IGNORED

Marlon Pack

MC RISK77

I'm certainly not Pack's biggest fan. But we can't just blame him for yesterday (we did look a hell of a lot better once Reid came on though) The number of times we got into decent crossing postion & failed to make the most of it. The fact the ball failed to stick anytime the ball went forward. The failure from the back 3 to close down anyone who runs at them. The massive gap between the back 3 & the front line. All issues which need to be sorted. 

I said the 1st time I saw Kodja he reminds me of Akinbyi - I just hope he doesn't come face the same sort of season with us as he did, at the moment this side looks frightenly like John Ward's/Benny's relegation side.  

fed up? Get over yourself, it's your opinion. Personally I see what Pack offers. I don't think he's a bad player and is the only player that offers a pass out for the defenders. Like Skuse, our fan base is incapable of realising how much a player like this brings to our team. 

Pack is another of these players who some fans have made their mind up about his performance before he's even stepped out on the pitch. He could bang in a hatrick and they'd still find fault. 

Personally I think he's a decent player. Not brilliant but no where near as bad as lots make out. I couldn't make yesterday's game so couldn't comment on his or anyone else's performance. 

Didn't say that, said I think he could have done better, he looks to me to be diving late for it, in fact the ball is past him before he gets to the position to save it, but perhaps for the benefit of the doubt he was unsighted and saw it late.

I agree. Was right behind it in the Atyeo and he definitely dived late. Was possibly partially unsighted though and it was a sweetly struck shot.

Suprised no one has tried blaming Marlon Pack for it, to be fair.

Apart from both being black and predominantly right footed I'm struggling with this Kodjia/Akinbiyi comparison.

Ade was incredibly strong but had a pretty ropey technique, Kodjia is technically excellent but a little lightweight.

Kodja looks like he'll need 3 chances to score 1 goal, if Ade had scored a quarter of the chances he missed we'ld have finish mid-table easily. Both are/were deceptively quick with the ball at their feet. Both have extremely high work rates. Both seem to do most of their good work outside of the box. I'll conceded the physicality differences & maybe Kodja is slightly better technically but I think there's enough similarities to draw comparison.

Archived