IGNORED

We need to stay together and be positive

rockinrobin

I think some people on here have got no patients or memory. It was only 2 seasons ago we were bottom of league 1 at Christmas, when cott had about ten games in charge. We not only survived that season by finishing 10th but we also are one of the only team to ever have done that. I have put money on us to get promoted this season based on momentum and the faith in the team and the Manager. We have made a lot of individual mistakes and some horrendous officials decisions, but overall we have played more confidently that when we were in trouble in league one. We need to start coming together as fan base and all get behind the team and Manager and roar them to victory. Last season we all believed we had a Club full of winners, so why should that belief change after just 8 games. I know we are in a different league with better standard of player but we have more that held our own in nearly all our games this season. SC stated just recently in his experience he feels as a club we are on the cuff of something great here, we believed him last year so why cant't we give him that chance to prove it this year. So come on boys and girls positive vibe please will help the guys no end.

UTC 

Deja vu all over again. Brum away last week... Everybody rallies together, stays positive, keeps the faith. Game over well before half time. This morning.. same thing, let's believe, we can do this we just need a bit of luck! Game over well before half time. Next week same thing again, repeat ad nauseum.

I'm sick and tired of blindly keeping the faith when it comes to competing at this level We are utterly utterly out of our depth. 

Deja vu all over again. Brum away last week... Everybody rallies together, stays positive, keeps the faith. Game over well before half time. This morning.. same thing, let's believe, we can do this we just need a bit of luck! Game over well before half time. Next week same thing again, repeat ad nauseum.

I'm sick and tired of blindly keeping the faith when it comes to competing at this level We are utterly utterly out of our depth. 

bye then

bye then

Typical OTIB intelligent reply

As a club we've constantly shot ourselves in the foot when promoted

some of us have become a bit fed up with it over decades - you will feel the same if we are still doing so in 30 -40 seasons time or so - (if you are still going)

whats your answer then  169 ?????

do you think supporters will be queuing up to watch Fleetwood and Rochdale again next year ?

We are woeful. I can't keep the faith in a team that didn't look too bothered about playing poorly. No one who started looked to give it all. I can't keep faith in a club that thinks their entire league 1 club is good enough to compete in a bigger league. A league that spent 100m in transfer fees and who knows how much in wages. 

Dont spout rubbish to us fans about how we want to recruit u24 with experience players and then not "waste" on wages. Then when we fail say we can compete. No we can't and I'm at that realization but stop telling me results will come because we are only getting worse. If we don't want to spend on wages I'm ok with that too. Just tell me so I can expect the next season in league 1.

some of us have become a bit fed up with it over decades - you will feel the same if we are still doing so in 30 -40 seasons time or so - (if you are still going)

do you think supporters will be queuing up to watch Fleetwood and Rochdale again next year ?

I will be. Jeez. Yes we've got stuff wrong this summer but as fans all we can do is keep positive and support the team. Give it time and plenty will be booing and jeering. If you're a booer or a jeerer please just don't..

The problem is that we have now lost too many games to play with any confidence. That monkey is well and truly on our backs and we cannot string more than 3 passes together.

We needed a win to come from somewhere in the last few weeks and it didn't.

Once you are in the bottom 3 players go into hiding. No-one wants the ball, no one wants to step up to the plate, and players start playing with fear.

We are now psychologically in trouble.

We are not a bad team. We are good enough for this level, because we trounced League One. 

The manager has got to take responsibility for sticking with a system that hasn't been working right from the first game. You cannot be a one trick pony. I thought Cotterill was tactically far more astute than that? 

We need to stop conceding goals as a priority, and to do that we cannot afford the luxury of wing backs that are ok going forward, but not strong enough defensively.

The most worrying thing is that there seems to be an inability to learn from the mistakes. There is a total stubbornness about Cotts sticking with the 3-5-2 and saying we were unlucky. How many more games ffs?!!!

Agree with the balls up over the summer too.

The club thought they would be alright after walking league one and let the transfer window close without breaking the wage bill and to not upset the wonderful cohesive changing room. It seems to be backfiring horrendously, and we've got a wafer thin squad. This is typical of Bristol City. Every single time we go up we commit suicide.

Quick, someone get Benny Lennartson on the phone!!!!

what's my answer to what? I would support us if we were playing on the downs each week, I'm sick of the people on here who say we're are going down every week. Everyone is so ******* depressing I'm surprised they can live day to day. Today was the first game where we have been poor and outplayed, from what I've heard both on the radio, comments on here and people I know that went, unfortunately I can't afford to travel to Bristol each week to see us more. Each game before today people have said we have deserved more than we have got, so we clearly aren't shit. Today we were bad, end of story, there are 38 games left that's 114 points available and people are writing us off as relegated already, that's ******* pathetic and not supporting the club. I'm glad the players aren't as ridiculously negative otherwise they wouldn't bother playing the game

I will be. Jeez. Yes we've got stuff wrong this summer but as fans all we can do is keep positive and support the team. Give it time and plenty will be booing and jeering. If you're a booer or a jeerer please just don't..

