 years ago but had a good week in the area before heading to Kakadu National Park. Funnily enough it is a place I was considering heading back to on a longer term basis - my wife is a teacher and there are some good jobs for her around there (not for me unfortunately!).

Archived