IGNORED

Are we going down?

Randy Marsh

Relegation  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There certainly doesn't seem to be a 'silver bullet' that's going to solve things. I can't see any immediate solutions to the problems we have. Therefore, we're just going to have to hope the players work hard and improve.

Difficult to see where a win is coming from at the moment - everyone was happy with a point at PNE, I wasn't. They are a poor team and we had enough chances to beat them and should have.

Already starting to look at teams that will finish below us this season...Rotherham? Bolton? Preston?

Need to start grinding out results asap otherwise it is going to be a long, hard season.

Under the circumstances an immediate return to L1 would be disasterous - it CANNOT be allowed to happen.

Still a long way to go but having supported City for 40 years there does seem something inevitable about this season. 

Watching yesterday I just had a sense of dejavu with our 98/99 season.

Looking at the fixtures it is differcult to see where we are going to pick up enough points to stay up.

One thing is certain is that we are now in a relagation battle and we should start fighting and scrapping for every point.  We should be going into matches now setting up not to loose and making it very differcult for the oppostion, the major dissappoint yesterday was that is was far to easy for Reading.

I have to say yes based on what I've seen so far. Simply put we play a 5 man defence and are shipping goals left,  right and centre. Kodjia looks like he could be a real talent which is concerning as I can't see him being happy in the English third tier of football. 

We honestly cannot afford to be relegated so I hope sooner rather than later Cotterill will try something different and it'll click but add the moment all I see from him is a one-trick pony who's trick just doesn't work at this level. 

I sincerely hope to be proven wrong but unless we sure up the defence and stop the goals going past is I just can't see us spring enough to balance it out. 

I've voted no. 

Yesterday was not good enough by quite a long way but it is the first time this season that I've left feeling disappointed at the performance. 

We need to wise up on a few key things and I think we are going to be in for a battle but I think we will stay up in the end. 

I don't know what this post looks like because a big black box in the middle of the screen has hidden my text as I type it! 

I voted no. I do however think we need to become more streetwise in this division to survive. We have changed a few things and they are not working for me. Some of our best performers from last season, Flint, Ayling, Freeman, are struggling this term. Playing the ball back to Frankie last season was a possession thing and we would build from the back again. This season its getting lumped up towards Wilbs and he is not winning much. We also seem to have changed our corner and dead ball routines. Instead of Flint looping round to the back post, he now stands in the middle of a crowded penalty area where pushing, shoving, and shirt pulling means he doesn't get a run at the ball. We seem naïve this year and better opposition are picking us off easily.  If we can iron out a few faults I think we are capable of a mid table finish. I hope I am right.

I voted yes based on what I have seen so far. This is no longer about us being plucky losers, that only last for so long. Leaking goals playing a system that isn't working for us has to be addressed tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I don't think Cotterill will see it, he's too far down the road now with this system to change his thinking.

I can see similarities with 98/99 -  big money shanked ( or at least offered) but many of our L1 players being found out. Difference is I don't think we'll get rid of our successful boss this time, so I have faith we'll find a way. Ultimately last season suggests we're better than 2 teams in this division, which means we only need 1 more below us, theoretically at least. So not a ringing endorsement but still think we'll be ok.

I haven't voted purely because I can't make my mind up. 5 points from 8 games is certainly relegation form, but with 38 games to go there are still so many variables it's pretty much impossible to call at this stage. If we can tighten up at the back I still believe this squad has enough to finish in 21st position, which I think we'd probably all settle for now. No question it's been a disastrous summer though.

Yesterday was dire, but I voted "no".  It's only September and there is still a lot of the season remaining. I foresee two scenarios:  

1) Cotts recognises the need for change and, with the backing of Steve Lansdown, strengthens the team and modifies the formation. Mid table finish. 

2) Cotts remains stubborn, continues with 3-5-2 and fails to strengthen the team for whatever reasons. This results in his sack by Christmas or he walks due to lack of financial support. 

Its scenario 1 for me

It hurts  to say  this but we looked completely 2nd best in every department  yesterday. I am very  worried  and like others can see similarities to the John ward  season. With the transfer window  closed i feel the current squad are not anywhere near the high standard of the championship.

Archived