I try to stay positive but in my mind the effort wasn't what I'm used to. Am I not allowed to be disappointed with that? It wasn't hard to support at Birmingham when we got some bad calls but kept our heads up. Wasn't hard against Brentford with 10 men for an hour. Wasn't hard at Burnley when we played very well and had a few mistakes.

im ok with not being good enough but today we were less than not good enough. We weren't good enough and had no passion. That as a fan is unacceptable. Hopefully it is a one off  because I've never seen them so poor and down. 

not meant for you Jungle - ignore

Question was for 169

Forums had me !

I'm only 20 but followed city all my life, I watch city to see us play, if we play Man Utd, Chelsea, arsenal etc great. If we play Rochdale, fleetwood, accrington or Telford then not so great, but time and money permitting I will be there

I'm only 20 but followed city all my life, I watch city to see us play, if we play Man Utd, Chelsea, arsenal etc great. If we play Rochdale, fleetwood, accrington or Telford then not so great, but time and money permitting I will be there

fair enough - just consider if you'd been going home and away over 10,20,30 years - you're enthusiasm and tolerance might have taken a knock

You can't compare Bottom of league 2  with the teams that are bottom in this league! 

They are mostly all tidy teams that are street wise and would be very hard to pull back if a gap opens we are lacking two or three Quality Players who can Hold and pas a ball at this level ,we have brought in players on loan that are not good enough we need leaders on the pitch to help the less experienced players and soon!

I find posts like the OPs insulting.

Di you not think every city fan wants the best for the club.

Some sort of Alec Guiness Bridge iver the River Kwai clip is needed.

Sorry to disappoint you but I am entitled to my opinion. I cannot see where I have insulted anyone all I was quoting  was for people to remember where we were 2 seasons ago at Christmas.

Yes I do think some are happy to moan if we do not get the results we all want, and yes some people are to quick to jump on the players and Managers back which is not best for the Club. Negativity will and can only lead to one thing, relegation.

fair enough - just consider if you'd been going home and away over 10,20,30 years - you're enthusiasm and tolerance might have taken a knock

I think the opposite, I think with all that experience the older fans should be able to have more reasonable expectations when we get a promotion, this was always going to be a very tough season. 

I'm going to be budgeting this year to try and make sure I can get a season ticket next season regardless of the division, I had a season ticket under SOD and didn't see a league win until after January because the only 2 home games I couldn't make were Crawley and Walsall(? On Boxing Day) yet every other week I couldn't wait for Saturday to come so I could get behind the team and support them.

on the pitch I don't think 3-5-2 is the problem, it is fine as long as the players do the defensive part of their duties as well as attacking, that is where we need work

Nothing wrong with being negative when necessary.

Right now we are in deep trouble, and burying your head in the sand and sticking with 3-5-2 isn't going to turn us into world beaters.

Things need to change, no two ways about it.

You are absolutely right about negativity only when the time is right Ala Sean O'dismal, we are nowhere near that stage yet. 

I think the opposite, I think with all that experience the older fans should be able to have more reasonable expectations when we get a promotion, this was always going to be a very tough season. 

I'm going to be budgeting this year to try and make sure I can get a season ticket next season regardless of the division, I had a season ticket under SOD and didn't see a league win until after January because the only 2 home games I couldn't make were Crawley and Walsall(? On Boxing Day) yet every other week I couldn't wait for Saturday to come so I could get behind the team and support them.

on the pitch I don't think 3-5-2 is the problem, it is fine as long as the players do the defensive part of their duties as well as attacking, that is where we need work

Couldn't agree more buddy.

But where will these players come from?  SL is not prepared to pay Championship wages, so no matter what is bid for a quality player or two, they won't be interested in joining us.   As has been stated on here before, because of the preseason transfer mess up all the good players were snapped up by other clubs and the only alternative has been to bring in loan players.  Clearly this isn't working and neither is the 5-3-2 formation, all the teams we have played have sused us out and done their homework and that's why we are in the relegation zone, yet again in this league.

3-5-2 did awful for Watford last year didn't it?

its not the formation, it's down to getting the balance in mentality

Sounds like I'm on your case 169

but more importance than mentality - you need the tactical acumen and quality of players to do it at this level

Watford were the only side to play 3-5-2 with any regularity and had a squad somewhat different to ours

Archived